HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 4:38 PM
BANNED

As noted, even at 1,486', this would either be the tallest or the second tallest city in virtually any city in the world. NY is clearly the world leader for supertalls.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 4:10 PM
New Yorker for life

A little more info....

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 4:18 PM
BANNED

Since Blackstone won't occupy 350 Park, I hope that it anchors this iconic masterpiece.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 4:44 PM
New Yorker for life

A little bit on the hotel...

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 4:58 PM

I hope for 1,642 height, but from the drawing I noticed that the tower is 1,580 ft high. Not bad...

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 5:10 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky88 View Post
I hope for 1,642 height, but from the drawing I noticed that the tower is 1,580 ft high. Not bad...
There really isn’t a final height for the tower. The design hasn’t been finalized, but it is at least 3 ft shorter than the original figure, which tells me they know where they are going with it. Don’t get too wrapped up in numbers at this point, other than general size.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 6:18 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMKeynes View Post
Since Blackstone won't occupy 350 Park, I hope that it anchors this iconic masterpiece.
I hope it gets an anchor. I don't care what sign hangs in the lobby as long as it gets this gorgeous thing built. Unless it's News Corp, I think I'd have to draw the line there.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 6:42 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
I hope it gets an anchor. I don't care what sign hangs in the lobby as long as it gets this gorgeous thing built. Unless it's News Corp, I think I'd have to draw the line there.
Blackstone is the most likely candidate though since they're looking for over 1m sf space, and they're not going to 350 Park.

Morgan Stanley still seeks a new HQ as well.

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 7:02 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Wow, the building looks a little slimmer than before and some minor changes. One question though, is the glass panels going to be blue or grayish?

Old Posted May 12, 2021, 8:06 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raysiri View Post
Wow, the building looks a little slimmer than before and some minor changes. One question though, is the glass panels going to be blue or grayish?
The eastern and western profiles of the tower have always been slimmer.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 3:13 AM
New Yorker for life

The giants of the skyline...

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 4:53 PM

You know. I think this would look better replacing Met Life for some reason. Either way it looks better from the East and West. It needs to go up one more tier I feel. Oh well at least the base and the top look boss.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 5:44 PM
New Yorker for life

What I’m looking forward to are the details of the mechanical floors, how that blends with the rest of the building.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 7:38 PM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyHigher View Post
You know. I think this would look better replacing Met Life for some reason. Either way it looks better from the East and West. It needs to go up one more tier I feel. Oh well at least the base and the top look boss.
I have hoped for a long time.. and will continue to hope, no matter how ridiculous my hope is.. that some glorious day metlife will be replaced by something in the 800 meter range. Maybe even a new world's tallest

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 7:50 PM
Meh

Man, this thing is beautiful. I do feel like the facade needs more work. I'd like to see more of that crown detail carried throughout the rest of the facade. The contrast is good and I do like it, but it's a bit dull compared to the crown and base. Maybe what I'm really wanting to see is more detail on those setbacks similar to the crown detail.

This building is really beautiful, though, and this one along with One Vanderbilt really are two of the best looking buildings to go up in New York in some time. I've always had reservations about big towers casting shadows on the Empire State Building and Chrysler Building, but I think this design is worthy of that.

I also really like 270 Park Avenue. The design is simple, but I have a feeling it's going to be a stunner, too.

Thou shall not indict

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; May 15, 2021 at 1:31 AM.

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 9:00 PM
Show me the blueprints

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbermingham123 View Post
I have hoped for a long time.. and will continue to hope, no matter how ridiculous my hope is.. that some glorious day metlife will be replaced by something in the 800 meter range. Maybe even a new world's tallest
Well keep dreaming then. Pan Am is kind of an important midcentury building in case you hadn't noticed and no one is ever going to seriously propose it's destruction.

If someone proposed an upgrade to its facade materials --- something that would make it look better than what was even possible before --- I'd be game for that though.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 10:01 PM
I like Skyscrapers 🏙

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busy Bee View Post
Well keep dreaming then. Pan Am is kind of an important midcentury building in case you hadn't noticed and no one is ever going to seriously propose it's destruction.

If someone proposed an upgrade to its facade materials --- something that would make it look better than what was even possible before --- I'd be game for that though.
Yeah. What you said reminds me the fictional demolition of this building converting it into Stark Tower. Lol

Old Posted May 13, 2021, 10:24 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Man, this thing beautiful. I do feel like the facade needs more work. I'd like to see more of that crown detail carried throughout the rest of the facade. The contrast is good and I do like it, but it's a bit dull compared to the crown and base. Maybe what I'm really wanting to see is more detail on those setbacks similar to the crown detail.
I think what we’ve seen so far is just the badic concept of the tower. The finer details will be worked out for what I think will be the best criwn in the entire city. We still don’t know a lot of the facade details, tyoes of glass, besides it being transparent at the base. I’m looking forward to all of this being fleshed out in more detail.

When this rises though, we’ll be rewarded early with the base.

They do mention that the top 60 ft or so of the crown will be open air...

Last edited by NYguy; May 13, 2021 at 10:36 PM.

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 2:45 AM
New Yorker for life

We'll get a great view of this tower rising from Vanderbilt (and from Chrysler)...

https://twitter.com/gregmocker/statu...436224/photo/1

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 4:06 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

having trouble imagining what the combined office/hotel floors would be like or why they would do that ...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals