HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Nov 23, 2022, 11:56 AM
Keith C.

Lenox Mall Buckhead Atlanta, GA on a Sunny November Day 2022

Old Posted Dec 14, 2022, 6:21 PM

Plans filed for new 21 story apartment proposal

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-buckhead.html
Quote:

Tidal Real Estate Partners LP, a new-to-market firm with holdings in New York and Savannah, Georgia, is seeking to build a 414-unit tower where Aura Bar & Lounge now sits, according to a Dec. 4 rezoning application submitted to the city, which is pending approval. December 2025 is the target for completion.

The Pharr Road project is the newest apartment tower to be proposed in the district and the latest to satisfy the city of Atlanta’s shortage of rental housing. As of the third quarter of this year, apartments in Buckhead had a 3% vacancy rate, according to data from real estate firm Haddow & Co. Developers added around 685 new units to the district between the third quarter of last year and this year.

Tidal is pricing a one-bedroom unit at $2,800 per month for a one-bedroom unit, a two-bedroom unit at $4,000 and a three-bedroom unit at $5,200, according to the application. The tower will include 270 one-bedroom units, 126 two-bedrooms and 18 three-bedrooms.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2022, 6:35 PM

^$2,800 per month for a one-bedroom?
Are Buckhead prices really that much higher than Midtown?

Old Posted Dec 14, 2022, 9:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
^$2,800 per month for a one-bedroom?
Are Buckhead prices really that much higher than Midtown?
lol nope! They're lower

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 12:12 AM

I personally don't know of many 1bds even in Midtown starting at $3,000/month.

$2,800/month for a one bedroom has to be one of the highest rents in the city period.

After a quick search, the only 1 bd above 3k/month I see is 99 West Paces.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 1:03 PM

I did a quick check and Modera Midtown has 1bd under $2K, MAA Midtown at $2210-$2400, MAA Parkside $2100-$2240, Nine15 Midtown for $2196-$2858, and the brand new 903 Peachtree has small ones for $1900 and larger ones for $2200-$2700. Those are higher than I thought, but still cheaper that the $2800 for Buckhead. I remember paying $1500 for a 2-bedroom in Midtown if that ages me.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 1:35 PM

Quote:
I did a quick check and Modera Midtown has 1bd under $2K, MAA Midtown at $2210-$2400, MAA Parkside $2100-$2240, Nine15 Midtown for $2196-$2858, and the brand new 903 Peachtree has small ones for $1900 and larger ones for $2200-$2700. Those are higher than I thought, but still cheaper that the $2800 for Buckhead. I remember paying $1500 for a 2-bedroom in Midtown if that ages me.
My girlfriend’s rent in Jersey city went up $1600/mo to $4600/mo for a 800sq ft 1 bedroom. She moved into a studio to save money, but is still paying $3600/mo. Inflation is real, and it is everywhere.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 4:00 PM

Wow. I think your gf in JC is just being price gouged. Rents are moderating or falling in NYC. I live in a 2 BR in Astoria that’s $2500/mo and that seems to be about average for my area.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 6:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg View Post
Wow. I think your gf in JC is just being price gouged. Rents are moderating or falling in NYC. I live in a 2 BR in Astoria that’s $2500/mo and that seems to be about average for my area.
What are avg Manhattan rents for a 1 BR right now? $3000?

Old Posted Dec 15, 2022, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpk1292000 View Post
What are avg Manhattan rents for a 1 BR right now? $3000?
Depends if it is a walk up or elevator building. The elevator buildings have studios for $3000 and over $4000 for 1bd. Walk up buildings are $500 to $1000 cheaper. Of course what neighborhood you are in makes a huge difference

Old Posted Jan 30, 2023, 3:28 PM

New Buckhead Village development at 321 Pharr Road

Old Posted Jan 30, 2023, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
One can only hope that this tower will not spell the end of Anis Bistro and Basils and the other small shops down Grandview that have such interesting history and character. These small side streets in Buckhead are rather attractive, it would be a pity to see these small shops and houses disappear. I have no objections to the towers staying on the wide main street like Pfarr Rd.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 2:00 PM

Midtown Alliance held nothing back in their opposition letter to Buckhead cityhood.

