HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 7:00 PM

I love it. Just build it as is. Great to see all the commercial developments keeping pace as the luxury residential stuff slows down a bit.

That said I am curious what the reverse wall looks like. No way they'll have a blank wall to 1400+ ft.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 7:07 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

NY's version of Sears. Oh man... I must be trippin', because was not expecting this today. Holy crap!

270 Park, and now this... and Tower Fifth making headway.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 7:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Harry Macklowe as we speak looking at the renderings of this tower that would sit very close to his own...

https://www.reddit.com/r/SkincareAdd...one_night_and/

https://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...icle-1.3900478

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 7:46 PM

The core should be sheathed in glass, too. As is, it is a giant blank wall.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 7:50 PM

Actually, why even use an exterior core? It's not as if this project is a re-use of a building with that layout (like 425 Park).

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 7:55 PM
New Yorker for life

^ I think that has more to do with maximizing the open floor space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_alex View Post
I love it. Just build it as is. Great to see all the commercial developments keeping pace as the luxury residential stuff slows down a bit.

That said I am curious what the reverse wall looks like. No way they'll have a blank wall to 1400+ ft.

One of the lower portions will have a wall with no windows due to the neighboring building...

Whether or not those views are from the amenity floors alone, I don't know. But it's good to at least see some of the other supertalls in there. You just know 270 Park will be in there. Anybody else thinks this is Foster's work?

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 8:02 PM

I would say almost certainly, whether it be because that last rendering features 270 Park in the foreground or the similarity to 425 Park's design.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 8:12 PM

Too bad about the core, but I guess that makes sense.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 8:14 PM
Mortaaaaaaaaar!

There's the similarity to 425, and also the defunct India tower proposal he did.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 8:26 PM

It's gotta be a Foster design.

By my count this is the sixth potential supertall on Park Ave.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 8:37 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scalziand View Post
There's the similarity to 425, and also the defunct India tower proposal he did.
It does. I also got a 270 Park vibe from looking at some of the floor plans.

270 Park

350 Park

425 Park

270 Park Avenue

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 8:58 PM
New Yorker for life

I really like what they've done at street level.

The top is fine as is, but just a little more of that up here would be great.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 9:17 PM

So does that mean the entire Western facade is going to be a big blank wall?!

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 9:23 PM
BANNED

I was tied up in meetings all day and just saw this.

Wow!!!

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 9:27 PM
New Yorker for life

Wow indeed. Vornado talked about this oppurtunity last year...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
Quote from Steven Roth...

Looking forward to what they come up with.

They didn't disappoint. Meanwhile, not everyone is ready to move forward on the redevelopment front...

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/real-e...-anchor-tenant

Tishman scraps redevelopment plan to hold on to anchor tenant

May 3, 2019
by Daniel Geiger

Quote:
To retain an anchor tenant, the owner of a Midtown East building has abandoned its plans to take advantage of the neighborhood's recent rezoning to redevelop the spire.

Consumer products giant Colgate-Palmolive announced today that it has renewed about 242,000 square feet at 300 Park Ave. for its global headquarters. Tishman Speyer owns the building.

Colgate-Palmolive had been leasing about 312,000 square feet at the building, according to the real estate database CoStar, for a term that stretched until 2023. The new lease extends its occupancy by at least a decade beyond that expiration point while reducing the company's footprint, a source familiar with the transaction said.
Quote:
Tishman Speyer had been inserting demolition clauses into leases it signed with tenants at the 26-story tower in recent years to allow it to push them out in case it decided to raze the 770,000-square-foot property and use the Midtown East rezoning plan to erect a bigger, state-of-the-art skyscraper in its place. After Colgate-Palmolive objected to the inclusion of such a clause, however, Tishman Speyer forfeited it in order to secure the deal.

Although Park Avenue is considered one of the city's prime corporate office corridors, several of its large tenants have departed in recent years.

The neighborhood has received strong signs of interest, including JP Morgan Chase's decision to remain and redevelop its headquarters at 270 Park Ave., but the deal with Colgate-Palmolive demonstrates how reluctant landlords are to lose additional major office users.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 9:45 PM

Hopefully Tishman Speyer will have a separate supertall proposal for 300 Park. I can see Colgate not wanting a demolition clause for now, to ensure stability in their lease.

Maybe 300 Park is for the next cycle. But 350 Park seems to be gearing up right now. And the block immediately to the south of Colgate is yet another potential redevelopment, with a possible combining of sites to form a huge footprint site.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 9:46 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
It's gotta be a Foster design.

By my count this is the sixth potential supertall on Park Ave.
Its only the beginning. What must go up, certainty does not go down in NY. Only up!

The Midtown East rezoning is going to yield a crazy amount of towers. With land prices the way they are, to meet the future projected demand, they must build up.

Midtown East and Midtown West near HY is the new frontier. It will also be interesting to see how the Penn Station District evolves. Another potential, massive frontier.

Truck yeah!

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 10:11 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Hopefully Tishman Speyer will have a separate supertall proposal for 300 Park. I can see Colgate not wanting a demolition clause for now, to ensure stability in their lease.

Maybe 300 Park is for the next cycle. But 350 Park seems to be gearing up right now. And the block immediately to the south of Colgate is yet another potential redevelopment,
with a possible combining of sites to form a huge footprint site.

Yeah, that's for something down the line, and it gives us some breathing room, with all of the new towers in the area going up.

From some of the floor plans and this graphic, we can see that the western core won't cover the entire facade...

I'm still not sure of the exact height of the spires. One graphic shows them to be above the 1,450 ft mark, while the 2nd one below with the roof height at 1,350 ft doesn't include the core shaft.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 10:42 PM

Hopefully it's just a possible rendition for now because the upper portion still needs work in my opinion, but otherwise it looks darn great.. takes us more into the 21st century with those series of curves and the amazing lower part. So this would not start happening I gather for another four years, til the lease runs out? Might be a good thing as 270 Park, Tower Fifth and likely the Hyatt replacement tower will be going up around the same time as each other and there's a bit of catch up time with this delay in demolition of the current smaller tower.

Old Posted May 3, 2019, 10:48 PM

I cant wait for this phase of construction to be over, CPT, 157, one vanderbilt, etc. And the next phase to begin, Park Hyatt, 270, dekalb etc.

When those buildings are nearing completion, this one will start construction. who knows what else will be planned then? Maybe that Park Central megatall?

i cant wait for the next decade

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals