HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 1:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykl View Post
The NAC blends well on the outside, but the inside does not flow beautifully like the original building does. And tucking the box office away in the basement is unfortunate. The little stairs at the new entrance and the second level runway creating an area with a low ceiling in a space with a huge height are both really unfortunate. Love the floor though.
I am sure tucking the box office away was quite intentional. They realized the almost no one uses the box office anymore....except to maybe pick up tickets which I am sure will be discouraged due to the pandemic. I love every aspect of the new reno. They didn't try to copy the old style but left references to the original brutalist 1960's architecture while moving towards more modern wood/metal/glass materials. And the changes on the outside leave enough of the original building intact so as to not lose the intention of the design.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa