HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 6:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Yeah that would be a nice development. I also liked connecting T3/T4 behind security
Please follow the link:

https://www.phoenix.gov/cityclerksit...y%20Agenda.pdf

You can see connecting the entire T3-T4 and T3-West Terminal, as well.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2019, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Please follow the link:

Holy COW, that build out is MASSIVE

Old Posted Jun 13, 2019, 12:47 AM

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 11:50 AM

American Airlines adding 3 more nonstop destinations from Phoenix
New routes are aimed at bringing Midwesterners to the Valley of the Sun during the winter

Quote:
American Airlines, the largest airline operating at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, will add three new nonstop flights from Phoenix.

In December, American will start flying directly to Phoenix from New Orleans; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; and Wichita, Kansas. All three flights will operate daily, but only on a seasonal basis.

All three of the new flights will debut on Dec. 18. The New Orleans and Cedar Rapids routes will go through April 6, while the Wichita flight will operate until May 6.

The flights to Wichita and Cedar Rapids will be conducted on a Bombardier CRJ-900 jet, which has between 76 and 79 seats, including nine to 12 first-class seats. The New Orleans flight will use a 128 seat-Airbus A319.

American (Nasdaq: AAL) will start selling seats for those flights on July 1.

These new flights go along with American’s latest strategy at Sky Harbor, which is treating Phoenix as a destination, as well as being a hub.

Adding the seasonal flights from the Midwest is expected to lure more tourists to Arizona seeking to escape the winter weather, while American is also testing out if Arizonans might want to visit New Orleans for the Louisiana city’s storied Mardi Gras celebrations in early 2020.
https://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/..._news_headline

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 11:52 AM

Frontier adds $29 flights from Phoenix Sky Harbor to Las Vegas

Quote:
PHOENIX — Frontier Airlines just announced new $29 flights from Sky Harbor Airport to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas.

The $29 flights will be every Tuesday and Wednesday starting on September 6, 2019, according to Frontier.

If you're part of Frontier's "Deal Den," that price drops to $24.

The route will also be available on other days of the week, but vary in price. Ones we found from a quick search ranged from $34 to $44.
https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...r-to-las-vegas

Old Posted Jun 26, 2019, 4:25 PM
E pluribus unum

I remember when Southwest had $29 flights from the LA-area airports (LAX, SNA, ONT, BUR) to Phoenix. Super convenient for weekend trips back to Arizona when I was in college in Orange County back in the early 2000's.

The problem with ultra-low cost airlines like Frontier and Allegiant are that while the flights themselves are cheap, you end up paying more for overhead storage, seat assignments and, I suspect in the future, trips to the restroom (Ryanair tried that about a decade ago...). And the legacy carriers are even getting in on that with basic economy as opposed to economy.

I just booked a flight from Flagstaff to Cincinnati (layovers in Denver) on United in November. Basic economy (overhead storage, seat assignment) round trip fare was $244, whereas regular economy was $314. I sprung for the economy fare.

At least with the $29 one-ways on Southwest, you weren't charged to store your luggage in an overhead bin and checked baggage was included with your fare. Then again, Southwest still uses a cattle call system...

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 6:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azliam View Post
Frontier adds $29 flights from Phoenix Sky Harbor to Las Vegas

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-ph...r-to-las-vegas
I won't fly on Frontier either. Avoid at all the costs! I prefer to fly on American Airlines or JetSuiteX.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 3:48 PM
Modulator

Quote:
I won't fly on Frontier either. Avoid at all the costs! I prefer to fly on American Airlines or JetSuiteX.
I've had nothing but good experiences with Frontier. Why the animosity towards them?

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
I've had nothing but good experiences with Frontier. Why the animosity towards them?
Because they charge you a seat, carryon, and etc. Better off not to fly on Frontier Airlines. Avoid Frontier!

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 11:16 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Because they charge you a seat, carryon, and etc. Better off not to fly on Frontier Airlines. Avoid Frontier!
You can let them do a random seat assignment free of charge. Might not be good for families or a really long flight across country, but for 1 person such as me, works really well as I really don't care where I'm seated...especially if it were a short flight to Vegas for $29.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2019, 8:55 PM

Frontier Airlines announced 4 new routes from PHX to FAR, SAN, SLC, and DTW.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/trav...it/1735827001/

Old Posted Jul 22, 2019, 8:47 PM

Hi all,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaYf...ature=youtu.be

A new animation showing the new T4 concourse along with the new walkway and security checkpoint has been released. What do you think?

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

A new animation showing the new T4 concourse along with the new walkway and security checkpoint has been released. What do you think?
Pretty nice - however, that's a LONG walk - no moving walkway like on the north side?

Speaking of the north side - would love to see them renovate and modernize that as well. Just not enough seating with the # of flights American run through there. I've heard the south side is just as bad...

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks for posting this. I've driven next to the the concourse a few times the last couple weeks-and for those who aren't aware, the groundbreaking has already started.

I think it looks great. I love the terrazzo flooring Sky Harbor has gone with the last few years.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 7:58 PM

Airlines are adding flights to sky harbor like crazy. Good sign for our regional economy

Quote:
American Airlines, the largest carrier operating at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport, is adding four more flights to the Valley this winter.

Starting Dec. 18, American (Nasdaq: AAL) will launch service between Sky Harbor and Fort Lauderdale International Airport in Florida; Colorado Springs Airport; Hector International Airport in Fargo, North Dakota; and Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport.

These flights will operate daily, but only from Dec. 18 to April 6.

Phoenix has long served as a hub for American Airlines, but in recent years the carrier has treated it as more of a final destination than a connector airport.

“We’re the biggest airline in Phoenix and will continue to grow, especially during the peak winter when customers want to visit the most,” Vasu Raja, American’s vice president of network and schedule planning, said in a statement. “We’re looking forward to providing even more choices for our customers with new routes and increased service to key markets in California and the East Coast alike.”

The Colorado Springs, Fargo and Cincinnati flights will be flown on an Airbus A319 jet, which has 128 seats and three service classes. The Fort Lauderdale route will be serviced with an Airbus A321, which can seat more than 180 people. Bookings for these flights begin July 29.

American recently announced a number of new routes to Phoenix, including from Chihuahua, Mexico; Rapid City, South Dakota; Wichita, Kansas; and New Orleans. The airline is looking to add even more service to Phoenix.

In a press statement, American said it has plans to increase flying in eight cities this winter from Phoenix, including Las Vegas, Burbank and San Diego.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2019, 9:30 PM

Quote:
Yes, I did! I saw 777-200ER aircraft by last week. I visited other entire concourse to see any aircraft incoming from overseas flight. When I flew out from PHX. I flew to LAS to see my sister for a few days.
How's your sister doing? If you're the airline geek, what is she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azliam View Post
I will miss the 747 too. I have some good and not so great trip memories about them.
Dang, that was nearly book worthy amazing.

Quote:
Please follow the link:

That addressed something I was going to bring up: FAA's requirement to update master plans every "few" years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
Holy COW, that build out is MASSIVE
Quite impressive for sure.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
How's your sister doing? If you're the airline geek, what is she?
She is doing great. She lived in Las Vegas.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 2:23 AM
E pluribus unum

Wondering if that seasonal nonstop from CVG to PHX is an effort to try and get Cincinnatians to visit during Spring Training.

In the past, Delta has operated nonstops between CVG and PHX and Allegiant flies nonstop to CVG out of AZA on Fridays and Mondays.

Completely unrelated note, the Reds have no business holding Spring Training in Arizona and are routinely ranked last in Cactus League attendance. They should have never left the Grapefruit League.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2019, 6:38 PM

Cincy no business in Cactus League?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Native 001 View Post
Wondering if that seasonal nonstop from CVG to PHX is an effort to try and get Cincinnatians to visit during Spring Training.

In the past, Delta has operated nonstops between CVG and PHX and Allegiant flies nonstop to CVG out of AZA on Fridays and Mondays.

Completely unrelated note, the Reds have no business holding Spring Training in Arizona and are routinely ranked last in Cactus League attendance. They should have never left the Grapefruit League.
What do you base that on? Their team has been weak for years and the economy in Ohio is one of the worst in the U.S. You can't compare back when the team was doing better and back when their economy was rolling as to what the status is of the those two pertinent stats are on their Cactus League Attendance now. In addition American Airlines isn't running some charity for the Cactus League. Flying to Cincy seasonally is strictly a business decision IMO.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2019, 6:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixwillrise View Post
What do you base that on? Their team has been weak for years and the economy in Ohio is one of the worst in the U.S. You can't compare back when the team was doing better and back when their economy was rolling as to what the status is of the those two pertinent stats are on their Cactus League Attendance now. In addition American Airlines isn't running some charity for the Cactus League. Flying to Cincy seasonally is strictly a business decision IMO.
Yes, they did. They has struggling and they didn't win a game at all. I think Cincinnati Reds manager has to go now. They didn't do good job.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest