HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 13, 2017, 9:15 PM
I took a bus pic, CIRRUS

The Crestmoor attorney also is spearheading the Sloanes Lake lawsuit. Here's their appeal brief. Here's the original complaint.

"Of course you're right." Cirrus

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 1:22 AM

Now we know why the other pedestrian bridge near the 38th/Blake A-Line station has been sitting fenced off for months....

https://www.denverite.com/35th-stree...s-gives-33530/

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 2:20 AM

According to Denverite, the Natural on Platte St. will be moving this summer to allow for the construction of Platte fifteen (which now was a website).

http://www.plattefifteen.com

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 2:48 AM
Aspiring Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by trubador View Post
Just move Elitches to 61st and Pena and call it a day. Aurora will probably pay for the land and give them no taxes for 50 years.
What I heard is that Kroenke wants to move it next to the Rapids stadium in Commerce City and redevelop the current Elitch's lot downtown into the same sort of medium/high density mixed use stuff that's been popping up everywhere.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:14 AM

Normally I wouldn't feel the need to post this. However, Sloan's Lake is finally getting some townhouses that do not look completely shitty- 29Zen at 29th and Zenobia St. My only issue is that the developer is trying to call this highlands which it is clearly not.

https://www.29zen.com

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 7:23 AM
Aspiring Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post
Normally I wouldn't feel the need to post this. However, Sloan's Lake is finally getting some townhouses that do not look completely shitty- 29Zen at 29th and Zenobia St. My only issue is that the developer is trying to call this highlands which it is clearly not.
Well, 29th Ave is the dividing line between West Highlands and Sloan's Lake in the official neighborhoods, so I suppose you could go with either depending on which side of the street it's on. But what do I know! I grew up in south Denver.

That does look nice, though every time I'm come back to visit my hometown like right now, I am starting to get a little tired of all this contemporary stuff with no sense for the early American architecture around it.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 2:25 PM
Mile High Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesCO View Post
What I heard is that Kroenke wants to move it next to the Rapids stadium in Commerce City and redevelop the current Elitch's lot downtown into the same sort of medium/high density mixed use stuff that's been popping up everywhere.
Nope...not enough room. There aren't nearly as many acres around Dick's to cover a new Elitch's. I don't see how Kroenke would even consider that since they would know Commerce City has had plans they have been aggressively fighting for to make the area around Dick's Sporting Goods Park residential (it has recently received Federal approval) and a light mix of commercial.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 2:48 PM

The HUB site appears to have activity taking place on it now. Perhaps this will actually move to construction now with a different developer. Seems quick though considering it was just bought recently.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 3:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver View Post

https://www.29zen.com
Thats great. I get heartburn driving around parts of Jefferson Park and Sloans Lake. Heading up 17th from Federal makes me feel a little sick inside.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 4:44 PM

^ That's a nice looking building and looks kinda similar to projects in Midtown Sacramento.

Quote:
Thats great. I get heartburn driving around parts of Jefferson Park and Sloans Lake. Heading up 17th from Federal makes me feel a little sick inside.
I agree as a Denver native although I've been gone for just over two years now-I wonder if some of that old Jewish neigborhood is still intact in that area?

Old Posted Apr 14, 2017, 11:00 PM

A couple of new renderings of 16 Chestnut:

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 3:28 AM

My god, 16 Chestnut is hideous! What kind of early 1980's Tech Center crap is that! HUGE disappointment for that prominent site!

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 8:36 PM
Provincial Bumpkin

You mean like every other office building behind Union Station? It basically is the Tech Center. That ship sailed a decade ago.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
You mean like every other office building behind Union Station? It basically is the Tech Center. That ship sailed a decade ago.
Pretty bland. Everything down there is a stumpy box, with a smaller mechanical box on top. The condos are those block consuming ocean liners as well. Very little pizazz in the designs. Nothing special.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2017, 11:06 PM

Seems like all the cutting edge designs are happening abroad. There's just nothing in the US ,design-wise, that makes you go WOW! right now.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 12:05 AM
Reluctant Hobbesian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunt_q View Post
Wouldn't you think even longer than a decade ago? The neighborhood plan, and corresponding zoning has existed since the late 90's at least.

Or are we talking about the fancy towers plan for the station that lost out?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 3:54 AM

I had so much hope for Union Station and while the quick build-out has been pretty amazing, nothing interesting ended up being built. Not surprising for Denver.

On another note, it seems the Union Place condo website is down. Is that project dead?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 4:20 AM

It's funny moving here from Seattle and remembering the people complaining about the design of buildings there that many people here would be drooling over.... It's also funny to see the cost difference between the two cities. I feel like to be able to achieve the awesome cutting edge designs we all want comes at a price that Denver can't handle right now. Give it five to ten years and a lot more limited infill space and Denver will get the tall highrises we all want. Not a horrible design but definitely not exciting either.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverPoke View Post
I had so much hope for Union Station and while the quick build-out has been pretty amazing, nothing interesting ended up being built. Not surprising for Denver.

On another note, it seems the Union Place condo website is down. Is that project dead?
I couldn't disagree with you all more. What about: Triangle Building, A-Block, and the current apartments going up next to the light rail. Also the pedestrian experience in DUS will be second to none.

And I think Union Place condos is dead. That plan was way to ambitious for the site. Staging construction for a 12 story building there would have been a nightmare in upon itself. I do not think they wanted to compete with the loans project or Coloradoan either.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2017, 5:25 PM

Quote:
It's funny moving here from Seattle and remembering the people complaining about the design of buildings there that many people here would be drooling over.... It's also funny to see the cost difference between the two cities. I feel like to be able to achieve the awesome cutting edge designs we all want comes at a price that Denver can't handle right now. Give it five to ten years and a lot more limited infill space and Denver will get the tall highrises we all want. Not a horrible design but definitely not exciting either.
Ich has a good point and is pretty much on the money-there really isn't much spectacular desings in the US these days except in places like NYC, Miami, LA, San Fran, Dallas and perhaps Seattle. As for those new renderings above-it looks like those sharp edges are gone replaced by more of a mid 80s basic box with a slight slopped roof at the end with a few solar panels...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West