March 1, 2023
Re: Opposition to SB 113 and SB 114 (Buckhead Secession)
Dear Senator:
We write in strong opposition to SB 113 and SB 114 (Buckhead Secession). Midtown Alliance is a non-profit alliance of businesses, property owners, residents, institutions of higher education and attractions in a 1.2 sq mile district in the City of Atlanta. Our organization has been in existence for 45 years working to promote economic developmentand create an exceptional urban experience. The proposed ‘City of Buckhead City’ boundary sits right against our northern boundary at the Peachtree St bridge. Currently, Midtown is home to 90,000 jobs and economic anchors including Georgia Tech, Tech Square, Emory University Hospital Midtown, and the Savannah College of Art and DesignAtlanta. In this past year alone, Midtown has seen a combined $4.6B of new development between new buildings delivered and now under construction. This success is the product of decades of hard work in partnership with the State of Georgia, City of Atlanta, universities, chambers of commerce, the private sector, non-profits and our CID. Midtown is one example of an economic success story for our capital city and our state that will be crippled if this de-annexation of Buckhead were to happen.
In addition to the serious constitutional, legal and practical flaws posed by these bills, their damaging precedent is a threat not only to the City of Atlanta but to every municipality in the State of Georgia. Most every city in Georgia has more and less affluent areas. That’s how cities work. When the affluent areas start to draw circles around themselves and say, “we want a divorce” from our city, everything is plunged into chaos, from statewide municipal finance and bonds to infrastructure to schools.
If you represented a company looking to plant its flag and invest, how would you score any capital city facing years of litigation within itself; guaranteed higher taxes; downgraded bond market ratings; increased cost of future debt and the national narrative of a State-sanctioned secession within its capital city? Companies and talent want to locate in areas that are stable and predictable. From any reasonable view, this flawed legislation is the opposite of stability and predictability.
We submit that merely advancing these deeply-flawed bills to a floor vote damages the business-friendly reputation our state has worked so hard to establish. Those celebrating the loudest will be Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, Chattanooga, Denver and many other competitor cities and states – as this legislation goes to the top of their talking points. Important voices who will be adversely impacted get no vote under the bills being advanced. Under these bills impacted businesses get no say, nor do local-elected officials,
nor do citizens in the rest of the City who will see their taxes rise and their economic development prospects irreparably damaged. This would be a permanent, self-inflicted wound – but entirely avoidable. If passed, we will ALL need to turn from proactive economic development activities to damage control.
Given the tremendous implications of this legislation, we all need to engage in a rational and fact-based dialogue. This is not a time to rely on exaggeration or emotion.
For example, we continue to hear the prevailing narrative from those who want to splitapart our city that Buckhead is disproportionately impacted by violent crime, and that ‘crime in Buckhead is out of control.’ Any crime is too much crime. No one wants to be impacted by criminal activity and we all want to feel safe in our community.

Consider the following: APD’s Zone 2 is essentially the boundaries of the proposed City of Buckhead City.
• Buckhead’s Zone 2 has the least violent crime of all 6 police zones in the City.
• In 2022: Zone 2’s violent crime was 49% lower than the average of the other APD
zones, and in 2021 it was 56% lower.
• APD’s Zone 2 comprises a little more than 24% of the City of Atlanta’s current population, but 6.5% of the City of Atlanta homicides in 2022.

We are making progress. Most cities across the country have gotten safer over the last three decades, but the City of Atlanta has gotten a lot safer. Violent crime in the City of Atlanta dropped 74% from 1990 through year-end 2022, and with a lot more residents, workers and visitors added over those 3+ decades.
In conclusion, the solution to frustration with government is not creating more government. This legislation and damaging precedent is bad for all citizens in the State of Georgia. Our City of Atlanta Mayor and City Council have made strong progress in restoring trust and accountability and this important work needs to continue without distraction.

We ask that you vote “no” on SB 113 and SB 114.
Sincerely,
Kevin Green
President & CEO

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Midtown Alliance held nothing back in their opposition letter to Buckhead cityhood.

March 1, 2023
Re: Opposition to SB 113 and SB 114 (Buckhead Secession)
Dear Senator:
We write in strong opposition to SB 113 and SB 114 (Buckhead Secession). Midtown Alliance is a non-profit alliance of businesses, property owners, residents, institutions of higher education and attractions in a 1.2 sq mile district in the City of Atlanta. Our organization has been in existence for 45 years working to promote economic developmentand create an exceptional urban experience. The proposed ‘City of Buckhead City’ boundary sits right against our northern boundary at the Peachtree St bridge. Currently, Midtown is home to 90,000 jobs and economic anchors including Georgia Tech, Tech Square, Emory University Hospital Midtown, and the Savannah College of Art and DesignAtlanta. In this past year alone, Midtown has seen a combined $4.6B of new development between new buildings delivered and now under construction. This success is the product of decades of hard work in partnership with the State of Georgia, City of Atlanta, universities, chambers of commerce, the private sector, non-profits and our CID. Midtown is one example of an economic success story for our capital city and our state that will be crippled if this de-annexation of Buckhead were to happen.
In addition to the serious constitutional, legal and practical flaws posed by these bills, their damaging precedent is a threat not only to the City of Atlanta but to every municipality in the State of Georgia. Most every city in Georgia has more and less affluent areas. That’s how cities work. When the affluent areas start to draw circles around themselves and say, “we want a divorce” from our city, everything is plunged into chaos, from statewide municipal finance and bonds to infrastructure to schools.
If you represented a company looking to plant its flag and invest, how would you score any capital city facing years of litigation within itself; guaranteed higher taxes; downgraded bond market ratings; increased cost of future debt and the national narrative of a State-sanctioned secession within its capital city? Companies and talent want to locate in areas that are stable and predictable. From any reasonable view, this flawed legislation is the opposite of stability and predictability.
We submit that merely advancing these deeply-flawed bills to a floor vote damages the business-friendly reputation our state has worked so hard to establish. Those celebrating the loudest will be Charlotte, Houston, Dallas, Chattanooga, Denver and many other competitor cities and states – as this legislation goes to the top of their talking points. Important voices who will be adversely impacted get no vote under the bills being advanced. Under these bills impacted businesses get no say, nor do local-elected officials,
nor do citizens in the rest of the City who will see their taxes rise and their economic development prospects irreparably damaged. This would be a permanent, self-inflicted wound – but entirely avoidable. If passed, we will ALL need to turn from proactive economic development activities to damage control.
Given the tremendous implications of this legislation, we all need to engage in a rational and fact-based dialogue. This is not a time to rely on exaggeration or emotion.
For example, we continue to hear the prevailing narrative from those who want to splitapart our city that Buckhead is disproportionately impacted by violent crime, and that ‘crime in Buckhead is out of control.’ Any crime is too much crime. No one wants to be impacted by criminal activity and we all want to feel safe in our community.

Consider the following: APD’s Zone 2 is essentially the boundaries of the proposed City of Buckhead City.
• Buckhead’s Zone 2 has the least violent crime of all 6 police zones in the City.
• In 2022: Zone 2’s violent crime was 49% lower than the average of the other APD
zones, and in 2021 it was 56% lower.
• APD’s Zone 2 comprises a little more than 24% of the City of Atlanta’s current population, but 6.5% of the City of Atlanta homicides in 2022.

We are making progress. Most cities across the country have gotten safer over the last three decades, but the City of Atlanta has gotten a lot safer. Violent crime in the City of Atlanta dropped 74% from 1990 through year-end 2022, and with a lot more residents, workers and visitors added over those 3+ decades.
In conclusion, the solution to frustration with government is not creating more government. This legislation and damaging precedent is bad for all citizens in the State of Georgia. Our City of Atlanta Mayor and City Council have made strong progress in restoring trust and accountability and this important work needs to continue without distraction.

We ask that you vote “no” on SB 113 and SB 114.
Sincerely,
Kevin Green
President & CEO
Excellent, we must make sure the White Flight that happened in the 60s-70s stays in the suburbs and not inside 285 for political reasons. We all want safer streets, but it will take all of us to make streets safer and not just more police.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 7:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlwarrior View Post
Excellent, we must make sure the White Flight that happened in the 60s-70s stays in the suburbs and not inside 285 for political reasons. We all want safer streets, but it will take all of us to make streets safer and not just more police.
I love that the town Robertson represents has literally two businesses: a dollar store and a gun shop. Yeah, he probably understands everything there is to know about a large city. I'd love to see the money trail on these jokers

Old Posted Mar 3, 2023, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
I love that the town Robertson represents has literally two businesses: a dollar store and a gun shop. Yeah, he probably understands everything there is to know about a large city. I'd love to see the money trail on these jokers
Sick of these yahoos that live hundreds of miles away thinking what is right for Atlanta...

Old Posted Mar 11, 2023, 3:48 PM

Garden Hills office development

Old Posted Mar 31, 2023, 11:20 AM
Keith C.

Lindbergh Neighborhood of Atlanta, GA March 2023 in Buckhead District

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 2:26 PM

I didn't see anything about this posted yet:

https://atlanta.urbanize.city/post/a...ad-development

212 units on <1 acre. Looks like about 35-floors. Can't complain about that density.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2023, 4:58 PM
i ain't no bubba

The best thing that happened with Buckhead development this week is Bill White (from the BuckheadCity movement) tucked his tail and is running for the hills in defeat. Good riddance!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta