HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 8:11 PM

They are currently filming Titans Season 2 on James at the Church that reaches to Hughson. Big production, tons of trucks and people. Filming until tomorrow and Friday it seems.

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted Aug 7, 2019, 8:52 PM

Over the weekend there was a crew filming in the Wallingford residence at McMaster. Anyone know what that was for?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 1:13 PM

Trailer from Lucky Day directed by Roger Avary, shot in Hamilton.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p3USXRNjPs

Old Posted Aug 8, 2019, 8:25 PM

The Ancaster McDonalds out near Duff's Corners had a film crew working on something a couple of days ago. Had a trailer, a large reflector and lights on site--probably a MCD commercial. Or maybe Handmaid's Tale?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 2:43 PM

A new Netflix movie called Awake is being filmed on Hamilton Mountain today : https://twitter.com/ainodino/status/...995138/photo/1

Old Posted Aug 13, 2019, 3:52 PM

This Awake movie is filming on mcmaster campus in the engineering building, a heavy presence there today

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 1:05 PM

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 7:42 PM

Hamilton’s oldest hydro building is being turned into a stunning film production studio

18 August 2020 - 2:30pm Michael urbanicity.com

A gorgeous piece of Hamilton’s heritage will soon see a new, reinvigorated life as a major hub for film production and creative innovation.

n a video announcement via YouTube, Hamilton-based filmmaker and content creator Christoph Benfey has shared the thrilling news that, after 7 years of work and hustle, the massive hydro building at 366 Victoria Avenue North – the oldest of its kind in the city – will be turned into a brand new epicenter for film & television production and content creation.

The building, originally home to the Cataract Power Company, has been standing in Hamilton since 1898; a 122 year-old Hamilton landmark.

This is an especially timely new development for Hamilton, as the city continues to grow as a notable hub for major film & television production and already has a number of established facilities including the Hamilton Film Studios and Digital Canaries, both in the city’s north end.

The new facility, known as Evil Empire Studios, will be a fresh and innovative space housing local filmmakers, content creators, and production companies.

“My dream for Evil Empire Studios is for it to become a vibrant hub for all things Film & Content Creation in Hamilton, but in order for us to make that dream a reality we need vibrant filmmakers to join our community!” says Benfey in his announcement, adding that Hamiltonian filmmakers who want to join in on the action can send inquiries through the Evil Empire Studios website.

To learn more about this exciting new Hamilton development and stay up to date, check out Evil Empire Studios on social media.

https://youtu.be/yRSeC5AxK1Y

https://www.evilempirestudios.com/

Old Posted Aug 18, 2020, 9:37 PM
Ham-burgher

That's great. Lots of old industrial buildings ripe for re-use, and that one is quite a beauty.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTown View Post
Guillermo Del Toro's staff plan Hamilton visit to talk film studio locations: mayor
This happened after the city's mayor tweeted to Del Toro and urged him to give him a call

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilt...rger-1.4288994

A group of staffers for famed Hollywood director Guillermo Del Toro are headed to Hamilton soon to scout possible locations for a film studio, says Mayor Fred Eisenberger. And it all happened with a tweet.

City economic development staff are already looking at potential locations, Eisenberger says. Before long, Del Toro's company is expected to join them.

"Discussions are happening," Eisenberger said. "We'll talk about what their interests are and whether there are appropriate sites — and I believe there are — and we'll go from there."

They were planning on filming "Nightmare Alley" here at the Connaught for a few important scenes. I met Del Toro as well. COVID shut down production. Hopefully, they contact us soon about potentially shooting some stuff.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2021, 2:16 PM

‘The Umbrella Academy’ will be back filming in Hamilton next month
https://www.thespec.com/entertainmen...ext-month.html

Old Posted Jan 28, 2021, 1:45 PM

I really enjoyed S1 of Umbrella Academy, but my favourite parts of S2 were pointing out all the Hamilton filming locations, haha.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 12:17 AM

CBC announces new spinoff of Kim’s Convenience set in Hamilton

One of the most popular sitcoms in Canada is getting a spinoff set right here in Hamilton.

Based on the hit stage play by series co-creator Ins Choi, Kim’s Convenience – the CBC Television comedy series currently airing its fifth season – has risen to becoming one of Canada’s most successful sitcoms, gaining a massive fanbase on an international scale.

The hilarious and heartfelt series is a novel one too, for offering a rare, loving, nuanced depiction of the Korean-Canadian experience in a way that had previously never been seen before in Canadian media.

Building on that success, CBC has just announced a new spinoff series titled Strays that is currently in production and led by Kim’s Convenience cast member Nicole Power.

Strays is a sitcom following Kim’s favourite Shannon Ross (played by Power) as she moves from Toronto to Hamilton to embark on a new career.

The series is created by Kevin White, who co-created Kim’s Convenience with Ins Choi and has played key roles in other landmark Canadian television series including Schitt’s Creek, Corner Gas, Dan for Mayor, and Insecurity.

The announcement doesn’t come without its controversy, however. The unveiling of Strays comes on the heels of an abrupt cancellation of Kim’s Convenience, with co-creators Choi and White departing the series to move on to other projects.

The cancellation means that the show’s fifth season – currently airing on CBC – will unexpectedly be its last. It is also currently unclear whether or not other key characters from Kim’s Convenience will make appearances on Strays.

Strays is set to debut on CBC in the 2021/2022 broadcast season.

Read the full CBC news release here.

https://www.cbc.ca/mediacentre/press...ginal-comedies

Old Posted Apr 29, 2021, 3:30 AM

Something huge is filming over the next couple days. King William east of John is closed for two days starting April 29. Saw about 15 movie trucks with actual film studio logos on them by King William, saw another 20 or so parked in the parking lot by John and Wilson, and another 25 trucks parked end to end from John to Bay along Wilson.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2021, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
Something huge is filming over the next couple days. King William east of John is closed for two days starting April 29. Saw about 15 movie trucks with actual film studio logos on them by King William, saw another 20 or so parked in the parking lot by John and Wilson, and another 25 trucks parked end to end from John to Bay along Wilson.
Hearing it is the Umbrella Academy production

Old Posted Apr 30, 2021, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King&James View Post
Hearing it is the Umbrella Academy production
Same here, went by today and I'm pretty sure the car I saw is the one from the show. They have cameras on the car, so looks like a driving scene or car chase.

Old Posted May 1, 2021, 1:47 AM
Midtowner since 2K

Theres a month long production happening in Hamilton...mostly happening from now until June. I honestly dont know a whole lot more other than that...it's not a small production by any means, but I know someone involved.

Old Posted May 1, 2021, 2:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralLeeTPHLS View Post
Theres a month long production happening in Hamilton...mostly happening from now until June. I honestly dont know a whole lot more other than that...it's not a small production by any means, but I know someone involved.
Is that the Zac Efron film?

Old Posted May 1, 2021, 3:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
Is that the Zac Efron film?
I was thinking that was it (Firestarter remake), but filming apparently starts on May 25th.

I know it takes a while to set up a shoot, but I can't see them setting up 3.5 weeks before filming begins.

Old Posted May 1, 2021, 3:49 AM
Midtowner since 2K

I don't think so....it's not a massive budget, but its definitely not small. They've been doing some work for a few weeks in the city...they start a lot of more core filming in the coming weeks...DP (Director of Photography) will come around soemtime in that timeframe.

Either way, the film set is well managed by the sounds of it and well, very COVID-safe.....they planned things well by the sounds of it.

It's good to see some filming happening in Hamilton even despite this pandemic

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation