HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan


Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #941  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:29 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
Doubtful, but who knows?

I will say I like the scale of the project. Fits in nicely.

I am also a little concerned with how much this is cannibalizing business away from P&M. Hopefully this lights a fire under the butts of the building owners at P&M to up their game.
I am glad. This is what it takes for property owners to invest. The next announcement to watch for is by Artis REIT.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #942  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:30 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
Maybe that's a way of getting some additional government support. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Federal money start to appear, supporting 'green' projects.
Trudeau's election promise. Green infrastructure.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #943  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:32 PM
drew's Avatar
drew drew is offline
the first stamp is free
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hippyville, Winnipeg
Posts: 6,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
Maybe that's a way of getting some additional government support. I wouldn't be surprised to see some Federal money start to appear, supporting 'green' projects.
Could be. Basically LEED is currently only gone after on government funded projects. But really, it's just a lot of money for a plaque at the front entrance of a building.

LEED is so 2010. No one cares anymore.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #944  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:33 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,839
Despite not being extremely tall, the office tower looks huge in terms of overall floor space.

I don't get what the exterior is supposed to be... looks almost like frosted glazing or some such?

So it appears that south hotel tower is condo... will that be the forever unbuilt phase of the project?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #945  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:33 PM
TimeFadesAway TimeFadesAway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
So what exactly are the 4 buildings for? The easternmost one on Hargrave appears to be office space, the northernmost one on Carlton appears to be the Sutton Place. What is the building at Carlton and St. Mary? What is the one that runs along Graham?
Carlton and St. Mary is the residential tower, as is the one along Graham.

A quick perusal of the website shows an opening target only listed for the office tower on Hargrave of 2018. No target for the rest.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #946  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:34 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,839
Now more than ever I wish CTV would fill in that godawful 1st level parking at Graham and Carlton...
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #947  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:35 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
Carlton and St. Mary is the residential tower, as is the one along Graham.

A quick perusal of the website shows an opening target only listed for the office tower on Hargrave of 2018. No target for the rest.
Oh oh...

I'd imagine that the hotel must be a go, at the very least? The condo towers must be a little iffy... surely both will not be built from the get-go?

Is the tower on Graham totally residential? If so, that could make it a bit of a longshot... this project would be half assed to the max if both of the towers on the former parking lot site don't get built.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #948  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:38 PM
cheswick's Avatar
cheswick cheswick is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South Kildonan
Posts: 2,290
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Oh oh...

I'd imagine that the hotel must be a go, at the very least? The condo towers must be a little iffy... surely both will not be built from the get-go?

Is the tower on Graham totally residential? If so, that could make it a bit of a longshot... this project would be half assed to the max if both of the towers on the former parking lot site don't get built.
Graham tower is retail, under office, under residential. The majority looks to be proposed residential. They said hopes for 2019 on that one.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #949  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:38 PM
TimeFadesAway TimeFadesAway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
So it appears that south hotel tower is condo... will that be the forever unbuilt phase of the project?
My money is on Building 2 (along Graham) as the 'missing piece.'

With a hotel partner in place and a lot of previous negative publicity around the hotel piece, I think that it pretty much has to get built, and the attached residential tower will come along with it.

The Graham residential seems a little more speculative, and there's nothing in the plan that really 'forces' it to be built.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #950  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:41 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeFadesAway View Post
My money is on Building 2 (along Graham) as the 'missing piece.'

With a hotel partner in place and a lot of previous negative publicity around the hotel piece, I think that it pretty much has to get built, and the attached residential tower will come along with it.

The Graham residential seems a little more speculative, and there's nothing in the plan that really 'forces' it to be built.
Argh. I think you're right. Given that the east office building is only half leased and the downtown condo market is probably getting stretched to the max, it does seem that the north tower on Graham could be a long way off. Which is unfortunate given that it's the tallest... even if all but that tower were built, the absence of the tallest would gnaw at me.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #951  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:44 PM
TimeFadesAway TimeFadesAway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Oh oh...

I'd imagine that the hotel must be a go, at the very least? The condo towers must be a little iffy... surely both will not be built from the get-go?

Is the tower on Graham totally residential? If so, that could make it a bit of a longshot... this project would be half assed to the max if both of the towers on the former parking lot site don't get built.
Looking at the excavation pictures, it looks like they may be footing the building at the same time as it's neighbour.

I can't see both condo towers getting built right away, unless this development and SkyCity (if built) create some kind of critical mass that all of the sudden changes how and where a lot of Winnipeggers want to live. Though this sounds speculative or pie-in-the-sky, it's not completely out to lunch. I've certainly had a much more positive reaction from people I encounter when I talk about living downtown that what I came across when I first started talking about it and that's less than 10 years.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #952  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:44 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,876
Sutton Place residential would seem to be around 100 units (13 storeys x 8 units per floor). Not outrageous to get that one built.

The tall one seems to be the most questionable, as you guys have outlined.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #953  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:46 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,876
Right now the excavation is below tower 2, the residential/office/retail one. So it would seem either the entire site will have two underground levels for parking. Or the parkade will only be adjacent to Graham, below tower 2.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #954  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:47 PM
emeraldeyes's Avatar
emeraldeyes emeraldeyes is offline
Aspiring.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 191
CTV reporter Cheryl Holmes has tweeted that Scotiabank is retaining the offices at P&M.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #955  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:48 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Sutton Place residential would seem to be around 100 units (13 storeys x 8 units per floor). Not outrageous to get that one built.

The tall one seems to be the most questionable, as you guys have outlined.
I'd hope that the Sutton Place condo would be deferred until later as it's less critical to the whole piece. If that one were never built it wouldn't matter as much... by contrast, the Graham building is integral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
Right now the excavation is below tower 2, the residential/office/retail one. So it would seem either the entire site will have two underground levels for parking. Or the parkade will only be adjacent to Graham, below tower 2.
Yeah, so like Winnipeg Square... parking first, with building to come later. Unlike Winnipeg Square, hopefully it will actually come one day.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #956  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:49 PM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,198
Some current building specs..

Number Of Floors: 17 (Podium levels 1-3)
Total Rentable (Tower): 296,776 sf
Total Rentable (Podium): 66,100 sf
Lobby Ceiling Height: 25'
Office Ceiling Height: 9’-6” typical clear ceiling height
Stairs designed to exceed code requirements
17th Floor Sky Garden

Con't more detail:
http://www.truenorthsquare.com/wp-co...ifications.pdf
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #957  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:49 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,876
Lots of details our there today, but even more questions arise!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #958  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:51 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 25,839
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldeyes View Post
CTV reporter Cheryl Holmes has tweeted that Scotiabank is retaining the offices at P&M.
Interesting... so not unlike RBC which has offices in the RBC Tower but also across the street in 201 Portage (RBC DS, as I recall).
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #959  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:52 PM
bomberjet bomberjet is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 9,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Some current building specs..

Number Of Floors: 17 (Podium levels 1-3)
Total Rentable (Tower): 296,776 sf
Total Rentable (Podium): 66,100 sf
Lobby Ceiling Height: 25'
Office Ceiling Height: 9’-6” typical clear ceiling height
Stairs designed to exceed code requirements
17th Floor Sky Garden

Con't more detail:
http://www.truenorthsquare.com/wp-co...ifications.pdf
So that is for tower 1 I believe.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #960  
Old Posted Feb 24, 2016, 4:54 PM
Cyro's Avatar
Cyro Cyro is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 5,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
So that is for tower 1 I believe.
Yeah, it's the only building they have released details on as of this moment, I'm trying to grasp what's what at the moment..
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:27 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.