HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Sky21 View Post
What is the new base of Chase supposed to look like? Any major changes?
pretty sure they are just doing maintenance, they did this already on the north side of the building and no noticeable difference occurred

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the urban politician View Post
^ Not bad. The first one is replacing a small store set back behind parking—definitely a huge improvement.

Really like that second one. I hope it’s replacing that vacant lot
I saw the old convenience store getting wrecked last week while biking up Lincoln. Happy to see a decent replacement

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
Lincoln and Schubert
10 units + retail

This is being built by Environs Development, they do fantastic work. I expect this to turn out really nicely.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2018, 10:12 PM
Adoptive Chicagoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
But how much to restore versus replace?
The door in use currently is a converted vintage interior pocket door. It's lasted 40 years with occasional work, but 40 Chicago winters for a door never designed to experience any is already pretty remarkable. What really did it in, is that it got kicked in during the Cubs World Series victory. Gotta love sports fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoboZill4 View Post
Yeah... it seemed to imply that tech companies were most likely to move in, so much for mixed use
It already is mixed use, with the exception of residential. There's office, restaurant, other shops, and at least three hotels on LaSalle between Madison and Jackson
[/SIZE]

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 9:40 PM

Nobu Hotel

Mille

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 1:47 AM

X Chicago - 710 W 14th

Oct 14 (OHC)

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 2:02 PM

1700 bucks a month for a 1 bedroom overlooking the permajammed Dan Ryan? Where do I sign up? 5 Grand for a 4br/4ba? omg lol

I mean I guess its built for college students but damn that's still crazy expensive

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 2:11 PM

Quote:
^ Not bad. The first one is replacing a small store set back behind parking—definitely a huge improvement.

Really like that second one. I hope it’s replacing that vacant lot
Now we just need to get ride of the abandoned gas station ...

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 4:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near North Resident View Post
1700 bucks a month for a 1 bedroom overlooking the permajammed Dan Ryan? Where do I sign up? 5 Grand for a 4br/4ba? omg lol

I mean I guess its built for college students but damn that's still crazy expensive
Just tack it on the student loan and act shocked and confused later by how the loan balance got so high.....

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 5:56 PM
The City

Saw this little snippet in Bisnow:

Quote:
LG Development Group purchased a 35K SF industrial building at 1214-30 West Jackson Blvd. in the West Loop for $5.4M. The property housed FredEric’s Frame Studio but will be demolished and replaced by a 10-story, 166-unit apartment building. Jameson Commercial represented the seller, Fred Baker Trust. There was no broker for the buyer.
Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/chicago/news/...medium=Browser

Anybody know more about this? Hate to see the demo, but at least there is a substantial boost in density. Is the parking lot going to go as well?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 5:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Near North Resident View Post
pretty sure they are just doing maintenance, they did this already on the north side of the building and no noticeable difference occurred
Correct- There was major water damage from years of water rolling down the building onto those bronze cladded window frames. They were actually at risk of breaking it was so bad. They are replacing the all frames, windows, and bronze. I believe it will be complete in the spring.

There is still talk about renovating the plaza- TBD as to what it will be since its public space.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 6:02 PM
The City

Quote:
Saw this little snippet in Bisnow:

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/chicago/news/...medium=Browser

Anybody know more about this? Hate to see the demo, but at least there is a substantial boost in density. Is the parking lot going to go as well?
More info on this project here, with a tiny rendering:

http://neighborsofwestloop.com/2017/...g-development/

166 units with 33 parking, and retail.

Not bad. Of course, the fuckface brigade (NoWL) complained, as usual, about traffic and lack of parking.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 7:00 PM

Quote:
More info on this project here, with a tiny rendering:

http://neighborsofwestloop.com/2017/...g-development/
Better image (edit: dang that's big!)

via Curbed

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 7:50 PM
The City

^ Thanks!

Not a bad addition, love the low parking.

But you have to wonder how much better it would be if they rehabbed the building they are going to demolish and simply built a taller structure on that parking lot.

Of course, if the fuckface brigade (NoWL) were less focused on traffic and parking and actually diverted their asshat energy towards things like this, that could've possibly been an outcome here.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Of course, the fuckface brigade (NoWL) complained, as usual, about traffic and lack of parking.
That made my head hurt. So the same deranged knuckleheads who complain about traffic think there should be MORE parking. Do these boobs complain about traffic when a restaurant opens up in the neighborhood? How much traffic can 33 cars a day generate?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2018, 10:44 PM

GEMS

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 1:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lurker View Post
That made my head hurt. So the same deranged knuckleheads who complain about traffic think there should be MORE parking. Do these boobs complain about traffic when a restaurant opens up in the neighborhood? How much traffic can 33 cars a day generate?
Negligible... I don't even understand their argument. Why would more parking be good when they want less traffic? I'm so confused. Why are NIMBYs so dumb? Or are they smarter than that, but know that the logic of their argument doesn't matter and all they have to do is complain about as many random things as possible and maybe something will stick in the Alderman's head?

I wish I could sit down with these people and ask them how they really feel

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 1:21 AM

Hilarious Neighgbors of West Loop List of Complaints....

Issue #8... CRIME! and TOD.

While this location is near a L stop, we have noticed that people do not use this L stop to the same degree as the Lake St stop due to it’s isolated location in the middle of I-290. The L stop is often desolated and feels unsafe so people do not use it, Therefore the traditional TOD logic is not applicable here as people simply do not use this L stop as much. This has been especially true since the uptick in crime with increased robberies and muggings.

TOD does not apply to this location because no one likes to use the existing train station. WTF.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilsenarch View Post
No one was more disappointed than me... not only was it an awesome series, but they used my home for filming of one of the main characters home... they filmed for a few days for the first season and came back for a few more for the second season... and get this, they paid me 12,000 a day! plus other incidentals, like putting us up in the Four Seasons if we wanted, etc...
Not to derail the thread but I've been hooked on this show since it was mentioned on this thread. Damn shame that it wasn't extended for more seasons.

Pilsenarch I'm just curious, how'd they scout the location for your house? Did they just start touring random houses in parts of town they thought would fit their vision? Neat stuff...

Old Posted Oct 18, 2018, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by west-town-brad View Post
Hilarious Neighgbors of West Loop List of Complaints....

Issue #8... CRIME! and TOD.

While this location is near a L stop, we have noticed that people do not use this L stop to the same degree as the Lake St stop due to it’s isolated location in the middle of I-290. The L stop is often desolated and feels unsafe so people do not use it, Therefore the traditional TOD logic is not applicable here as people simply do not use this L stop as much. This has been especially true since the uptick in crime with increased robberies and muggings.

TOD does not apply to this location because no one likes to use the existing train station. WTF.
Oh god, I wonder why it's not used as much as the Lake stop, hmmmm maybe there are less people and there will continue to be until more projects are built? Man, these dolts get me all wound up just thinking about how absurd their train of thought is!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development