HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 4:26 AM

Most of Austin's tallest projects don't get posted about in this thread. But to sum it up, we now have over 40 projects proposed or U/C that are between 300' and 850'. It's hard to comprehend that many towers going up in addition to what has already been built during the past several years.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:23 PM

can someone post a panoramic pic?

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the atx View Post
it seems to be around 1,100'. But that is a vision in a marketing flyer. The good news is that karlin who was marketing the site is the one who bought it. They will be going tall, but no site plan has been submitted yet.
wow

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 5:12 AM
クラブトクヨ

Yeah this thread isn’t updated as much as the other Austin threads, but we have a ton of major projects underway. Austin is booming!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 5:25 PM

i wonder what the zoning regs are here (if any).

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 12:23 AM

Since this thread doesn't get updated much, here's a general update by the numbers. I'm almost ready to post my final Tallest Austin Projects list of the year in the sticky development links thread in the Austin subforum. But I'm waiting for height info on three projects that I will add to the list once I have it, and I'm also waiting for two more significant groundbreakings that could happen in December. The fact that we have 41 projects in the works that are between 300' and 850' is amazing for a metro of 2.2 million. That total only includes projects announced by developers and/or have had city documents/permits filed. It doesn't include planned projects like the Railyard condos site towers and the Brackenridge campus redevelopment site towers. Of course nobody including me expects all 41 to be built. But more than 1/3 of them (14) have already broken ground. This is all on top of what has already been built over the past several years.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 9:29 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Yet another 600+ footer for downtown Austin. This one is all office (41 floors & 634'). It's being called: Tower 5c (I assume that is for its location at 5th and Colorado).

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 9:48 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Now that is sexy! I like how it isn’t another asymmetrical geometric box pile. The crown is going to really stand out and become a recognizable landmark.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 4:56 AM

That'll be a nice addition to the skyline!

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 4:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Most of Austin's tallest projects don't get posted about in this thread. But to sum it up, we now have over 40 projects proposed or U/C that are between 300' and 850'. It's hard to comprehend that many towers going up in addition to what has already been built during the past several years.
Just wondering, are all of these towers going to be built in/near downtown or other areas of the city as well?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 5:38 AM
Future God

Phew! I just went through this thread and I have to say, we have a ton of construction cranes in Nashville but Austin is just on another level in that regard, blowing away all the competition in terms of both height and quality. Just beautiful!!

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 9:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
Just wondering, are all of these towers going to be built in/near downtown or other areas of the city as well?
Three of the 42 I counted are being developed for the Domain/Broadmoor area in north Austin. So 39 are downtown. Fourteen of the 42 have broken ground which is 1/3 of them.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 9:30 PM

Here's a photo taken by clayton_rogue and posted in the West Campus thread in the Austin subforum about a week ago. It's looking north away from downtown towards campus. The view now has 21 cranes I believe with around 15 more in downtown proper in the opposite direction.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 11:50 PM
Selfie-stick vendor

That’s a beautiful tower

Why can’t nyc and especially Brooklyn get such nice designs?

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 2:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Three of the 42 I counted are being developed for the Domain/Broadmoor area in north Austin. So 39 are downtown. Fourteen of the 42 have broken ground which is 1/3 of them.
Wow! At this rate of construction and new projects it seems Austin's CBD will have just as many towers as Dallas's and Houston's CBD. Or am I jumping the gun? That panoramic shot you posted is gorgeous by the way.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 2:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Phew! I just went through this thread and I have to say, we have a ton of construction cranes in Nashville but Austin is just on another level in that regard, blowing away all the competition in terms of both height and quality. Just beautiful!!
Outside of the Texas 4, Nashville is definitely a city that I keep up with. Impressive stuff you guys got going up there.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 3:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtokyo View Post
Great shot of Austin from reddit! Shows off development and trees!

(I have no idea to size this down in code, I tried what I remember.)

This one almost looks unreal. It looks like some Southeast Asia city with the hills shown.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 6:57 AM

I know right, just gorgeous!

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
I know right, just gorgeous!
I used to live in the treed area on the bottom left. My mom grew up in that same area. It is called Travis Heights. It used to be pretty middle class and suburban, but now has gentrified to the point to where when I move back, it’ll be hard to afford this area. I think the lots now are starting at about $500 k with a hundred year old run down house. They are now demoing those houses to build million dollar houses, thus gentrification.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2019, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IluvATX View Post
I used to live in the treed area on the bottom left. My mom grew up in that same area. It is called Travis Heights. It used to be pretty middle class and suburban, but now has gentrified to the point to where when I move back, it’ll be hard to afford this area. I think the lots now are starting at about $500 k with a hundred year old run down house. They are now demoing those houses to build million dollar houses, thus gentrification.
Yeah that's the downside of gentrification. The increased expense and the pricing out of former residents. I wouldn't be surprised to see highrises start popping up on the other side of the river. That is if it hasn't started happening already.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations