HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Sep 8, 2008, 2:55 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin55 View Post
though lights really should be coming from the rest of thesirport, tone planes, the ground vehicles, etc.

Yays.!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Wow, nice renders. I agree with Austin, some lights coming from the cars, planes, blah blah blah would be nice. Those renderings would look like real pictures. And I can't wait for the runway. I always have fun at the airport when the little lights are turning on and off on the runway. They just look cool. I think it's because I like shiny things but come on, who doesn't.

And photoshopping a moon would be cool too.
Thank you! Good idea on the cars and such, I shall do that. Yeah the runway should look cool, but I should warn in advance...I don't know if my computer can handle a runway with lights. I tried it a while ago, and every time I'd try to export it to Kerkythea, my computer would freeze (keep in mind I had over 1,000 lights). I mean, I suppose I could do it, but I'd have to cut down on the lights, and that may not look completely realistic.

It's worth a shot though, thanks for the ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
OMG OMG OMG!
How have i missed this thread?
I feel downright silly.

Wow you've got one serious work of art here. I love airports too, not as much as you obviously, but I seriously love every minute when i'm inside an airport.

I've only been to Sky Harbor, LAX, and Midway, and Bob Hope in Burbank, but thats not a major one hah.

LAX is amazing, although I'm biased cause I love LA.
Sky Harbor, well I dont care much for Arizona, but Sky Harbor is one lovely and clean airport with views of the mountians and downtown Phoenix.
Midway, was pretty dated, it might look good if it was 1995, but eh it was pretty creepy at 1am, but nice in the morning.

Idk why I went ranting about airports, but I'd love to hear your opinions on these airports if you've been to any of them.
Hahaha, it's all good. I personally love LAX...it's actually one of my favorite airports. It can be a bitch to connect in when you have to change terminals in a short amount of time, but when you have time to leisurely watch airplanes or go to the In-N-Out right at the end of the runway on Sepulveda, it's incredible.*

Sky Harbor I've only been to once, but I agree, it was a clean and efficient airport. Definately a good airport for geeks like me.

I haven't been to Midway, but if you were there in 1995, then I can definately see why you thought it was dated. The old terminal that you visited was completely torn down in 2000-2001 I believe, and was rebuilt with a shiny new terminal. Burbank is a fun, what I call, little big airport (small airports in big cities).

Seattle is one of the best airports for aircraft spotting, and even connecting. It's a fairly efficient airport, but they have a giant atrium with huge windows that allow for great viewing of all the runways, so there isn't a take-off or landing you can miss. I highly recommend.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!

Anthony

*Picture of me at the In-N-Out on Sepulveda:

Old Posted Sep 8, 2008, 6:21 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
Anyone? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller?

Some new night renderings:

Hope you like...

Anthony
Just so these renders could be on the new page...

Something different...I tried doing a rainy snowy blustery day...pretty pleased with the results.

Get on your coats maggots!!

Anthony

Last edited by BoiseAirport; Sep 8, 2008 at 7:22 PM.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2008, 1:48 AM
Desert Dweller

Dayyyym that airplane looks sexy in that picture with you in it, wierd how its clear and your not hah.

I meant Midway seemed like something from 1995, I was there in July.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2008, 2:14 AM
Ex Houstonian

WOW, those airplanes are sexy as hell. Did you make those models yourself? If not, where can I get them, lol. Thanks

Old Posted Sep 9, 2008, 2:39 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Dayyyym that airplane looks sexy in that picture with you in it, wierd how its clear and your not hah.

I meant Midway seemed like something from 1995, I was there in July.
Oh, hahaha, well, I hadn't been to Midway and I was just getting that from info online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
WOW, those airplanes are sexy as hell. Did you make those models yourself? If not, where can I get them, lol. Thanks
Well, I got the actual aircraft from 3D Warehouse, but they weren't in the airline colors I needed them, and so all of them I painted myself. REALLY tedious, but after about a year I was able to get everything I needed. I don't really want to upload them to 3D Warehouse because I don't want people stealing them.

Anthony

Old Posted Sep 9, 2008, 3:40 AM
Desert Dweller

I forgot to mention, Midway has ana amazing view of Downtown when flying in at the right angle! I remember leaving Chicago, we where flying away west, but you could still see the city get farther and farther away, AMAZING.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2008, 11:50 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Well folks...strangely enough, for the most part I think I'm done with this airport. I haven't really found the motivation or reason to continue because I think I've reached the limits of my computer, and I built just about everything I wanted to build. I must say, I think this is the first totally completed Sketchup model I've ever made, and I'm satisfied with the result.

Thank you guys so much for your input that helped shape this airport, and if there is any kind of renderings you guys want to see, I'll be more than happy to provide. Thanks again.

Now it's onto my next airport project! More to come...

Anthony

Old Posted Sep 22, 2008, 1:16 AM

Well Congratulations!
I might like to give you an airport hilton for you to add, but I'm not really touching SU....

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup