HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jun 22, 2014, 6:15 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

FLORIDA | HIGH/MID/LOW RISES | Updates/Compilation (Whole State)

The State of Florida's High/Mid/Low Rise Updates and Compilation

Goal: Documenting in a neat fashion every major highrise, and midrise, and if necessary, architecturally significant low rises in Florida's cities. This thread will serve as a compilation of major projects all over the state and will go hand in hand with the other threads listed for cities in Florida; The exception is that I will include highrises and mid rises from the suburbs and little cities if necessary that often go unnoticed. The primary emphasis will be high rises, but also significant mid-rises as well. Low rises will be included, but only those that are of a large scale. An example being a low rise development that has lets say a 1000 units. The projects listed include those under construction, proposed, and in preparation mode. I will not be including visions or canceled projects. This will serve as a continuously updated reference of projects for all of Florida. I will restructure the compilation threads of Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa into this compilation.

What will be different?: Projects will be included also from cities that never get mentioned. For sake of neatness, I will post the projects in sets meaning that one post contains 10 or 20 projects, maybe even more depending on the city for ones that are in the compilations already. General updates or new projects as of June 22, 2014 will get there own post with the project title, and a brief description of it. More information is usually in the source, keep that in mind. I try to post only the good information. Also, keep in mind that some projects may not have renderings or only have floor information or even just the height.

Credits and Sources: Since the sources are already posted in the compilation threads, I will not include them as the proper citation has already occurred. For new projects, of course. For new information: Green highlights important building facts (Height, floors, important data), and purple highlights completion or construction start dates.

Format: I'm thinking every project should have the name on top, bold, and a rendering that is reasonable size. I know sometimes its difficult to find smaller ones, but something around 1024x768 or 800x600 is appropriate. For sake of neatness. Along with a brief description of the height, floors, features, etc. And in quotes if its from a source. Usually information from other sources without quotes makes it look very sloppy and hard to navigate. Along with proper citing of course.

A) Exception to Format: Large scale projects, if there is a very detailed rendering that covers many towers, it might be larger than 1600x1200, but in general, you won't see many large ones.

Comments: Try to keep the discussion relevant. Also feel free to add projects, just please follow the format above as it is easier for members to see, learn, and keeps the thread organized and neat. Opinions are welcome, but be a little mature with them. No flaming/trolling please. And if you like a project, feel free to say so but just try not to quote a really long post with lots of images. One image is fine, but not more than two. Since I am not a mod, I can't delete spam so please keep it on topic. Think of it as benefiting the whole SSP community along with the SSC members that visit our database.

Suggestions?: PM me if you see a duplicate or want me to add something or simply post here, whatever is easier. I take great pride in updating my other compilation (see signature), and its a intellectual hobby that I really enjoy.

Timeline of Thread Development: This will take sometime, but I will work on it. As of the day this was made, I hosted a party at my house, and am wired on a heavy dose of ginseng and a long lasting stimulant, so I will try to do a lot tonight. ( I will update this paragraph on the development status so the above message is subject to change).

Contributing: Please, feel free to add and discuss.

Thanks

- Chris E.

Last edited by chris08876; Jun 22, 2014 at 6:30 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development