HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Is the Deluxe location closing?

The Deluxe on St. George has been closed for many months. I doubt it will be reopening.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:15 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny golden View Post
Also there is a fully rented apartment above the Delux restaurant! I never realized that existed.
Imagine the smell living above a Delux

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Not too far to go for a meal if you like their food!!

I hope they demolish it and build something large on the whole .65 acres though. It'd be a shame if someone kept the Delux building and constructed something modest on the smaller vacant lot that's part of the property listing.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 2:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The main problem with the Deluxe lot is that it is immediately adjacent to the CNR mainline. This almost certainly precludes any residential development. Any development will have to be commercial, and this will likely be low rise and could take quite some time to happen...........

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 2:16 PM

I used to live next to this area many years ago. From what I heard back then, Deluxe owner used to own pretty much that whole triangular block from Victoria, Robinson to St George. Not sure what the land ownership is now, but it seems to be divided into three. The current recently built block apartment, the Deluxe and the now For Sale corner lot of St George & Robinson.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 2:27 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
It would smell....delicious? I don't see the problem here.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 3:01 PM

Quote:
They have awesome food but man do they need to invest in their properties.
If you took two photos side by side of that Deluxe in 1981 and in 2021, the only difference you'd see is the model of cars in the parking lot. And that's not a compliment lol.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 3:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
If you took two photos side by side of that Deluxe in 1981 and in 2021, the only difference you'd see is the model of cars in the parking lot. And that's not a compliment lol.
That seems to be a problem with all of the Deluxe's I've seen. The Freddy store hasn't been changed for as long as I can remember; decades even.

The chain could really use a remodel/facelift of the stores.

Then again, maybe the appeal of the chain is because they've been using the same grease and fryers since they opened decades ago too.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 7:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
That seems to be a problem with all of the Deluxe's I've seen. The Freddy store hasn't been changed for as long as I can remember; decades even.

The chain could really use a remodel/facelift of the stores.

Then again, maybe the appeal of the chain is because they've been using the same grease and fryers since they opened decades ago too.
pretty much. Their customer base definitely tends to skew older, it's like the Greco of burger joints where I barely know anyone who enjoys it but continues to chug along anyway.. If they rebranded they'd probably get lost in the shuffle. Perhaps we'll see some minor face-lift post pandemic.

Old Posted May 6, 2021, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
pretty much. Their customer base definitely tends to skew older, it's like the Greco of burger joints where I barely know anyone who enjoys it but continues to chug along anyway.. If they rebranded they'd probably get lost in the shuffle. Perhaps we'll see some minor face-lift post pandemic.

This is for all you young people out there

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 2:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post

This is for all you young people out there
Omg 😆😆😆😆

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 3:16 PM

Couple of carpenters on the Lafford Co-op site this morning. I think they were using that lumber to erect the barrier around the NB Power gizmo. It'll be very interesting to see exactly what Lafford has planned for this property. It will be major if the rumors are true.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 3:25 PM

Quote:
Couple of carpenters on the Lafford Co-op site this morning. I think they were using that lumber to erect the barrier around the NB Power gizmo. It'll be very interesting to see exactly what Lafford has planned for this property. It will be major if the rumors are true.
I’ve seen carpenters there numerous times on my way home from work. They have an awful lot of lumber there for just a fence.

Old Posted May 7, 2021, 7:01 PM

Quote:
I’ve seen carpenters there numerous times on my way home from work. They have an awful lot of lumber there for just a fence.
There is a lot of lumber there.

Old Posted May 8, 2021, 1:52 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The city has just announced $1M for reconstruction of Bonaccord and Campbell Streets downtown, including sewer, stormsewer and waterman reconstruction, to add "sewer capacity" for the construction of this Ashford building going in at the corner of Highfield and Campbell across from the Hilton Garden Inn.

This sounds very much like the street reconstruction to be done this summer on Wesley and Victoria, spurred on by the recent announcement of Saint Bernard Square.

It appears that the quickest way to get street renewal done in Moncton is to announce a major new construction project on adjacent land............

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 1:27 PM

According to a report on Retail Talk & Share the lot at the NW corner of Main & Vaughan Harvey has been sold. It's the land that currently has that small automotive shop on it. Wouldn't it be a great if a developer with big plans has bought it. I remember some discussion about this property on the forums a while back. Such a prime location that's screaming for development!

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 2:29 PM

Quote:
According to a report on Retail Talk & Share the lot at the NW corner of Main & Vaughan Harvey has been sold. It's the land that currently has that small automotive shop on it. Wouldn't it be a great if a developer with big plans has bought it. I remember some discussion about this property on the forums a while back. Such a prime location that's screaming for development!
I noticed the "sold" sign when I drove by this weekend. Does this property extend to the corner with Vaughan Harvey?

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 2:58 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I noticed the "sold" sign when I drove by this weekend. Does this property extend to the corner with Vaughan Harvey?
A quick look at the SNB website says no.

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 3:10 PM

Looks like $1.1 million will buy you not only the Deluxe land, but also the empty lot next to it. Am I crazy, or does that sound like a pretty good deal?

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 3:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Looking at the photo, the land facing Robinson Street is probably far enough away fro the CNR mainline to allow for a good sized apartment building to be built. Add in a commercial strip facing St. George and this could be a valuable property.

St. George is undergoing a metamorphosis right now. An alert and interested developer would be aware of this. This land might get sold quickly!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces