HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 13, 2006, 4:41 AM
I am the law!

"Obviously you havnt seen much of what he has posted"

for the last 4 years in fact. In those 4 years I've realized the guy enjoys making predictions/speculations alot more than posting insider information he's become privy to and with over 30 years of experience he's bound to get something right

Which one of his prediction has actually become reality?
(note: He's been predicting the start of the Bay Adealide Centre for the past 3 years - given the market condition of the past year and a half to 2 years, he was bound to eventually get it right)

P.S.You can have all sorts of real estate connections and still know nothing of the developments happening around you

Last edited by WhipperSnapper; May 13, 2006 at 4:48 AM.

Old Posted May 13, 2006, 11:44 PM

Tplanner at UT was really good with information. He was the first one to bring up that Shangri-la was coming to Toronto.

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 2:11 AM
Super duper illustrator

Hey guys, i made another rendering for the TO diagram. I hope ya all like it.
Bay Adelaide West Tower:

I used to be a schizphrenic, but we're okay now

My SSP diagram
http://www.skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?m15179

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 4:18 AM
I am the law!

"Tplanner at UT was really good with information. He was the first one to bring up that Shangri-la was coming to Toronto."

Yes, his information is always on the mark

No one comes close to MrMan though

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 4:19 AM
I am the law!

better than I can do but far from being your best

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 4:13 PM
Super duper illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodlookin'
better than I can do but far from being your best
ya..I agree it does need abunch of touch ups..but i suppose it will do for now.

My SSP diagram

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 6:28 PM

That Toronto Dominion Bank story... well its nice to see them worry about security, but who the hell would want to bomb a local suburban Canadian bank building?

Old Posted May 14, 2006, 7:45 PM
Super duper illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lecom
That Toronto Dominion Bank story... well its nice to see them worry about security, but who the hell would want to bomb a local suburban Canadian bank building?
Wha..? huh?

My SSP diagram

Old Posted May 18, 2006, 8:41 PM

Well, I recall awhile ago that there was talk about a competition between 3 developers to be the first to put shovels in the ground for the a new office tower

-Higgins (One Union Plaza)
-Brookfield (Bay-Adelaide)
-Oxford (Richmond-Adelaide/Concourse)

Finally, it looks like Brookfield will win the race, and out of practically nowhere came Cadillac Fairview, who had planned Simcoe Place II, but were not even considered to be one of the frontrunners. By far their Ritz/RBC Dexia project was the sleeper.

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 5:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilioo
Hey guys, i made another rendering for the TO diagram. I hope ya all like it.
Bay Adelaide West Tower:

so what happened to this project anyway...i was under the impression both towers for it were to have been much taller. doesn't t.o. need the office space?

Old Posted May 21, 2006, 5:56 AM
Super duper illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vancouverite
so what happened to this project anyway...i was under the impression both towers for it were to have been much taller. doesn't t.o. need the office space?
Its about 214m and should start construction VERY VERY soon, i think i saw a post saying it was to start in about 2 weeks..cant remember exactly. Also, the RBC centre is going up at 185m, and there are rumours that construction is commencng on the Richmond-Adelaide Centre 2 at 181m.
And no doubte we will be seeing another office tower anounced in the near future.

And yes both towers were originaly planned to be taller but obviously they have been scaled down, the second tower is probably around 180m now and the third still around 160m

My SSP diagram

Old Posted May 23, 2006, 11:19 PM

I know a VP at Manulife and will be going to dinner with them next week. I will ask as if they are consolidating their resources in Toronto and see what they have to say. - ice

Old Posted May 24, 2006, 4:06 AM
Super duper illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icescraper
I know a VP at Manulife and will be going to dinner with them next week. I will ask as if they are consolidating their resources in Toronto and see what they have to say. - ice
great, i hope you can pull somethin out of him.

My SSP diagram

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 3:54 PM
Pirate

question about two projects

Hello,

My first post. I am just getting into the world of skyscrapers and have enjoyed reviewing the thread.

I am looking for more details on two projects in Toronto and have done a search (this forum and the Internet) and cannot seem to find much information...
The addresses are listed as 96 St. Patrick St and 50 Gerrard St East. I believe 50 Gerrard St East is currently a vacant three storey building, but will be demolition to make way for a larger structure. Any information would be great. Thanks!

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 5:29 PM
Super Moderator / Sr. Committee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmania
Hello,

My first post. I am just getting into the world of skyscrapers and have enjoyed reviewing the thread.

I am looking for more details on two projects in Toronto and have done a search (this forum and the Internet) and cannot seem to find much information...
The addresses are listed as 96 St. Patrick St and 50 Gerrard St East. I believe 50 Gerrard St East is currently a vacant three storey building, but will be demolition to make way for a larger structure. Any information would be great. Thanks!
Hi and Welcome!

50 Gerrard was suppose to be demolished to allow the construction of a 190-unit 12 storey rental apartment building. The demo permit was issued mid-2005. Dunno why it's not down yet. But they need to have the new building complete roughly 3 years after demolition.

96 St. Patrick is suppose to be a 17 storey 162-unit condominium building (49 m). This is a pretty old proposal dating back to Dec. 2000. They only somewhat recently applied to setup the staging area for construction materials etc..

Flickr®

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 7:43 PM
gettin' rich!

Construction should be beginning very soon on 3 major towers. RBC / Ritz and Bay Adelaide. I will post when the hoarding goes up. Im pretty sure 2 of these babies will be over 700ft. and the third (RBC) will be 600ft.

amazing.

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 7:56 PM
Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Hi and Welcome!

50 Gerrard was suppose to be demolished to allow the construction of a 190-unit 12 storey rental apartment building. The demo permit was issued mid-2005. Dunno why it's not down yet. But they need to have the new building complete roughly 3 years after demolition.

96 St. Patrick is suppose to be a 17 storey 162-unit condominium building (49 m). This is a pretty old proposal dating back to Dec. 2000. They only somewhat recently applied to setup the staging area for construction materials etc..
Thanks Tony.

Your help is appreciated.

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 10:55 PM
I am the law!

50 Gerrard

http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/2004/a...0217/it046.pdf

google isn't finding the report for 96 st patrick

Old Posted May 26, 2006, 11:52 PM
Super duper illustrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74
Construction should be beginning very soon on 3 major towers. RBC / Ritz and Bay Adelaide. I will post when the hoarding goes up. Im pretty sure 2 of these babies will be over 700ft. and the third (RBC) will be 600ft.

amazing.
BA is 704 feet to the top of the roof element, ritz is 684ft and RBC Centre is 610ft, and if Richmond-Adelaide Centre 2 goes up it will be 595ft assuming they dont change the height.
Im very disapointed about the RBC Centre which was originaly planned to be around 700ft.

My SSP diagram

Old Posted May 27, 2006, 9:04 AM
samsonyuen

From: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...ional/Ontario/

JENNIFER LEWINGTON
CITY HALL BUREAU CHIEF
After a long bout of financial uncertainty, Harbourfront Centre has won a pledge of stable funding from the federal government.

The non-profit cultural agency will receive $5-million a year over five years, Finance Minister Jim Flaherty announced yesterday, confirming an election pledge by Conservative Leader Stephen Harper.

The commitment marks a change in fortunes for Harbourfront, which attracts 12.6 million visits a year to a wide mix of cultural programs that reflect the ethnic diversity of Toronto. "This is the most welcome news we have had in a very long time," said Harbourfront CEO Bill Boyle, noting that the long-term government commitment makes it easier to attract private donors for programs, 70 per cent of which are free to the public.

In recent years, the ruling federal Liberals committed to funding the agency only one year at a time. On the eve of the Jan. 23 vote, after Mr. Harper's promise, Liberal ministers added their own verbal commitment to long-term support.

"For too long Harbourfront Centre has had an uncertain future," said Mr. Flaherty, who also has political responsibility for the Toronto region.

He was flanked by two other Tory cabinet ministers -- Treasury Board president John Baird (who has political responsibility for Harbourfront) and Canadian Heritage Minister Bev Oda -- at a press conference held at the agency's waterfront site on Queens Quay West.

Ms. Oda topped up Mr. Flaherty's news with a promise of $840,000 through 2009 toward the cost of festivals and other cultural programs.

The federal announcement drew warm words from some unlikely sources, including Toronto Mayor David Miller, who during the federal election campaign was cool at best to the prospect of a Conservative government in Ottawa.

"The kind of co-operation we have seen on this issue speaks to the co-operation the two governments need on many issues," the mayor told reporters at city hall.

The mayor and Mr. Baird, who will be together again today for a funding announcement at Union Station, lobbed compliments at one another yesterday.

"He has a sense of humour and sees the waterfront for the tremendous opportunity it is," said Mr. Miller, who was publicly thanked by Mr. Baird for providing stop-gap city funds pending the federal dollars for Harbourfront.

MP Olivia Chow (Trinity-Spadina), a New Democrat, also lauded the government commitment to the agency, which lies within her riding.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations