HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted May 1, 2009, 9:54 PM

I've added in the new proposal for Bedford (827 Bfd Hwy) and updated a couple of the others.

Old Posted May 22, 2009, 11:49 PM

New link added in for Jonovision's "Pics Around Town" thread.

And the completion date for 273 Bedford Highway has been pushed back to May 2009 due to the base exterior being installed this week.

BTW does anybody have any suggestions/comments? This thread seems awfully dead so it would be nice to know if anybody is still using it.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2009, 10:41 PM

I've made slight changes to the Abandoned/Dead category.

Also I've changed the statuses of the Waterton Towers to completed and "in court".

Old Posted Sep 19, 2009, 6:09 PM

I've added Founders Corner and Crown Bay to the completed list and updated most of the others.

- DJ

Old Posted Oct 1, 2009, 5:47 PM
we built this city

The U/C list is sure getting shorter... lets hope some approved projects break ground before winter.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2009, 2:24 AM
we built this city

Might as well move 5505 Fauxland to the complete section.

Old Posted Oct 12, 2009, 5:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
Might as well move 5505 Fauxland to the complete section.
Done.

Does anyone have an update on it anyways?

- DJ

Old Posted Oct 12, 2009, 3:50 PM
we built this city

I walked by it yesterday and it looks like they are just adding the hardware, etc to the outside of the building.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2009, 2:38 AM

I've been thinking about how to streamline this thread while still making sure it is fair so I wasi thinking:

Suburbs - Too many low-rises going up to keep track of so anything over 5 stories will get a mention. Exceptions to this will be when there is a shorter building (3+ stories) that is on a main road that is highly visible (ie. Portland St, Main St, Bfd Hwy, Sackville Dr)

Core (Peninsula & Downtown Dart) - Anything 3 stories or higher will be mentioned. Exceptions will be few but the Seaport Farmer's Market is one of them for now since it will be a landmark building.

So what do you guys think of these guidelines?

EDIT: Also since Bedford West has buildings that fit the current guidelines I'm going to list them as the roads make it to the sites.

- DJ

Old Posted Oct 25, 2009, 3:53 PM
we built this city

Sounds good to me!

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 2:47 PM
Honored Member

I appreciate the effort put into maintaining the compilation list. It seems like a number of the Approved and Proposed buildings will soon be in the Under Construction section.

Looking at the compilation list I can see how long it takes from the time a building is proposed to when construction actually starts. Most of this time, I believe, is the length of time it take to complete design drawings and get financing. In reality, the approval process by the HRM council usually doesn't take that long in most of the cases; only the controversial ones take a long time to be approved.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2009, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
I appreciate the effort put into maintaining the compilation list. It seems like a number of the Approved and Proposed buildings will soon be in the Under Construction section.

Looking at the compilation list I can see how long it takes from the time a building is proposed to when construction actually starts. Most of this time, I believe, is the length of time it take to complete design drawings and get financing. In reality, the approval process by the HRM council usually doesn't take that long in most of the cases; only the controversial ones take a long time to be approved.
Well I'm pleased to see people are still using this thread.

The Theatre Lofts were just moved from the Approved to the U/C section.

I've also restarted a map with the proposals on it. I've provided a link on the top of the list (first post). It has pointers for the projects and coloured in areas for the districts. I welcome thoughts on the district boundaries.

Old Posted Nov 23, 2009, 6:12 AM

Since I have no attention span for History essays I ended up spending a lot of time on the map today.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...02105&t=h&z=16

All of the projects are now in and the districts that I am using are shaded. There are also some of my recent photos included in the description box for visual purposes.

I made the colour system simple to understand. Red means proposed/vision, Yellow means Approved, and Green means U/C.

There are two things that I am considering doing;

Because of the oversize of the Halifax - Mainland North area I am considering splitting the district up to have Fairview seperate.

On a bigger scale I am open to making the map available to edit for some fellow forumers (called collaborators on Google Maps). To protect my work to some degree and to make sure the map isn't harmed I will only open up the invitation to people on the forum who have only the best intentions. So for example if I know you from the forum meet this Summer or I can clearly see that you are dedicated to the forum I will defenitely consider adding you. All I need is your email address.

Last edited by Dmajackson; Nov 23, 2009 at 6:26 AM.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 12:52 PM
Honored Member

I like the fact that you have each project linked to the corresponding thread in your compilation list. If I am looking for information I can come to the compilation list and click on the project that I am interested in.

Old Posted Nov 25, 2009, 9:18 PM

Since I received no feedback on splitting the Mainland North I went ahead and created a Halifax - Fairview District which includes traditional Fairview, Bayview and Mount Royale. Since the Mainland North is still huge I am probably going to subdivide the rest into four districts;

Halifax - Rockingham: Bfd Hwy (MSVU - Birch Cove), Tremont, and Flamingo.

Halifax - Clayton Park: Stretching from Dunbrack Street to the Bi-Hi from the Fairview border to Wedgewood Subdivision (plus the Northcliffe subdivision).

Halifax - Business Park: Anything in Bayer's Lake, Lakeside, or Ragged Lake Business Parks

Halifax - Mainland North: Any remaining areas with a Halifax address north of the Bi-Hi.

Last edited by Dmajackson; Nov 25, 2009 at 9:38 PM.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2010, 7:12 PM

Anybody else notice the new additions to the proposed list for Downtown?

I'm quite liking where all the proposals are focusing right now.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2010, 8:55 PM
we built this city

I want to see some of the approved get started.

Old Posted Jan 21, 2010, 8:28 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedford_DJ View Post
Since I have no attention span for History essays I ended up spending a lot of time on the map today.

http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?hl=en&...02105&t=h&z=16

All of the projects are now in and the districts that I am using are shaded. There are also some of my recent photos included in the description box for visual purposes.

I made the colour system simple to understand. Red means proposed/vision, Yellow means Approved, and Green means U/C.

There are two things that I am considering doing;

Because of the oversize of the Halifax - Mainland North area I am considering splitting the district up to have Fairview seperate.

On a bigger scale I am open to making the map available to edit for some fellow forumers (called collaborators on Google Maps). To protect my work to some degree and to make sure the map isn't harmed I will only open up the invitation to people on the forum who have only the best intentions. So for example if I know you from the forum meet this Summer or I can clearly see that you are dedicated to the forum I will defenitely consider adding you. All I need is your email address.
This map is amazing, look at how much is proposed/approved downtown...

Old Posted Jan 23, 2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldlyhaligonian View Post
This map is amazing, look at how much is proposed/approved downtown...
Thanks for reminding me of that map.

I updated a few of the photos on it and weather permitting I should have new photos from my January phototour up on Friday/Saturday.

Unfortunately the links I added into the photos have stopped working so I am trying to get a new way to have a direct link off of the map to the project's thread.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2010, 1:24 PM
we built this city

I eagerly await this phototour, I have been too busy to get a look at any developments aside from the ones on the way to work.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth