HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 10:03 PM

hollywoodHUB | 120' | 12 floors | Proposed

I saw on the affordable housing thread that this project has been funded.

Quote:

BRIDGE Housing will develop hollywoodHUB to add 199 units of affordable, transit-oriented housing for families and individuals in the Hollywood neighborhood.

The hollywoodHUB is BRIDGE Housing’s upcoming new construction project located on the southern and western portion of the Hollywood Transit Center. This 13-story building will provide 199 affordable housing units (plus 2 managers’ units) and a range of amenities including a rooftop terrace, community room, private meeting space, bike parking, courtyard, and approximately 40 parking spaces. A majority of the affordable units (129 out of 199) will be family-sized with two and three bedrooms, with 36 of the family units supported by Project Based Section 8 vouchers. Hacienda CDC, a culturally specific organization, will provide resident services and coordinate partnerships with Portland Opportunities Industrialization Center (POIC), Immigrant and Refugee Community Organization (IRCO), Urban Gleaners and others to support youth and families onsite.

The Tri-Met owned site is walkable to numerous retail stores and offices, a 24-Hour Fitness next door, medical and dental offices, Providence Hospital, a post office, the Hollywood Library, Grant Park, the Hollywood Senior Center, the Northeast Community Center, and neighborhood schools. Three major grocery stores are located within a ¼ mile of the site, and tenants will have convenient access to TriMet MAX and bus lines providing transit coverage across the Portland region.
Additional details:

https://www.portland.gov/phb/construction/hollywoodhub

Last edited by MarkDaMan; Oct 20, 2021 at 10:44 PM.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
I saw this on the affordable housing thread that this project has been funded.

Additional details:

https://www.portland.gov/phb/construction/hollywoodhub
Much needed housing and will be a great addition to Hollywood.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 10:40 PM
BANNED

Now imagine what they can do to gateway transit center with all the open land they have there

Old Posted Oct 20, 2021, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Now imagine what they can do to gateway transit center with all the open land they have there
There is sooooo much potential for development there.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
https://trimet.org/hollywood/

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 7:06 PM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric cantona View Post
This should be going on with buildings this size at every light rail stop.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2021, 9:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
There is sooooo much potential for development there.
Dude, unbelievable amount of potential.

Quite frankly it’s completely baffling there hasn’t been big development there.

Think about it, you got literally every single recipe we were told spurs major development. Huge grocery store, major transit center to every direction, airport not far, lloyd district/downtown only 6-7 stops away, etc

Homer Williams and company should have scooped up the land around the transit center before David Douglas did. They are literally just letting it rot away

Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 6:19 PM

Design Advice Request and Pre-Application Conference scheduled (via Portland maps):

Quote:
Proposal to construct approximately 200 units of affordable housing in a transit-oriented development. Proposed Type I building is 13-stories, approximately 211,000gsf, and no greater than 120 ft in height. Approximately 40 spaces of on-site parking is proposed, along with a TriMet bike hub and bike parking for residents. Stormwater will be managed according to the BES Stormwater Manual.

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Nov 22, 2021, 11:53 PM

Old Posted Nov 29, 2021, 12:37 AM
BANNED

Nice

Old Posted Dec 1, 2021, 7:40 PM

Drawings [10 MB]

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 3:57 AM

The pedestrian switchbacks on this proposal are absurd. How to do they expect people with bikes to go down those. It's also super unfortunate that parking and storage dominates the ground level. Why not have retail facing Halsey on the western point? I understand "phase 2" bookends this in, but where are the buses going to go? Seems like its not fully transit oriented if it essentially eliminates buses and makes you carry your bike down 10 switchbacks...

Old Posted Dec 2, 2021, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxsg34 View Post
The pedestrian switchbacks on this proposal are absurd. How to do they expect people with bikes to go down those. It's also super unfortunate that parking and storage dominates the ground level. Why not have retail facing Halsey on the western point? I understand "phase 2" bookends this in, but where are the buses going to go? Seems like its not fully transit oriented if it essentially eliminates buses and makes you carry your bike down 10 switchbacks...
The design of the access from Halsey to the ped bridge is an entirely separate project. The Holst team is only designing the housing piece. The team that won that project should be under contract soon and will produce the final design.

I would also add that there is a shit-ton of grade to make up in that space, so there will need to be a lot of ramps. One question I'm curious about is how to make is so peds and bikes don't get in each other's way in such a tight space.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 12:44 AM

DAR #1 summary memo

Old Posted May 24, 2022, 11:37 PM

Via Portland Maps, the project is going in for another Design Advice Request:

Quote:
Proposal to construct a transit-oriented development including approximately 234 units of affordable housing, central shared courtyard and public infrastructure improvements to the adjacent vacated 42nd Ave and Halsey St frontage. Proposed Building will be Type I construction, 12-stories, approximately 240,000 GSF, and no greater than 120 ft in height. Approximately 40 spaces of on-site parking are proposed, along with a TriMet bike hub and bike parking for residents. Stormwater will be managed according to the BES Stormwater Manual. The infrastructure project will include a new ramp and stair connecting to the I-84 pedestrian bridge and Hollywood MAX station, bike connection to the future Sullivan's Gulch Trail, public plaza/paseo, re-designed bus facilities along NE Halsey St and utility upgrades.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 4:20 PM

Design Advice Request Posting Notice

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Design Advice Request Posting Notice
Interesting, on page 3 it mentions the "Future Sullivan's Gulch Trail". Is that still a thing?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 6:34 PM

Really like the idea of extending the transit station ramp/stair towards 42nd Ave. It would be great if the building tied into it better. Maybe with a connecting courtyard or a retail space at one of the landings.

The parking entrance is a bummer tho

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 8:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDaMan View Post
Interesting, on page 3 it mentions the "Future Sullivan's Gulch Trail". Is that still a thing?
Not really, but connections to the trail from Hollywood TC are in the zoning code.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2022, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
Not really, but connections to the trail from Hollywood TC are in the zoning code.
the last time I heard anything about the Sullivan's Gulch Trail was pre-pandemic, but it was very much still an aspirational (but unfunded) project in Metro's eyes.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland