HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 3:58 AM

Looks like Sackville will be a great street in 2020! Hopefully by then United Gulf will have sold the Texpark/Twisted Sisters/Skye Lands and a new proposal emerges.

On a side note I was just checking out my profile and apparently tomorrow (the 7th) is the sixth anniversary of me posting on this site and I just surpassed 7'000 posts. I think its safe to say I have no life and what little life I do have revolves around the snoring puppy laying next to me and constantly updating the first post of this thread.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 4:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
Looks like Sackville will be a great street in 2020! Hopefully by then United Gulf will have sold the Texpark/Twisted Sisters/Skye Lands and a new proposal emerges.

On a side note I was just checking out my profile and apparently tomorrow (the 7th) is the sixth anniversary of me posting on this site and I just surpassed 7'000 posts. I think its safe to say I have no life and what little life I do have revolves around the snoring puppy laying next to me and constantly updating the first post of this thread.
wouldn't be the same without you, DJ!

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 4:39 PM
BANNED

Dmajackson, I have always appreciated your contributions. We're lucky to have you.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2014, 4:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Here's a visualization of the developments along Sackville Street

Awesome! Merci.
Sackville is the spot!

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 1:31 PM
we built this city

Quote:

Will you be back in the summer? Alot has changed since we last met up.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 9:48 PM

Since I am now living in Halifax again I have decided to add a "photos" category to the compilation list. For now the photos will be ones shot by me and will appear next to the "thread" link. The new links will take you to the most recent overall photo of the project as made available on my flickr photostream. For the most part it will be included on green (under construction) and blue (recently completed) projects with some others if demolition or excavation have commenced. I may get around to snapping some before photos for projects that are replacing existing building stock (no greenfield developments).

Ideally each under construction project should look similar to this soon;

05. ---> 57 M | PROJECT NAME (15 FL) | Under Construction | Thread | Photo | Website | Case #18888 | Frame & Exterior, Completion - May 2099

Old Posted Mar 10, 2014, 11:51 PM
we built this city

Quote:
Since I am now living in Halifax again I have decided to add a "photos" category to the compilation list. For now the photos will be ones shot by me and will appear next to the "thread" link. The new links will take you to the most recent overall photo of the project as made available on my flickr photostream. For the most part it will be included on green (under construction) and blue (recently completed) projects with some others if demolition or excavation have commenced. I may get around to snapping some before photos for projects that are replacing existing building stock (no greenfield developments).

Ideally each under construction project should look similar to this soon;

05. ---> 57 M | PROJECT NAME (15 FL) | Under Construction | Thread | Photo | Website | Case #18888 | Frame & Exterior, Completion - May 2099
Dedication!

Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 4:46 PM

Old Posted Jul 19, 2014, 4:12 AM

The first two cranes are up for the North-End renewal. #3 will be erected between the other two in the coming weeks.

Photo by Dmajackson. Hosted via Urban_Halifax on flickr.com

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 1:54 AM

Links to photo blogs are now available on the opening post. So far between Ziobrop and I the following projects have regular updates;

1592 Barrington
2814 Isleville
3065 Robie
5445 Rainnie
5504 Spring Garden Road
Maple
Nova Centre
Roy

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 11:53 AM
BUILD!

Quote:
Links to photo blogs are now available on the opening post. So far between Ziobrop and I the following projects have regular updates;

1592 Barrington
2814 Isleville
3065 Robie
5445 Rainnie
5504 Spring Garden Road
Maple
Nova Centre
Roy
I can try and provide more active updates on the Avery and King's Wharf if people are interested in that.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 2:24 PM

Absolutely! The third building at Kings Wharf is sprouting up like a weed. Thank you for your interest.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 7:37 PM

New extremely recent Google Maps Satellite Imagery from June 10th, 2014 of the Halifax area is online. Check out all the changes to Downtown, Larry Uteck, King's Wharf, Dartmouth Crossing/Burnside, Stanfield Airport etc. just to name a few.

Google Maps Halifax

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 7:46 PM

Any info on what's going in on Dartmouth Road? They've been clearing trees and dumping fill for the past couple of weeks.

Old Posted Jul 25, 2014, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
Any info on what's going in on Dartmouth Road? They've been clearing trees and dumping fill for the past couple of weeks.
There were plans for two apartment buildings but that was abandoned last year. It can't be much more than single-family houses without public consultation.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2014, 8:56 PM

Old Posted Aug 15, 2014, 5:46 PM
Halifax Promoter!

Quote:
I love to see so many cranes coming back to roost.....

Old Posted Sep 30, 2015, 10:55 PM
Volatile Pacivist

Quote:
Wow, this is really going to come in handy! I won't have to keep embarrassing myself by bugging people on here to tell me what's going on.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2016, 11:21 AM

Well it took sometime and quite a bit of research but I think I can confidently state the list is now mostly up-to-date again following a 18-month hiatus.

If any projects are missing or out-of-date please post in this thread or send me a private message.

- DJ

Old Posted Nov 18, 2016, 2:01 AM

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth