HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Sep 17, 2018, 10:54 PM

Old Posted Oct 5, 2018, 1:47 AM

No photo but I did notice tonight that the foundation walls are going in and there is a crane base installed on the northeast corner. This is officially under construction.

- DJ

Old Posted Feb 18, 2019, 9:59 PM

I think this is the right thread for this one.

20190217_134643 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 9, 2019, 10:07 PM

Old Posted Oct 20, 2019, 11:06 PM

- DJ

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 12:32 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
With the Bloom, this build, the new build on Isleville and Almon and the build going in at Bilby and Isleville, it'll be interesting to see what this neighbourhood will be like once the ground floor retail in these places are established.

Old Posted Oct 22, 2019, 6:14 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbw View Post
With the Bloom, this build, the new build on Isleville and Almon and the build going in at Bilby and Isleville, it'll be interesting to see what this neighbourhood will be like once the ground floor retail in these places are established.
I wonder how much of an impact these developments will have on the population density of the area.

If you look at the residential blocks around Almon and Isleville, it's a mix of small houses, apartments, and parking lots. I count around 25 houses on one more or less fully built up block. Some of those are subdivided into apartments. It's probably 40-50 units in total. I'd guess maybe 150 people live on that block.

The small apartment buildings can have 40-60 units and around 100 residents. A block that gets 1 apartment building might go from about 100 to 200 people and the density roughly doubles.

20 of these buildings would have a big impact on the overall density in a 5x5 block area. I think this construction will bring a lot more foot traffic and storefront commercial activity, plus increase demand for transit. In the long run, I could see some high demand transit corridors developing through the North End and out to Fairview and Clayton Park.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2020, 11:53 PM

- DJ

Old Posted Feb 24, 2020, 1:46 AM

Occupancy is slated for June 2020

Kijiji Ad - Camille Residences

- DJ

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 5:34 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 4:03 PM

This is substantially complete now. It's not occupied yet but there's only a few minor details left. It's actually a nice upgrade for the neighbourhood.

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

- DJ

Old Posted Sep 12, 2020, 4:57 PM
Somewhat Pretentious

I was initially underwhelmed when the renderings for this one first went up, although it has since grown on me. Now that it is complete, I would say that the Camille's modesty is its quality.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 1:25 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Baklava View Post
I was initially underwhelmed when the renderings for this one first went up, although it has since grown on me. Now that it is complete, I would say that the Camille's modesty is its quality.
I can't say I love the look of the black sheet metal cladding, but the townhouse scaling is just right, and it'll be nice to have a bit of sidewalk and tree cover through there after so long.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atbw View Post
I can't say I love the look of the black sheet metal cladding, but the townhouse scaling is just right, and it'll be nice to have a bit of sidewalk and tree cover through there after so long.
Yeah, the sheet metal doesn't do it for me, nor does the faux-wood. I like the brick and the overall street-level appearance, though.

Old Posted Sep 15, 2020, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybrain View Post
Yeah, the sheet metal doesn't do it for me, nor does the faux-wood. I like the brick and the overall street-level appearance, though.
I don't mind the massing... but the black/white patterning on the upper part bugs me - something about how black aligns with the edges of the windows. Brick is OK, but I don't like the light coloured mortar - it shows of variation in the mortar joints too much and looks a little sloppy. Would have been better in my opinion to have mortar closer to the brick colour.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2020, 12:06 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybrain View Post
I plan on checking this one out this weekend in person. I'm thinking it looks better in person at street level where the tower is less visible unless you're actively looking at it. The level of detail on the podium looks promising though. Even the garage door doesn't look too bad.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2020, 1:29 PM
Just 183 km north of...

If you like the feel of the old north streets then I suspect you'll like the feel of this building's street presence. The brick portions of the podium are nicely scaled and the setback faux wood portions keeps the scale in check. The small front gardens are pretty much bang on what you'd find along old north streets. The street trees are great but I pity the poor grass areas that'll soon be spotted dead by dog pee. I was surprised to see two garage doors...one on Bilby and one on Isleville. Looking at the tower I wonder if the white parts could have been window wall instead. Is window wall that much more expensive? ...or perhaps not suitable? The level of activity on this small intersection this past Friday afternoon was amazing to witness. Finishers were working on this building, the old wooden structures across Isleville were being demolished, concrete was being poured at the site across Bilby and the Market next to this building was in full swing.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth