HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 15, 2017, 9:41 PM
Doctor, The Doctor...Fun

Here are two more - again, one new model and another that I did awhile back but hadn't taken screen grabs of until now.

First up, 432 Park Ave. in New York, NY, United States.

A relatively simple one, but with limited source material, I had to do a lot of Google Maps satellite and street view 'walking' to get the right details near the bottom, like the exact location of the 'through' windows versus the closed ones. That's the one tricky thing about a lot of the buildings in NYC, everything is so condensed that it's hard to get a street view of any part of the building over 20 stories and difficult to get a satellite or 3d model view from below that height - and I'm learning more and more that Google Earth models aren't always accurate, especially for a lot of the buildings in China (Zifeng Tower, the IFC, and the Shanghai Tower model is still in its 'under construction' form!

I think this is also one reason why on a lot of these models, I put in as much detail as I can ion the roof. For one, it adds a lot of character, but also because I have a plethora of historical timeline images to choose from in Google Earth to get a good view of the roof and all of the details.

And here's the newest one, Two International Finance Centre in Hong Kong, China!

This one was good fun. The sides are curved, tiered, and throughout the top 3 or 4 tiers, taper as they progress to the top portion of 'teeth'. I paid extra close attention to the entrances where the side actually curves out ever so slightly and the framing is more prominent.

Last edited by Doctor Octoroc; Mar 16, 2017 at 1:38 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Skyscraper & Urban Art