HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted Oct 16, 2007, 5:51 PM
Excelsior!!!

Question What is a politically correct skyline?

Who says that every skyline has to fit a certain mold? Not every skyline has to look like L.A. or New York.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2007, 5:32 PM
Excelsior!!!

How many different types of skylines can you name?

I can name a few. One example, is Mexico City whose skyline is spread out or made up of many different small skylines. You could have a skyscraper here and another one five miles away. Personally, I would like the City to develop along La Reforma, the city's central core into a large dominant skyline or (type 1) skyline like Los Angeles

What's interesting is that you guys have pointed out 2 other different types of skylines:

Types:
1) Los Angeles(supertall in center type) with medium sized buildings around it
2) Madrid(dominant towers in center type) with no single supertall in the middle just the dominant towers which could range from medium to supertall all about the same height and few surrounding lesser buildings if any
3) New Yorkand Chicago(dominant towers with lesser towers type)this type of skyline has from a few dominant towers with lesser towers(small to medium) surrounding them to many dominant towers stretching from a few miles to many miles downtown
4)Mexico City(multiple skylines type): this city has multiple skylines small to big with no dominant skyline. Although, Reforma is slowly developing into a dominant skyline.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2007, 5:44 PM
Excelsior!!!

Lightbulb

I can name a few. One example, is Mexico City whose skyline is spread out or made up of many different small skylines. You could have a skyscraper here and another one five miles away. Personally, I would like the City to develop along La Reforma, the city's central core into a large dominant skyline or (type 1) skyline like Los Angeles
What's interesting is that you guys have pointed out 2 other different types of skylines:

Types:
2) Madrid(dominant towers in center type) with no single supertall in the middle just the dominant towers which could range from medium to supertall all about the same height and few surrounding lesser buildings if any
3) New York and Chicago(dominant towers with lesser towers type)this type of skyline has from a few dominant towers with lesser towers(small to medium) surrounding them to many dominant towers stretching from a few miles to many miles downtown
4)Mexico City(multiple skylines type): this city has multiple skylines small to big with no dominant skyline. Although, Reforma is slowly developing into a dominant skyline.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2007, 5:45 PM
Excelsior!!!

Lightbulb

Types:
3) New York and Chicago(dominant towers with lesser towers type)this type of skyline has from a few dominant towers with lesser towers(small to medium) surrounding them to many dominant towers stretching from a few miles to many miles downtown

Old Posted Oct 17, 2007, 5:46 PM
Excelsior!!!

Types:

Old Posted Oct 25, 2007, 5:07 PM
Illustrator, editor

@dbee84: Thanks, I draw the diagrams in Photoshop. Only one of these four drawings are mine though.

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510

Old Posted May 15, 2008, 3:31 PM
Architecture student

Some personal photographs of the 4 towers (30 April)

Old Posted May 16, 2008, 11:37 PM
Stay Classy Philadelphia

This is amazing!

Talk about a boom.

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 3:26 AM

These are the mid-rises. Just playing. I have never been to Madrid but from what it has been doing lately it seems to me like one of the most modern cities in Europe and one that is really growing.

As far as Mexico City goes, I wouldnt be surprised if it ends up looking like NY one of these days. The city has spread out so much and still growing that there is nowhere to go but up. The only problem that has kept it from building up for decades and keeps it from building supertall buildings is its geological location (Tokyo also shares this problem). But with technological advances they can build them a bit taller. Is it not amazing that the 2 biggest cities in the world are built in such places?

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 8:41 PM
Editor

Thanks for the updates!

Old Posted May 17, 2008, 11:49 PM

Torre Repsol looks like a bigger copy of Torre CNCI in the San Pedro district of the city of Monterrey,Mexico.

here's a pic .

its the one in the middle, though i'm sure u can figure it out.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2009, 1:42 AM

Hi

Iam to Chili in sudamerica

asi que yo hablo español

soy del mismo pais de Pelegrini (tecnico del real madrid)
El Real es un tremendo equipo y calma que ya ganaremos. paciencia

alguien que escriba ok

Old Posted Nov 24, 2009, 7:47 AM
the world is mine

I´m to chilli in sudamerica?¡?
tu ingles es pesimo, compañero, tal vez quisiste decir:
I´m from Chile, a country wich is located at south america,
x cierto los nombres de lugares NUNCA se traducen, equiparaste a tu pais con un fruto!!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2009, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouvierxtrm View Post
tu ingles es pesimo, compañero
Wow respect, no vayamos lanzando verdades a la gente. De todas formas te equivocaste, los nombres de lugares si que se traducen; ahora volvamos al tema.

Last edited by MR. Cosmopolitan; Dec 25, 2009 at 1:15 AM.

Old Posted Dec 24, 2009, 12:33 AM
BANNED

SkyscraperPage: spreading love, harmony and understanding throughout the world.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2016, 9:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey1111 View Post

Types:
This is definitely closely related to the historical background of the city. Most European cities, and specially Madrid, have had a rich history which has left a city center full of magnificent buildings from the belle epoque of the Spanish Empire. To mantain the charm of these areas, tall buildings should be built in the otuside of the city, as the clash wouldn't really be desirable.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2022, 6:44 AM

NY is the best!

NY has the biggest skycrappers i ever seen. It´s amazing to walk on this city and only look to the sky to see the monumental buildings like Empire State, 9-11 or ONU building.

Alma de Nieve

Old Posted Jul 25, 2022, 6:50 PM
The Vomit Bag.

New York has no skyscrapers. all the buildings are low rises.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe