Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dleung
^^being white is relevant in this anti-wokeness thread in the same way one might rightly wonder why the body-positivity movement is headed by fat chicks
Ding! ding! ding!

Dleung is disrespectful to women who don't correspond to societal norms with respect to to thinness.

Let the record state...

Nope, i'm just saying they have a dog in the fight, just like you do with race

Not everyone is as obsessed with race the way you are.

I've never displayed any race-related in-group identity on here, and I don't see this as a "fight" I have a "dog" in, other than as a member of this society who'd like to see it as peaceful and harmonious as possible.

None of our cities, provinces or even the country as whole are as good as they should be but I still see it as my duty to question moves that I don't see as being positive and in the direction of progress, and instead are more about short-term catering to the psychological excesses and pangs of the squeakiest wheel.
Coming from the guy with 5000 posts and 3 threads on the subject??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
spends four hours a day posting on the subject matter (and creates/curates multiple threads on the subject) = not at all being obsessed with the issue.

sure.

I don't really care about ugly buildings and ugly urban environments either.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 10:03 PM
Registered Drug User

The fundamental incoherence and contradictions in trans-activist ideology (sex is not gender!) and what informs it are on display in this news piece:

https://stanmed.stanford.edu/2017spr...ur-health.html

"We want to blast the standard attitudes about masculinity and femininity out of the water."

Yeah, okay. I'm putting this here as a placeholder to come back to when I have more time to address it.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 10:11 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
Comparing transgendered people to flat earthers is, quite honestly, insulting. You are trying to compare someone’s biological makeup with someone’s right to believe ridiculous conspiracy theories. Trans women are woman, trans men are men. We are not talking about biological sex which can be defined with male and female, even then we have inter-sexed people born with both genitalia. Gender is not sex.
Trans women are women - in their minds.

Trans men are men - in their minds.

And that's fine. I am perfectly OK with going along with the polite fiction, as rousseau defined it.

I do it all the time, with trans people I know in fact. We do it for others, and others do it for us.

We call strangers "sir" even if that title obviously doesn't apply to everyone. In some cases that's quite glaring.

Everyone's babies and kids are called beautiful and gorgeous regardless of what they look like.

The polite fictions are actually an essential element of a harmonious society.

Nothing wrong with them until they impact someone else, or it's imposed in a harmful way on children.

BTW, Rachel Dolezal is "Black" in her mind. Michelle Latimer is "Indigenous" in her mind.

I'd bet a million bucks that both those statements are true.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2021, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecate View Post
Comparing transgendered people to flat earthers is, quite honestly, insulting. You are trying to compare someone’s biological makeup with someone’s right to believe ridiculous conspiracy theories. Trans women are woman, trans men are men. We are not talking about biological sex which can be defined with male and female, even then we have inter-sexed people born with both genitalia. Gender is not sex.
Actually, I'm comparing someone's right to believe whatever they want regardless of physical/biological reality, to someone's right to believe whatever they want regardless of physical/biological reality, and I'm in favor of being as accomodating and friendly to such people as possible; I just think there is some limits to how far we should accept to take that polite fiction.

I recently had a chat with a Covid-denying tenant. Didn't want to needlessly antagonize the guy, so I played along as much as I could without trampling too much on my principles. That was a good example of going along with the polite fiction to the very maximum that I found tolerable, then I said I had to go (which was true) and it ended there.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2021, 12:18 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

This thread had to be cleaned up and it has too much vitriolic arguing in it so closing for now.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada