HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 5:23 PM

No kidding, Riverview posted on FB that it opens tonight at 6pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

The new traffic circle at Bridgedale/Gunningsville is coming along remarkably quickly.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Have to take a drive up there tonight, and check the progress on the Kensington apartments while I'm at it.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 9:21 PM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
https://www.919thebend.ca/2020/06/26/90738/

The first of three turning circles planned.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 10:42 AM

It was completed remarkably quickly. Well done Riverview.
I like traffic circles. I know a lot of people do not. In time, I hope this will be seen by citizens as a wise move as that area develops and traffic levels increase.
Many of my friends over there feel this expense is premature given current car counts. I understand those feelings after the commercial area now thriving atop the big hill sat fallow for a coupla decades, with sidewalks, roads, decorative lighting, fire hydrants, etc.. all in place but NO homes or businesses for years and years. It looked like a post-apocalyptic wasteland. We will see in the next few years.
I personally feel the timing is right as houses are going up and I note there is a business zone created on Bridgedale Road that will eventually grow. And these project don't get cheaper in the future, they only get more expensive.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2020, 7:16 PM

The new holy whale beer garden has been packed all weekend. I went last night, they advertise open until 9 but will stay there as long as there's a crowd. The mosquitos kind decide when its time to close . The setup is great with lots of spacing between tables and you order by text message. All servers have masks and the owner was sporting a faceshield. Tables visibly sanitized in between customers.

Every table was full for the 2 hours I was there. They must be doing much more business than their old setup.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
The new holy whale beer garden has been packed all weekend. I went last night, they advertise open until 9 but will stay there as long as there's a crowd. The mosquitos kind decide when its time to close . The setup is great with lots of spacing between tables and you order by text message. All servers have masks and the owner was sporting a faceshield. Tables visibly sanitized in between customers.

Every table was full for the 2 hours I was there. They must be doing much more business than their old setup.
I went Friday night and as soon as the sun came out there was a lineup for seats. I agree way better setup than before and great beer.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 6:11 PM

Looks like they're getting ready to build the streets at the end of Rosebank Cres. in the Fairways development. I drove through on the weekend and saw some marker stakes in the ground & there was also some heavy equipment sitting at the site.

There are also a few new homes currently under construction as well as some sold signs on existing lots.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 1:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Looks like they're getting ready to build the streets at the end of Rosebank Cres. in the Fairways development. I drove through on the weekend and saw some marker stakes in the ground & there was also some heavy equipment sitting at the site.

There are also a few new homes currently under construction as well as some sold signs on existing lots.
Drove by again tonight. They've definitely started building the streets.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post

Yeah they sure are doing more business than their old set up. I walked by tonight at about 7:30 and it was practically a full house - there might have been 2 tables empty. Very busy for a Monday night. It's a nice atmosphere with the music and the outdoor setting. I can see why it's so popular.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2020, 6:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The concrete forms are going in for the Kensington development.

Old Posted Jul 15, 2020, 1:46 PM

The Fairways development is really booming. The Kensington Apartments are finally under construction and are already fully leased. There will be 2 separate buildings. There is major road construction happening at the end of Rosebank where a large tree clearing operation has been done. There's a big tract of land there which appears to be about as big as the entire existing development. There are also several houses currently under construction as well as some sold signs on existing lots. All in all, it's an excellent development in the heart of Riverview.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2020, 1:56 PM

I noticed that the trees on a piece of land on Pine Glen Rd near Berkley have been cleared. There was a submission to the PAC in March by Lepage Holdings and Property Management Group regarding this property. They intend to build a 2 story 14 unit apartment building on the site. A small but nice little in-filling project on vacant land. I would imagine that construction will start soon.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 12:34 AM
Random Contributor

Quinn apartments nearing completion.

State of the Quinn Court apartments.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
State of the Quinn Court apartments.

According to their web site www.quinncourtapartments.ca, it says phase one has 1 spot left and phase 2 building has 17% lease filled. And that's as of Feb 4 2020.

I'm a little shocked by this. Good for the developer, but, their lease prices are pretty much the same as Tannery Place. If I was paying that rent, I would pick hands down without question a modern concrete apartment building over a 4 level wood construction any day.

So the question is now, is Quinn Court overpriced or is Tannery Place underpriced? I'm beginning to think Tannery is underpriced by $110/$200 based on the going market prices of other "luxury" apartments such as Place Horizon, Promenade Neuf, Lakeview Villas, 25 Dominion, ect.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 3:21 PM

Sounds like it's a factor of the hot market, and as you say, Tannery may be underpriced.

If Moncton's market is still red hot, even after COVID, then new wooden construction is likely able to attract luxury rates because there aren't any other units close to the quality they are looking for available.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2020, 4:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Sounds like it's a factor of the hot market, and as you say, Tannery may be underpriced.

If Moncton's market is still red hot, even after COVID, then new wooden construction is likely able to attract luxury rates because there aren't any other units close to the quality they are looking for available.
When a building is fully leased even before construction has started, then there's no question that they could have commanded a higher rent. I inquired about the Kensington Apartments a few months ago and was informed that they were fully leased and was offered to be added to their waiting list. This was before construction had even started. I think that as people move out, there will be a good increase in price for subsequent tenants.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 3:01 PM

Interesting video on Cordova Realty's facebook page showing a view tenants can expect from The Tides apartment building they're planning constructing on Coverdale Rd. They state that construction will start this summer.

https://www.facebook.com/23540837937...279916277/?t=5

Old Posted Jul 24, 2020, 9:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

That's this building:

So, they are going to call it The Tides. That's good to know. Sorta goes along with the other project they have planned for Coverdale Road (The Current).

I'm excited to hear they plan to begin construction later this summer!

Old Posted Jul 25, 2020, 3:09 AM

That lot was for sale for many years so I'm glad it's finally going to be developed. It's a prime location and the Cordova building is very nice. I especially like the nice landscaping facing Coverdale Rd. with the parking out of sight at the rear of the building.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2020, 3:30 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

From the agenda for the August Riverview PAC meeting:

Quote:
Chad Blakney on behalf of 717035 NB Inc, 727 Coverdale Road (PID 05038831), Conditional use application to: 1) permit a 32 unit multi-unit building in the Suburban Commercial zone, and 2) to permit a use greater than 1500 square metres within the Suburban Commercial zone (File 20-1095).
No supporting documents as of yet. They will likely show up on the website in the next few days.

This is the lot for sale directly across from the Broadview Power Sports Building at the Riverview Mall, to the west of the former West Side Restaurant which burned last year. Apparently a 32 unit apartment building is planned.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces