HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation

Old Posted Aug 22, 2013, 4:06 PM

Tim Horton's

I could not find a Tim Horton's thread so I started one.

I found this video about Tim's in the UAE.

Coffee drinkers in the United Arab Emirates may be some of the most well-informed citizens in the world.

Quote:
In a partnership between one of the UAE’s leading news companies, Gulf News, and Canada-based coffee chain giant Tim Horton’s, coffee cup sleeves are now featuring breaking news.
http://dailycoffeenews.com/2012/06/1...breaking-news/

Old Posted Aug 24, 2013, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeHamilton View Post
I could not find a Tim Horton's thread so I started one.

I found this video about Tim's in the UAE.

Coffee drinkers in the United Arab Emirates may be some of the most well-informed citizens in the world.
Except for the fact that they're actually choosing to drink Tim's coffee which suggests they're not so well-informed. It's a tricky circular kinda thing.

All dickishness aside, I'm going to assume TH's is doing well in the UAE. All those slippery donuts and whatnot would go over well there, though I'm not sure about the coffee. I'd like to see a menu because I'm guessing they've tweaked it somewhat to suit local tastes.

Old Posted Nov 3, 2014, 10:07 PM

Tim Hortons

Advertisement or not, Tim Horton statue adds to waterfront landscape
(Buffalo News, Colin Dabkowski, Oct 30 2014)

Amid a flurry of blue and gold balloons and hoisted iPhones, HarborCenter officials unveiled a bronze sculpture of NHL Hall of Famer and former Sabre Tim Horton Thursday afternoon across from HarborCenter's tricked-out Tim Hortons that opened earlier in the day.

The statue was officially given to the City of Buffalo, on whose land it sits, by Tim Hortons USA and the local owners of the new Tim Hortons location at HarborCenter. It's a de facto advertisement for Horton's coffee chain, dispenser of Timbits and gallons of double-doubles to the masses.

Though the city might not be setting the best precedent by accepting what is essentially a corporate advertisement into its official public art collection, it would be tough to argue that sculptor Jerry McKenna's newest work isn't appropriate to its physical and cultural context. (It's worth noting as well that no public money went into the sculpture or its installation, according to the Buffalo Arts Commission's Catherine Gillespie.)

The accompanying plaque announces the site of the sculpture as the place where Horton played his first game as a member of the Sabres, in Memorial Auditorium, on Oct. 8 1972.

“Horton capped off his professional playing career with the Buffalo Sabres, playing defense from the start of the 1972 season until his untimely death on February 21, 1974,” the plaque reads, going on to detail his stats, the 1964 founding of the first Tim Hortons and the opening of its first U.S. location in Amherst in 1985.

Read it in full here.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 4:28 AM

They're building a new Tim Horton's on Barton between Wellington and Ferguson, next to the A&W. It's going to replace the old run down one that's there already.

No idea what the plans are for the old building once they move to the new one. I'm just glad I won't have to fear for my life now when using the sidewalk there, what a terribly dangerous parking lot/drive-thru that place has.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 2:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by interr0bangr View Post
They're building a new Tim Horton's on Barton between Wellington and Ferguson, next to the A&W. It's going to replace the old run down one that's there already.

No idea what the plans are for the old building once they move to the new one. I'm just glad I won't have to fear for my life now when using the sidewalk there, what a terribly dangerous parking lot/drive-thru that place has.
Ya that parking lot drive thru was really terrible.

I've been on a 4 month contract up here in Oshawa and I've seen at least 3 Tim Hortons under renovation along King St here. They're really dishin out the cash to improve the locations.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2014, 7:44 PM

every update they do makes the customer experience worse. hopefully they've learned something since the last round of changes... this whole "donuts up front" layout is ludicrous. all the registers are spread out, so line ups are all over the place and you can't see anything in the display when you are standing at the register. whoever came up with that has clearly never been to a coffee shop as a customer.

edit to add: this new theme popping up everywhere of having tv commercials on the menu screens is also crazy. the entire menu disappears for 20 seconds to show you a picture of one food item... fantastic usability *rolleyes*

Old Posted Dec 7, 2014, 6:00 AM

Old one on left, new one being built on right.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Culture, Dining, Sports & Recreation