HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 3:09 AM

Location: Portland (part-time); warm foreign countries (part-time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorbinWarrick View Post
Who are these ppl? I love them they move quick
PP&L = Pacific Power & Light = Pacific Power

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 8:26 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMH View Post
PP&L = Pacific Power & Light = Pacific Power
Meaning whose behind this whole project. They’re moving fast. From drawings, to submissions, getting approved, now demolition is starting their process, etc

I wish the post office site moved this quick, just getting demolished would be huge

Old Posted Aug 19, 2022, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Design review approved for RiverPlace tower

The Portland Design Commission has approved, with modifications, the design review of a proposal for RiverPlace Block 1 South, a new 30-story multi-family residential tower on the former RiverPlace Athletic Club site, 150 S. Montgomery St.

This development will be Phase 1 for the RiverPlace site. The proposal includes about 344 residential units with parking provided by utilizing unused spaces in the adjacent Douglas Apartments garage. The property is an 8.03-acre site located within the University District/South Downtown subdistrict of the Central City Plan District. The site is bounded by South Harbor Way/South Harbor Way Bike Path at the west, South Montgomery Street at the north, South River Drive at the east, and South River Parkway at the south.

The proposal also includes 16,610 square feet of new public open area to be provided in two locations: in the middle of Block 1 and at the southern end of Block 1. These two open areas will provide public links from the Harbor Drive Trail on the west of the property to the new Street ‘A,’ as well as publicly accessible landscaped open space.

...continues at the DJC ($)

www.twitter.com/maccoinnich

Old Posted Aug 20, 2022, 1:10 AM
BANNED

Beautiful tower. Love these developers, they move fast.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2022, 5:27 PM

Old Posted Aug 26, 2022, 4:34 PM
Registered Ugly

Anyone know off the top of their head what the density difference will be between the existing properties to be demolished and the new construction, at full buildout of the site?

edit: just read the above staff report that says there are 290 existing residential units.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2022, 7:16 PM

Looks like the northern portion of the block

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...A/4843065_did/

Old Posted Sep 3, 2022, 5:17 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopdx View Post
Looks like the northern portion of the block

https://www.portlandmaps.com/detail/...A/4843065_did/
Sounds like a smaller building will be built on the northern side of the site.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Exclusive: Developer of planned 30-story Portland waterfront tower talks timeline, design

The developer behind one of Portland's next big skyscrapers unloaded a fresh batch of details about the new 30-story tower.

A phased development will bring the residential tower and a "sidecar," together considered one building, to the area where the RiverPlace Athletic Club used to operate. The new development will take shape at 150 S. Montgomery St.

The tower, tentatively called RiverPlace Block 1, is the first phase. Construction will start later on the smaller seven-to-eight-story sidecar development that will be joined via a parking garage. The idea is they both open at the same time. The whole project doesn't have a formal name yet, according to Aaron Jones, co-president of Eastbank Development, an affiliate of NBP Capital, which has envisioned a massive waterfront development.

Jones spoke with the Business Journal after the tower gained recent approval from the local Design Commission, moving the opportunity zone project closer to existence. That green light followed multiple meetings between the commission and GBD Architects, with which Eastbank is working, that resulted in a handful of approval conditions.

"In order to get through that (Central City Master Plan) process and meet our open space requirement and some of the access issues that Design Commission wanted to see, we ended up putting a 60-foot-wide pedestrian access through the middle of the site," Jones said. "In order to hit the timeline that were that we are shooting for, it made us essentially take this one building and break it into two design phases."

Project officials will put in for permitting this month, said Jones, who expects construction to commence in the second quarter of 2023, with that work lasting an estimated 28 to 30 months. The side development should take 16 to 18 months.
...continues at the Portland Business Journal.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2022, 11:12 PM

I love how quickly this is moving. Construction expected to start in Q2 of 2023... thats about 6 months away!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 12:41 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncommon.name View Post
I love how quickly this is moving. Construction expected to start in Q2 of 2023... thats about 6 months away!
Right?! I’ve said the same thing couple times now. These ppl move fast! I feel like this tower was just introduced last week. I wish we had developers like this for the Broadway corridor. Can’t wait for this to break ground

Old Posted Sep 13, 2022, 11:28 PM

It's worth noting that the redevelopment of RiverPlace has been in the works for at least five years.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2022, 6:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
It's worth noting that the redevelopment of RiverPlace has been in the works for at least five years.
Yea the overall masterplan sure but this particular building/project feels like it was just introduced not long ago.

Old Posted Sep 21, 2022, 10:31 PM

Old Posted Sep 22, 2022, 4:17 AM
A before E

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccoinnich View Post
I'm guessing a stubby building attached to the tower?

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 3:56 PM

Building permit for the tower is under review:

Quote:
RIVERPLACE BLK 1 SOUTH - a new 32-story multi-family apartment building on South end of lot. **w. 22-181153-MT ** All levels Type 1A construction, 345 residential units, Amenities on Level 01, 01.5, 02 and 27. Units and amenities provided with select gas appliances. Exterior terraces for residential use are located on L02 and L27. Rooftop MT is located above L30 penthouse units. Demo of existing Riverplace Athletic Club separate permit 22-169563-CO

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 6:26 PM
BANNED

I thought this was already approved? And it looks like it jumped to 32 story instead of 30

Old Posted Sep 30, 2022, 6:45 PM

The general design is approved. The building permit still needs to be reviewed for compliance with the building code, including the building's structure, safety, accessibility, etc etc.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2023, 7:45 PM
BANNED

Has this site been demo’d yet?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2023, 10:11 PM
BANNED

Has anybody been to this part of town latley? Has this project started?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Portland > Downtown & City of Portland