HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
I like it - a bit of blue mountain in hamilton lol
too bad noone will ever see it - this is a rather vastly gated community..

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 7:09 PM
Concerned Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronamut View Post
too bad noone will ever see it - this is a rather vastly gated community..
No it's not, anyone can drive through. Go through there all the time. The only things that are gated are the parking areas.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguy1231 View Post
No it's not, anyone can drive through. Go through there all the time. The only things that are gated are the parking areas.
ah interesting - ive only ever seen the massive fence around the entire property going by it

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 8:01 PM

90% of the 'Village' is gated. There are 3 gates. The extended care building (the one you can see from Rymal) is the only one you can drive to, but that has security in the building. The new building on this thread is gated as well. My mom has lived there for 25 years.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 8:21 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Wait so is this or is this not a cult? I was always told this was a super secretive cult community lol

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 9:05 PM

It was a pretty good deal for my mom. The place, when initially set up, was an annuity where you paid based on your age. I don't know what the number was, probably around 85, which was the age they assumed you statistically may die. So when you bought in at say 75, your payments were based on the years before age 85. If you died before that, sorry you lose and walk (or carried in a box) away. If you make it past that date you win and can stay there for basically the 'condo' fees for the rest of your life. My mom's 97 and still chuggin along. The place is amazing. 1500 square ft 2+bedrooms 2 baths. Saint Elizabeth is long gone and they've stopped the annuity cause they lost all sorts of money with people outliving their number. The townhomes are now big bucks$$$

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 11:24 PM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEC View Post
Wait so is this or is this not a cult? I was always told this was a super secretive cult community lol
Nah. The cults are in the mansions on rural roads in Flamborough, Ancaster, and Glanbrook... the ones that look like they may have a false basement wall that hides the dungeon/"activity" room. Might be a couple off Ridge Rd. in Stoney Creek and Grimsby as well.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
Nah. The cults are in the mansions on rural roads in Flamborough, Ancaster, and Glanbrook... the ones that look like they may have a false basement wall that hides the dungeon/"activity" room. Might be a couple off Ridge Rd. in Stoney Creek and Grimsby as well.
They say the old cardinal newman east campus in winona after the amalgamation hosted a moonie cult, not sure if that was true..

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton