HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Jul 26, 2016, 2:12 PM

How to spend 48 hours in Hamilton

How to spend 48 hours in Hamilton

Posted by Liora Ipsum / JULY 22, 2016 Freshdaily blogTO

Freshdaily is Canada's source for hyper-local arts, music, film, fashion, food and news coverage.

Hamilton is only about an hour away from Toronto, making it an ideal weekend getaway. Although you may need a reintroduction if you haven't been to Steeltown in recent years. The city is slowly shedding its blue collar reputation and embracing an influx of creatives, artisans and foodies.

The landscape downtown is populated with indie coffee shops, restaurants, bars and brewpubs while the outskirts boast numerous geological attractions in the surrounding Niagara Escarpment.

Here's how to spend 48 hours in Hamilton

http://www.blogto.com/city/2016/07/h...s_in_hamilton/

Old Posted Jul 27, 2016, 8:06 AM

Tis a shame that the triple X cinemas with three delightful floors of neon radiating lights flashing on King street close to James were closed, some could double that 48hrs easy. Hah but seriously, that place was an eyesore. Thank goodness it is gone.
And on another serious note, Hamilton certainly has vast areas of nature that I'm sure could take quite a while to enjoy for the those interested in that side of things. Perhaps beginning at the RBG Rock Garden which has recently undergone a huge transformation and is really quite stunning.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2017, 8:15 PM
Hamilton Historian

as an artist I find the food places popping up are too expensive for too little food, esp. on king william st, (40 bucks for what classifies as an appetizer, a regular drink and a dessert? Come on) and that there are too many artists in the city and not enough people willing to lay down big prices to buy art. It's one reason I branched out into toronto as well to showcase my work.

As for good things to do in the city - you can basically hike for miles and miles all over the place if you know all the right paths - hamilton is wonderful for its natural beauty

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues