HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Nov 14, 2021, 3:25 PM
Illstrator / Editor

Smile What makes you interested in skyscraper Drawing?

To answer this, I first have to say why I became interested in skyscrapers.

My father liked watching movies, and due to my father's influence, I have also watched numerous movies since I was young.
Among them, the movie that influenced me a lot was the SF movie "The Fifth Element."

Since I watched the movie, I have become interested in SF movies. The decisive thing is, when I was seven years old, in 2000, there was a section about skyscrapers, in a boy magazine that I subscribed to.

Like this website, the magazine had a neat list of high-rise building rankings, and I was fascinated by it.

Since I grew up watching numerous movies since I was young, I needed something to express my imagination. I started drawing.
My dream was to draw steadily and become a cartoonist at the age of 12.

When I was 15, I met a friend. He was very interested in skyscrapers like me, and likewise, he liked to draw. (He is currently on skyscraperpage.com under the nickname Changmo.) We got close very quickly, and that's when I started drawing skyscrapers.

When I was 16 years old in 2009, I got to know skyscraperpage.com. And for the first time, I submitted a diagram.
At that time, I was a high school student and my painting skills were poor. I drew a small number of diagrams for about two years.
My original area was drawing characters and manga, not skyscrapers.

After that, he became an adult and went to art college, and served in the army for two years on the way. After that, he returned in 2016 and built up his skills by drawing diagrams for a year.

While working and building a career, I returned to the diagram in 2020 after a long time. (And Changmo, who was drawing a diagram with me, also persuaded me to return to drawing.)

What's your case?

These days, I started a YouTube channel with my wife.

After work, I edit videos to post on YouTube, so I haven't been able to draw a diagram these days, but my favorite hobby is drawing a diagram.
I want to draw a diagram whenever I have time.

My English relied on a translator.
Even if the grammar is weird, please be generous.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2021, 8:58 PM

I got this "World Atlas for Children" in the mid 1990s, which had a hand drawn diagram of the the tallest buildings in the world. I think it included the Petronas Towers despite those not being finished yet, as of that time.

As in me being interested in drawig my own diagrams, it probably started with "SCURK". A program which let you draw you own buildings for Sim City 2000.
Some time later I discovered SkyscraperPage (it was before 9/11) and inspired by that I started to draw my own diagrams. Quite sporadically.

It wasn't until a decade later that I started making drawings of real buildings and upload them. This was about 2010, one year after I graduated and got myself a job.
From then on I draw quite often.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams