HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy

Closed Thread

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 7:39 PM

Potential rental licensing bylaw

I couldn't seem to find a thread on this topic, which surprised me a little. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

I know that there are at least a few landlords on here, and of course a few tenants. Both will be effected by this, and I'm curious how people view the advantages and drawbacks. Based on what I read about the number of improperly zoned rental units, there's a fair chance that some landlords on here operate some, and I'm really wondering what the game plan is for average mom-and-pop landlords if this goes ahead. If you have a rental property- duplex, triplex, or whatever- that is not zoned for that use, will you continue to carry on without getting a license, or will you actually shut down and evict your tenants? Has anyone considered a re-zoning application, or tried one in the past? Does anyone have any hope that the municipal government will make them easier in the future?

This is a big issue. For those without much background, see here and here. There have been two meetings already, and perhaps the last one in September. From the sounds of it, this could have a lot of impact on all of us, and I'm wondering what people think.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2013, 7:47 PM

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy