HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area

Old Posted Jul 19, 2020, 5:25 AM

No idea why they don't start early too... brings in more people to downtown for the time being and they will help bring in more $ to surrounding businesses

Old Posted Jul 22, 2020, 8:36 PM

And the hits just keep coming...

Vantage Condominiums project on hold after developer struggles with financing

By Emily Hamann – Staff Writer, Sacramento Business Journal
July 22, 2020

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen..._news_headline

Quote:
A condominium project in Downtown Sacramento is on hold after its developer couldn't finance it amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

At its meeting last week, the Capitol Area Development Authority Governing Board voted to purchase back a parcel of land known as Site 21, at N and 14th streets.

CADA previously sold the property to Cresleigh Homes, which planned to build the nine-story Vantage Condominiums project.

“Due to the pandemic, the financing terms became different than what they were when Cresleigh planned the project,” said Wendy Saunders, CADA executive director.

Cresleigh was unable to move ahead with the project, according to CADA board documents.

“If anybody could have done it, Cresleigh would have. They’re a very capable company,” Saunders said.

CADA will acquire the land and site plans. It is going to hold the project until the pandemic clears and try and sell it to a developer when the market is in better shape.

Bad news.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 12:04 PM
BUFF$LUT

Have you guys seen how atrocious and generic the new Township 9 renderings look? I mean I'm happy for any form of new housing, but this just feels ultra low-effort. They have tremendous opportunity with that land and I have a feeling it won't be utilized to its fullest potential.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2020, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownserg89 View Post
Have you guys seen how atrocious and generic the new Township 9 renderings look? I mean I'm happy for any form of new housing, but this just feels ultra low-effort. They have tremendous opportunity with that land and I have a feeling it won't be utilized to its fullest potential.
Do you have a link?

Old Posted Aug 2, 2020, 1:08 AM

I could not find a link to the entire plans. I just found this article on the SBJ website:

New developer 29th Street Capital lays out details of Township Nine project
July 31, 2020

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...ship-nine.html

Here is an image from the article:

It's pretty underwhelming. The first phase is 150 units spread over four buildings on one block. It looks like the first phase may include a mix of uses.

Hopefully, future phases of Township Nine will be better. But I have my doubts. It looks like 29th Street Crapital bought the whole project, and they seem to have a penchant for building 4-story structures. Their rep says that although the project site is 65 acres, only 30 acres is developable. The rest will be green space.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2020, 7:17 PM
Here we stAy

Those are certainly not final or even submitted designs as the City doesn't even have an application this early into the property transition. I'm sure there will be many more meetings between the new owners and City staff before we get to a final design, and I can't imagine something as bad as these would be acceptable, let alone consistent with design guidelines for the area.

Old Posted Aug 9, 2020, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltsmotorsport View Post
Those are certainly not final or even submitted designs as the City doesn't even have an application this early into the property transition. I'm sure there will be many more meetings between the new owners and City staff before we get to a final design, and I can't imagine something as bad as these would be acceptable, let alone consistent with design guidelines for the area.
I hope you're right. But 29th Street Crapital is already under construction at the Mill at Broadway. So far, it does not look good.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2020, 9:13 PM

Yay still nothing going on!!!! well hope to see some action soon??

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 8:45 PM

First railyards project should break ground in a week.

$130 million mixed-use Railyards project to break ground
Sacramento Business Journal
August 18, 2020

The first residential project in the Railyards is breaking ground soon.
The AJ, a 345-unit mixed-use project, is set to begin construction within the next week or so, said Josh Leachman, vice president of project development at LDK Ventures, which is developing the project along with USA Properties Fund.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...ak-ground.html

Source: Downtown Sacramento Partnership
https://www.downtownsac.org/project/...rds-mixed-use/

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 8:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
First railyards project should break ground in a week.

$130 million mixed-use Railyards project to break ground
Sacramento Business Journal
August 18, 2020

The first residential project in the Railyards is breaking ground soon.
The AJ, a 345-unit mixed-use project, is set to begin construction within the next week or so, said Josh Leachman, vice president of project development at LDK Ventures, which is developing the project along with USA Properties Fund.

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...ak-ground.html

Source: Downtown Sacramento Partnership
https://www.downtownsac.org/project/...rds-mixed-use/
Good density and decent design. I wish there was more retail, also not a fan of the project taking up a full block.

Last edited by Pistola916; Aug 19, 2020 at 9:09 PM.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 3:30 AM

At least it's something but still, Sac needs some height

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 4:31 PM

The Railyards is going to look like the River district in West Sac for a while. A island of a handful of 4-5 story residential buildings surrounded by nice streets and empty dirt lots. They really need to start building that MLS stadium and get something going for the Kaiser hospital.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAGeoNerd View Post
The Railyards is going to look like the River district in West Sac for a while. A island of a handful of 4-5 story residential buildings surrounded by nice streets and empty dirt lots. They really need to start building that MLS stadium and get something going for the Kaiser hospital.
The stadium should break ground this fall. As others mentioned, with a postponement of 1 year in joining the MLS, seems the urgency backed off a bit.

Last I heard the Kaiser project is dead. Anyone have any info? The need, I would assume, is still there. Their hospital at Morse won't be able to function I thought, due to the required statewide seismic upgrades for I2 Occ Hospitals.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2020, 4:48 PM

Thoughts? Line would run from Raley Field to Sac Valley Station. City doesn't want to lose $50MM in funding already secured. Hoping to get funds to expand later on.

Sacramento City Council takes up smaller, cheaper streetcar project

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...r-project.html

Old Posted Aug 24, 2020, 7:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTownAndy View Post
Thoughts? Line would run from Raley Field to Sac Valley Station. City doesn't want to lose $50MM in funding already secured. Hoping to get funds to expand later on.

Sacramento City Council takes up smaller, cheaper streetcar project

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen...r-project.html
What's the point? That is my reaction. Sounds as effective as our light rail.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanadvocate View Post
What's the point? That is my reaction. Sounds as effective as our light rail.
But doesn't Portland have one? So we need one. Then, we will be hip and urban. Who cares if the streetcar only runs for a little over a mile? It's a choo choo; so it is cool.

I read the article, and the reason they are pushing for this small line is because they will lose federal money if they don't move forward. Doris Matsui put her reputation on the line to get that money. If the city does not spend it on this choo choo to nowhere, it could miss out on future federal money for other things.

A project like this could be a "foot in the door." Eventually, it could be extended at great public expense.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 4:52 PM

51-unit apartment complex planned at Q Street in Downtown Sacramento

Aug 25, 2020, 5:49pm EDT

https://www.bizjournals.com/sacramen..._news_headline

Quote:
A Portland, Oregon-based development company plans to build a 51-unit apartment complex on Q Street in Downtown Sacramento.

Urban Development + Partners purchased the five-parcel site at 1208 Q St. last week. Sarah Zahn, director of development at UD+P, said the apartments will likely be studio and one-bedrooms units, most of which will have high ceilings and lofted, mezzanine sleeping areas.

Zahn said the company is working with MarketOne Builders for construction, and the project is expected to cost $8 million to $10 million....
This project is the site of the planned "Q-Art Lofts" (see below). I always like the way the drawing looked. I don't know if the new developer plans on keeping everything the same; but UD+P did say that they bought the site because entitlements are already in place to start building. So....Maybe?

UD+P plans on submitting for permits by the end of the year and would like to start construction during the first half of 2021. The project would open in mid-late 2022.

UD+P is another out-of-town developer that wants to build more in Sacramento.

Old Q-Art Lofts Design:

Current Site:

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snfenoc View Post
But doesn't Portland have one? So we need one. Then, we will be hip and urban. Who cares if the streetcar only runs for a little over a mile? It's a choo choo; so it is cool.

I read the article, and the reason they are pushing for this small line is because they will lose federal money if they don't move forward. Doris Matsui put her reputation on the line to get that money. If the city does not spend it on this choo choo to nowhere, it could miss out on future federal money for other things.

A project like this could be a "foot in the door." Eventually, it could be extended at great public expense.
Very true, and in theory I guess it is close to running between the baseball field and the future soccer stadium so I guess that is something. And of course there is the streetcar that runs along 7th to Richards.

Old Posted Aug 28, 2020, 7:24 PM

It appears the large 4 building project at Richards and 7th is still moving along with construction. Anyone have any updated information or renderings?

Old Posted Aug 30, 2020, 1:51 PM

Richards state office complex
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FvSz2CQ8Is

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Pacific West > Sacramento Area