HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 11:50 PM

Salt Lake City & MSA/CSA Rundown

Central Metro - Little Cottonwood Canyon, Snowbird Resort

https://epiconeadventures.com/wp-con...now-Bird-1.jpg

Last edited by delts145; Sep 29, 2020 at 10:45 PM.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 11:52 PM

Downtown West - The Village At North Station

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
A large apartment complex has filed for a Design Review. https://citizenportal.slcgov.com/Cit...howInspection= The project will be replacing a portion of the Diamond Parking lot near the airport (though it sounds like this portion hasn't been used for a while).

Preliminary Project Description

Wow, North Temple is definitely not hurting for new development. This one is big, even by that areas standards. Thankfully, the linear feet is mostly in depth, not on the North Temple TRAX line. Kudo's to the developers, getting it located right at the light rail station. Obviously, this is a preliminary proposal and I'm sure the city will require a number of adjustments. I was just looking at its neighbor this morning, the recently completed Lotus Townhomes. Amazing how much development is going up on North Temple, but we all predicted the rail line to the airport would make it happen. These thousands of units going up are going to be so convenient and much needed for the hyper growth in the area, particularly with young singles. Right on the TRAX line, five minutes to the new Int. Airport and five minutes to Downtown in the other direction, plus surrounded by three major freeways and the Legacy Highway. This corridor is turning into a developers goldmine.

Recently completed neighbor, The Lotus Townhomes

Last edited by delts145; Sep 23, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 10:53 AM

________________________________________________________________Downtown West Update - The Granary District - The 'INDUSTRY' Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Building Salt Lake gave us another great update on the Granary.
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/the...kL5CNZkJtCoVj0

...Industry and another partner Qfactor are making plans to develop the block to the east of Industry's newly completed warehouse office adaptive re-use.

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article and additional photos @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/the...kL5CNZkJtCoVj0

Huge, defining projects are being built

...As INDUSTRY’s next-gen office space on 500 West comes together, it is building with its partner Q Factor a seven-story, 927-stall parking garage in the middle of the block between 500 + 400 West and 600 + 700 South.
Their proposal is requesting relief from the 60 ft height restriction and requirements for front and rear yard setbacks, and is nearing a hearing with the Planning Commission for design and planned development review.
Q Factor’s Jesse Dean told us that the garage is being built with sprinklers and a high floor-to-floor ratio that will allow its easy conversion to multi-family residential in the future if the area’s transit options grow. The convertible design
has cost the developers approximately 30% more than the typical 18,000-$20,000 per structured parking stall.The parking garage is intended to service all of INDUSTRY’s planned construction in the District, plus Lake Union Partners’
adaptive reuse project on the southeast side of the block, on 400 West and 700 South...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah_Amazing View Post
The thing I find most interesting about the parking garage is that it includes a large climbing wall and gym as part of it. Also I love that they are retrofitting the parking structure so that it can be turned into housing units in the future.

From the BSL article
https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/the...kL5CNZkJtCoVj0

I also pulled the images from engine 8 themselves, since I they are larger and clearer then the ones from BSL. https://www.engine8designs.com/climb...et76ry9r8v5vg6

Last edited by delts145; Sep 23, 2020 at 11:54 AM.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 11:48 AM

Downtown West, The Granary District - The 'EVO' Project

Luke Garrott Reports - Full Article @ https://www.buildingsaltlake.com/the...kL5CNZkJtCoVj0

...The construction fences are up for Seattle-based Lake Union’s project with the outdoor retailer evo. They are promising unique retail, restaurants, co-working space, music and movie venues, an art gallery as well as outdoor recreation facilities...

https://www.evo.com/locations/salt-lake-city

Locals Lloyd Architects are the designers for the eclectic and ambitious adaptive reuse project of Lake Union Partners at 700 South and 400 West. Photo by Luke Garrott.

https://static.evo.com/content/cms/l...-3_desktop.png

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 12:46 PM

Update, Sugar House District - Park Avenue Project

Latest ABIDrone Flyover - September 15th - The 40 Park Avenue Construction : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKjloDkObT0

Sugar House Park

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/ca...6ce0a255d4.jpg

This enthusiastically welcomed development was formerly the giant parking lot of the big-box retailer Shopko. We all love getting rid of big parking lots.
Both the 80 and 60 Park Ave. structures are now completed. The 40 Park structure is progressing rapidly as you can see in the ABIDrone flyover

https://redirectdigital.com/wp-conte...rk_ave_slc.jpg

Under Construction - Updated Rendering - The 1240 Park Avenue Apartments

The updated rendering, showing front changes. They've also added an additional floor. This updated rendering was released a little over a month ago.

https://www.connect.media/wp-content...dering-SLC.jpg

Park Avenue Developments

The buildings are replacing 9 acres of underutilized land near the heart of Sugar House. There are two new east-to-west streets to the north and south of the
development that will connect Highland Drive to 1300 East. The development will also include two new north to south throughways connecting Ashton to Stringham.

Aerial of projects as seen from the I-80 and 1300 East Interchange

Rendering of the clock tower looking southwest from Stringham Avenue. Image courtesy Dixon Architects.

Rendering, University of Utah Medical Extension Rehab Center

Construction Completed

Rendering of the now completed new Office Building

Sugar House - Crede Residential Launch Development - https://www.connect.media/crede-cott...ent-on-slc-mf/

Irvine, CA-headquartered CREDE broke ground on Park Avenue Apartments, a 238-unit multifamily complex in Salt Lake City’s Sugar House community. Developed in partnership with Salt Lake City-based Cottonwood Residential, the project is set for a Q4 2021 delivery.

CREDE’s Colby Durnin says, “Park Avenue Apartments will provide highly desirable apartments in the burgeoning Sugar House area. The economic growth of Utah and Salt Lake City in particular, have led to a strong need for new residential options, as more companies relocate or open offices in Salt Lake City.”

The mid-rise 238-unit project will offer studio, one and two-bedroom apartment homes. Each unit will include nine-foot ceilings, luxury vinyl wood plank flooring, upgraded cabinetry and stone countertops, with most units having a balcony or patio. The building will also feature 1,400 square feet of retail space, a fitness center, and a resort-style pool with an outdoor terrace that includes fire pits, barbecues and two hot tubs.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 10:09 PM

800 South State

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
There's a work session for the first part of the Sears Block development scheduled for the planning committee meeting tonight. This is about the previously-discussed Z-shaped 11-story building proposed to go at the corner of 800 S and State Street.

http://www.slcdocs.com/Planning/Plan.../00439Memo.pdf

Overall I think this is a good start and the developers seem to understand the potential of the block. The apartment and retail look very solid and I'm not too bothered about the long facade given the other features.

That said, I do think they should allow more space for on-street dining out front. I'm also concerned about the proposed interior park - it is completely surrounded by roads. That seems to defeat the purpose of having an interior park in a supposed pedestrian-freindly development. Hopefully the work session addresses that in some way, but the park isn't part of this particular proposal, so there's still plenty of time for things to change. I also heard early on that they wanted to find a way to keep the taco carts on that corner around, but I didn't see anything about it in the document.

Still I'm excited to see some real, actual mixed-use development come to that portion of State Street. It is much needed.

I noticed the document had some updated renderings, so I thought I'd post them for everyone.

*They labeled this next one as 'northwest corner,' but I'm pretty sure its northeast, so oops on their part.

They also included slightly updated drawings for the west side of the project - not sure why they didn't continue with the rendering style above, but whatever.

I really like that they also included in this rendering the other surrounding under construction residential projects in the area. I'm not sure why they have the words 'The Jetty' above this project, unless that is the intended final name for the development.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 11:33 AM

^^^
I'm anxious to see downtown's density like this project stretch down to 21st S. and South Salt Lake, and over to 600 West. I don't think it's a stretch to predict it will happen over this next decade, or as the Olympics approach.
Given the length of Salt Lake's giant blocks, once they are filled in with mid and high-rise density, it will be quite the sizable, and very impressive downtown.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 24, 2020 at 11:45 AM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 11:45 AM

Sugar House District Update - Dixon Place

Original Copy By Isaac Riddle @ BuildingSaltLake.com Sugar House’s building boom looks like it will hold steady over the next few years, including in the immediate area surrounding the
Fairmont S-Line Station. Developers, Lowe Property Group, are building Dixon Place, a six-story, 59-unit residential mixed-use development at the southwest corner of Elm Avenue and McClelland Street.

The project will replace a 0.5-acre surface parking lot and will have a mix of one and two bedroom apartments that will range in size from 562 square feet to 1,263 square feet. The development will have five floors of residential above a
two story-parking podium with 61 parking stalls. Each unit will have a balcony and floors two through six will be setback at the podium level which will allow for roof decks fronting Elm Avenue and McClelland Street atop the podium...The
project will be less than a half-block away from the Fairmont S-Line Station and Fairmont Park and will be on of many projects under construction in the streetcar station’s immediate vicinity...

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...1%2C1142&ssl=1

April 30th

Photo By Atlas

June 18th

Photo By Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
This image may be a few weeks old but I found it on the Dixon Place page on MVE's website:
Note the Sugarmont Project at the top of the photo, sitting just across the street from The Dixon.

August 14th

Photo By Scott Harding

August 28th

Photo By Atlas

Sugar House District Update - The Sugarmont

Original Copy By Isaac Riddle @ BuildingSaltLake.com - The Sugarmont Apartments residential project to be completed in the Sugar House Business District will be one of the largest residential projects in
the Sugar House District. Boulder Ventures’ eight-story 352-unit project is fully framed out and exterior work has commenced. The project replaced the former Granite Furniture warehouses. The first phase of this project, 2100 Sugarhouse,
saw the conversion of the former Granite Furniture showroom into smaller retail spaces.

This large residential project will contain a mix of 34 studio apartments, 206 one-bedrooms, 93 two-bedrooms and 19 three-bedroom townhome units. The project’s two buildings sit between Elm Avenue and Sugarmont Drive along
McClelland Street. The project wraps around a parcel on the southwest corner of Elm Avenue and Highland Drive.

Photo By Atlas

Photo By Atlas

Update: The project is in the late stages with finishing work now occurring outside and inside the structure. Big D Construction is now in full construction mode with 110 construction workers on site, mostly working on the interior spaces.
They are projecting Phase I occupancy to be in early Fall with total completion in about fifteen months.
Periodic lane closures, particularly north bound McClelland, may still occur as large trucks baring materials enter or leave the work site. Flagmen will be on hand to assist traffic on these occasions. As part of the last phases of the project
the SE McClelland Street frontage will undergo some improvements that will include re-paving, curb & gutter replacement, and a raised crosswalk at the McClelland/Sugarmont intersection. This work now looks to be taking place early to
mid-July.

- Completion: First phase, fall 2020; complete summer 2021.

August

Quote:
Regarding the Sugarmont, some of the exterior covering has been coming off lately and the building looks largely finished underneath. Next time I am over there, I will snap a photo.

Photo By Scott Harding

August 28th

...the coverings on the northeast side are coming down. The parts that are still covered seemed like they were still unfinished...

Photo By Atlas

Last edited by delts145; Jan 3, 2021 at 12:20 PM.

Old Posted Sep 24, 2020, 12:45 PM

Salt Lake City International & Delta's Newest Skyclub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePusherMan View Post

I feel like the airport opening today deserves some main thread chatter! The Delta Sky Club looks pretty awesome. https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...lake-city/amp/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvland View Post
Just got back from Mexico. Flights were too early/late to really dig in but we rolled through and the Sky club is phenomenal. Vast majority of retail kiosks are not open yet. The entire airport experience is surreal. Felt like I was not in SLC at all. Right on par with some of the off continent airport experiences in Europe and Asia. Newness aside, it is easily the nicest airport in America right now. When it's done it is an absolute game-changer. The biggest change in Utah since the Olympics IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
^

I find this stuff just magnificent.

That's why upscale contemporary design is so enjoyable, taking advantage of both modernism and post-modernism.

The pieces of contemporary art really add a fine touch of global culture to the whole thing made up of quality materials.

Well, it's just pretty perfect.

All images by Zach Griff/The Points Guy

As you pass through “The Canyon,” you’ll catch a first glimpse of the upper-level of the Sky Club. Once you turn right, you’ll immediately see signs for the Sky Club.

https://i1.wp.com/thepointsguy.com/w...1-3.jpeg?ssl=1

The entrance is hard to miss. Once you enter, there are two receptionists to help check you in.

The lobby level is also where you’ll first notice pieces from the lounge’s thoughtful artwork collection. But don’t snap pics just yet, it only gets better once you ascend the escalator.

The first thing you’ll notice is the first of two marble-clad bars with backlit lighting.

To your right is one of the lounge’s many seating areas. In total, there’s seating for more than 340 during the pandemic. That will grow to more than 600 in a post-social distancing era,
hopefully helping to alleviate overcrowding once travel demand returns following the pandemic. There are plenty of seating options here — ranging from high-tops to benches to individual tables.

The third section has a mixture of workstations and recliners.

Then, you’ll pass through the lounge’s second bar, along with the second buffet before getting to the second main seating area.

For aviation enthusiasts like me, the hands-down best feature of the lounge is the covered Sky Deck, offering unparalleled views of the airfield and Wasatch mountain range.
There’s plenty of seating here, and — thanks to fans and heaters — the Sky Deck is where you’ll find me sitting year-round. Overall, the layout is quite simply one of the best
I’ve seen for airport lounges. The varied seating types, along with the custom-designed finishes, make this a space that you’ll want to visit...Copy By Zach Griff/The Points Guy

7 customer-friendly innovations at Delta’s newest and largest Sky Club that could become the norm

By Zach Griff - https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-...c-innovations/
In case you missed it, Delta, along with Salt Lake City airport authorities, opened a brand-new terminal.

The new 4 million square foot Phase I terminal represents a massive transformation for flyers passing through SLC. Expect wide hallways, plenty of restrooms, top-notch retailers, 50-foot-high floor-to-ceiling windows and more. Tuesday’s grand opening marks the first phase of a multi-year project aimed at modernizing the nearly 50-year-old facility...

...So let’s now take a closer look at some of the new innovations that Delta employed at this new outpost that we hope keep spreading.

Self-check-in kiosks

Delta’s at the forefront of anti-coronavirus measures with its so-called CareStandard pledge. That promise covers the end-to-end travel journey, including the Sky Club lounges.

And when you enter the SLC lounge for the first time, you’ll notice that there aren’t just two receptionists waiting to greet you behind plexiglass. There are also four self-check-in kiosks that allow you to scan your boarding pass for automated, touchless entry to the lounge. Adding touchless entry kiosks doesn’t just help reduce touchpoints during a pandemic. With SLC being Delta’s busiest western hub, there are thousands of flyers passing through the Sky Club every day.

By automating entry, the carrier is also reducing the number of people queuing to enter.

In most cases, you’d need to visit a receptionist or shower attendant and get added to a standby list. You’d then receive a pager or a get called on the intercom when the shower was clean. Delta has a solution to modernize this queuing experience. When the showers open at the SLC club, there will be a digital kiosk that you can use to sign up for a shower (and get in line for personalized reservation assistance during irregular operations). You’ll then receive a text message
once the shower is clean and available.

The kiosk first debuted in Detroit, and guests love it, said Claude Roussel, managing director of Sky Clubs. And fortunately, “we’re planning to install it at other lounges,” Roussel added.

Have you ever wanted to have a sensitive phone conversation in an airport lounge? Well, unless you’re visiting during an off-peak time, odds are that your seating neighbors overhead what you were saying. In the Salt Lake City outpost,
Delta has a solution. The airline installed six individual Framery phone booths, as well as one handicapped accessible booth. These soundproof rooms are the perfect place to catch up with work or friends back home.Roussel noted that the
phone booths are in a pilot phase in Salt Lake. Hopefully, the airline receives positive feedback and adds them network-wide.

The pandemic has airlines rethinking the number of passenger touchpoints — especially in restrooms. Though touchless flushing and faucets are widespread, entering and exiting the bathroom still usually requires touching a handle.
Unless you’re in the Salt Lake City Sky Club. Both sets of restrooms feature touchless entry and exit. All you need to do is wave your hand by a sensor, and the door automatically opens for you. It’s magic for germaphobes and a welcome improvement for everyone during the pandemic.

Delta has installed what I’d call the Airbus A350 of coffee machines in the new SLC lounge. The Eversys coffee machines are sleek, modern, easy-to-use and futuristic — just like Delta’s flagship Airbus A350. Each machine has two operating spouts, allowing two guests to dispense coffee at the same time. Furthermore, if one side breaks, the other will remain operational. And finally, the machine is connected to the internet. When beans are running low or a part needs fixing, lounge attendants will receive a push notification — and address it immediately. Each machine has two operating spouts, allowing two guests to dispense coffee at the same time.

Locally inspired art

Over the past few years, Delta has opened new lounges in Austin, New Orleans and Phoenix. One similarity across these new Sky Clubs is the tastefully curated artwork adorning the walls. As you might expect,
Delta has upped the ante in its latest club now open at SLC. There are multiple unique installations that exude a sense of calm amidst the otherwise crowded terminal. Many of the pieces are designed by locally renowned artists.
By investing in a regionally inspired art program, Delta’s Sky Clubs begin to look less like airport lounges and more like hotel lobbies.

https://i2.wp.com/thepointsguy.com/w...-64.jpeg?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/thepointsguy.com/w...-63.jpeg?ssl=1

The cool new workstations

Delta clearly seems to be listening to customer feedback. (So if you’ve received a post-flight survey, be sure to answer it.) When the carrier opened a new Sky Club in Seattle, it tested out a new seating concept — a souped-up version
of the college lecture desk. These workstations feature a sliding desk, footrest, storage area, lamp and power outlets. According to Roussel, the airline received overwhelmingly positive feedback, and that’s why they’ve been installed
in the new SLC lounge.

Bottom Line

Though we’re in the midst of a pandemic, Delta is chugging along with its multiple airport redevelopment projects.

The newest terminal to open in Salt Lake City features a massive, flagship Sky Club that’s sure to be a hit with the carrier’s premium flyers.

As the airline continues building new lounges and renovating existing ones, hopefully, all of the innovations that Delta included in SLC make their way across the network.

All images by Zach Griff/The Points Guy

Last edited by delts145; Sep 25, 2020 at 7:38 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 12:55 AM

Last edited by delts145; Nov 2, 2020 at 5:19 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 10:41 AM

Update, Downtown Adj. - University Of Utah Stadium Project

‘We’ve got one shot to get this right and that’s our absolute plan’...Rice-Eccles getting $80 million in enhancements.

By Dirk Facer

https://www.deseret.com/2019/11/30/2...tadium-project

SALT LAKE CITY — The University of Utah broke ground back in November — albeit in ceremonial fashion — on its new Ken Garff Performance Zone. Dignitaries in hard hats used gold shovels to turn some dirt on the $80 million project
that officially began in January...When complete in the summer of 2021, the Ken Garff Performance Zone will bring significant enhancements to the stadium. The existing building and stands in the south end zone will be replaced by a
structure featuring new locker rooms, meeting spaces and premium seating. It’ll enclose the stadium and raise the capacity for Utah football games from 45,807 to 51,444. Funds for the project are being covered by donations and future
revenue streams associated with the new suites, loge boxes, ledge seating, stadium club, field-level club, rooftop terrace, and benches. The zone will also include sports medicine and hospitality areas, as well as spaces for equipment, media,
and a recruiting lounge. Harlan said it will be one of the best facilities in the country when completed.

University members and donating families participate in the groundbreaking ceremony for the new Ken Garff Performance Zone before the start of an NCAA football game
between the Utah Utes and Colorado Buffaloes at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City on Saturday, Nov. 30, 2019. Colter Peterson, Deseret News

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/WAzl...in_27345.0.jpg

Picture By Jeffrey D. Allred , The Deseret News - The current configuration of the University of Utah's Rice-Eccles Stadium is pictured.

Rederings, newly expanded stadium

A few new renderings from this link: https://www.kengarffperformancezone.com/

Olympic Cauldron relocated to make way for Stadium Expansion

SALT LAKE CITY — Cranes and construction workers surrounded the Olympic Cauldron Park Thursday afternoon in preparation for the Rice-Eccles stadium expansion, only to face a small hiccup.

...Original plans to move the 72-foot tall 2002 Olympic Cauldron were postponed to Friday when the moving company, Mountain Crane, realized the cauldron was bolted down to 2 feet of cement, making it substantially
more heavy than originally estimated. A crane to handle the now estimated 56,000-pound cauldron was brought in, and Friday morning, crews moved the structure. For about a year, the cauldron will relocate to a secured location
for refurbishments while construction for the Ken Garff Performance Zone is underway.

By football season 2021, the cauldron will be back on the University of Utah campus permanently. Preliminary work for stadium expansion began in January on the south side of the stadium. According to Paul Kirk, the associate athletic
director for communications at the University of Utah, the Performance Zone will replace a majority of the Olympic Cauldron Park creating 5,000 more available seats, which will include premium seating options, bringing
the new seating capacity to a little more than 51,000. Seating on the south end zone will be torn down after the 2020 football season. Reconstruction plans have always encompassed the cauldron, Kirk told KSL.com.

The new cauldron will sit on a 16-18 foot concrete pedestal west of its current location south of the stadium to protect the structure and make it more visible to the general public. The new plaza will also incorporate a water feature
surrounding the cauldron, to commemorate the theme of fire and ice from the 2002 winter Olympics.

A full refurbishing process will include removing all 738 individual glass panes from the cauldron, replacing them with new glass and LED lights. Due to weather and time, the cauldron’s current glass panes are deteriorating.
Plans for the new glass will include similar bright colors from the 2002 cauldron.

The cauldron's infrastructure will also change from its original fire winding up the feature and water cooling system.“We're not using natural gas that’s contributing to pollution,” said Shawn Wood, community liaison and communications
specialist for the University of Utah. “It's gonna be a lot more energy-efficient.” Wood told KSL.com that they want to make it last another 18 years, and even longer.

Once back in place, the cauldron will continue to only be lit for special occasions.

“It’s one of those things that we want to keep special,” Wood said. “We just want to continue on with that legacy. The 2002 Olympics was one of the most successful Olympics,
and we just want to continue to make the culture last as long as it can.”

Crews move the 2002 Winter Olympic cauldron at Rice-Eccles Stadium in Salt Lake City on Friday, Feb. 14, 2020. The cauldron will be moved to a temporary location where
it will be refurbished while work is completed on the stadium’s expansion project, after which it will be returned to a new pedestal at the stadium. Spenser Heaps, Deseret News

Architectural renderings of what the new cauldron plaza will look like once complete. (Photo courtesy University of Utah)

https://img.ksl.com/slc/2773/277397/27739759.png

September 3rd, 2020

Quote:
The old south endzone complex at Rice-Eccles has been demolished

Photo By Atlas

September 20th

Quote:
Some nice drone shots of the construction at Rice-Eccles on Utehub today:

Last edited by delts145; Oct 25, 2020 at 12:17 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 11:05 AM

Downtown Update - 95 So. State - Under Construction - June through September Timeline

https://kutv.com/resources/media/dd4...?1556058476688

View of the 95 S. State Office Tower site on the left and the Liberty Sky Residential Tower site on the right. Background and rising above downtown to the Northeast is the Avenues District

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

https://i2.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/www.buildingsaltla...er-8.png?ssl=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by meman View Post
Does anyone know when the steel is scheduled to start going up on Tower 8? The central elevator core is pretty tall, it appears to be about 10 storys tall?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
They have been pouring concrete for the first floor/ground level. I would think that once this is complete and set, we would start to see steel rise. I think this may be in the next 2 weeks. That would give the core another 1 or 2 levels.

June 18th

Pic By Atlas

July 29th

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
Updated images of 95 State I took yesterday:
Steel rising!

Rendering, looking south toward north face of 95 S. State Tower, mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy structure on the left

Photo taken July 28th - Looking north, showing a partial view of subterranean structures at the bottom of photo with mid-block Social Hall Avenue and Canopy in the background.

Photo By RC14

Quote:
Excellent shot of 95 So. State today from u/chaunceton on the subreddit:
August 12th

August 26th

Quote:
95 State and Liberty Sky rising

Webcam

August 28th

Quote:
95 State starting to make a big impact at City Creek:

Photos By Atlas

September 12th

Photo By Scott Harding

September 20th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highrise_Mike View Post
I was downtown yesterday and snapped some quick pics for project updates!

Photos By Highrise_ Mike

Last edited by delts145; Oct 9, 2020 at 11:13 AM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 7:46 PM

Downtown West - Another Major Development Unveiled For The Depot District - The 'Cinq' Project

Quote:
A new project from db URBAN called "CINQ" was submitted to the city for design review. It looks to be a large new housing development with some adaptive reuse and ground floor commercial.

And guess where it's located?

The Depot District!

The project site occupies the N.W. corner of the intersection of 200 South and 500 West. On this site are two existing buildings. The first building is a vacant retail storefront on the West end of the site that will be removed. The second building is a vacant four-level, concrete warehouse, that is located almost in the center of the 200 South streetscape.

The existing warehouse will have a portion of the structure removed from the rear, to facilitate the new structure wrapping the West, North and East sides. The exterior facade adjacent to 200 South will remain and be repaired and stabilized.

This project will deliver a 203-unit apartment building, consisting of a two-story podium at street level with five wood framed stories above. (See, enclosed concept plans). The streetscape will consist of an active mix of retail, tenant amenity space, and live/work studios. Parking required by this zone has been met with integrated onsite enclosed parking garage capable of housing 125 vehicles.

Given the direct proximity to the Old Green Town Trax Station and the Gateway commercial development, we believe that this design will not only meet the City’s vision for this district but will also enhance the area by adding a walkable, active, transit-oriented, multi-family option for City Resident in an area that is currently vacant.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 25, 2020 at 8:09 PM.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2020, 7:48 PM

Downtown Update - Renderings for the Upcoming Pantages Tower Released

Quote:
Regarding the Design Studio for the 'Cinq'. From the letterhead on the documents, I think its Dwell design studio: https://www.dwelldesignstudio.com/

Looking through that website, it looks like they're doing the Utah Theater tower too. Feast your eyes on these renderings!

"Main Street Apartments"

Last edited by delts145; Mar 9, 2021 at 3:49 PM.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 11:01 AM

Downtown Update - Liberty Sky - June through September

“We’re excited to see residential on State Street, which is a fairly new addition to the ecosystem,” said Christian Harrison, the Downtown Community Council chairman.
“It is a good sign that State Street is turning a corner. We do hope it spurs more development farther south along State Street.”

“Offices are daytime [operations] and don’t create vibrancy or activity in the evenings. In downtown, they create dead zones,” Planning Director Norris added. “Apartments put eyes on
public spaces basically all day long. Those residents tend to go out at night and walk around the neighborhood. It enlivens downtown.”

(Artist's rendition courtesy of Cowboy Properties) Cowboy Properties and Boyer Co. are looking to build a 24-story apartment building on the east side of State Street between
the Federal Building on 100 South and the Maverik headquarters building on 200 South. The $90 million project is being praised for its prospects of bringing more residents to downtown Salt Lake City.

The Salt Lake Tribune - By Mike Gorrell - Convinced that downtown living is increasingly desirable, real-estate developers Cowboy Properties and Boyer Co. are building a 24-story apartment building on State Street between 100 and 200 South...

...The $90 million high-rise would include roughly 300 apartment units and a rooftop swimming pool. A five-story parking terrace would be built on its east side, hidden from street views by surrounding buildings.

Although rent levels would vary, Cowboy Properties President and CEO Dan Lofgren said most would cost near the “top of the market in today’s market. We’ll have studios to very large two bedrooms, units that
go for under $1,000 [a month] while some of the largest will be several thousand.”...

...“As the downtown residential market has evolved, and as we massaged what we thought was the best option, this residential tower emerged,” Lofgren said. “Downtown Salt Lake City has become an amenity-rich environment.
It’s become a great neighborhood. The pieces that were missing 10 years ago — not that it was bad then — are now filled in.“

First and foremost: the Harmons City Creek market at 135 E. 100 South. “The grocery store makes it a neighborhood,” Lofgren said. “For many household configurations, the option of living downtown has become the
preferred option. These are households hoping to live without a car, households looking for the convenience of being close to work, households energized by all the activities downtown,
households attracted to this notion of a high-rise and the views and lifestyle it offers.”

At the projected rent levels, he sees these apartments appealing to people working at high-tech and financial-services companies, law firms and banks. Retirees also are likely renters, Lofgren added,
“drawn especially by the arts downtown — the symphony, the ballet, Eccles Theater. That’s a pretty full basket of offerings.”...

...Planning Director Norris said the shift from office tower to residential high-rise is “certainly consistent with our master plan policies, which try to increase the number of people living downtown.”

June 18th

Pic by Atlas

June 29th

Pic By Luke Garrott @ BuildingSaltLake.com

July 28th

Photo By RC14

August 28th

Liberty Sky is on the 7th floor, 17+ more to go.

Pic By Atlas

September 12th

Pic By Scott Harding

September 20th

Photo By Highrise_Mike

September 25th

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbutah View Post
Liberty Sky appears to be getting first residential floor glass today...

Photo By MSBUtah

Last edited by delts145; Nov 28, 2020 at 10:32 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2020, 1:00 PM

Downtown Update - Hyatt Regency, Convention Center Hotel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
2020 will be the year of the tower crane for SLC

April 15th - Photo By Luke Garrott of BuildingSaltLake.com

Convention center hotel project from 200 South, at West Temple. Photo by Luke Garrott.

Construction on the hotel started Jan. 13 and the grand opening is scheduled for October 2022.

Jason Lee for the Deseret News...Salt Lake County officials, in conjunction with Atlanta-based real estate developer Portman Holdings, broke ground Friday on the building, which the Hyatt Hotels Corp.
will manage and operate as the new Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City. The new hotel will be located at the corner of 200 South and West Temple in downtown Salt Lake City, adjacent to the Salt Palace Convention Center.

Scheduled to open in October 2022, the $377-million project will be partially financed through the Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy program, which allows for specialty financing to enable green energy design and implementation,
a news release stated. The 700-plus room hotel will be among the first “ground-up” developments to utilize the program in the Beehive State...

...“It gives us another layer of sophistication when it comes to attracting bigger and better shows to the state of Utah that helps the entire area. Utah’s going to take a better step in terms of prominence on the national stage because of a
facility like this,” he said. “People that hadn’t considered the state before are now going to say, ‘I need to look at Utah, I need to be in Utah for these conventions.’ That’s what kind of prominence this new center is going to give us.”

The 686,784-square-foot, 26-story hotel will include 700 guest rooms and 60,000 square feet of meeting space, as well as two separate restaurants on the first and sixth floors and a lobby bar. The sixth-floor restaurant will sit adjacent to
an outdoor area with a swimming pool, as well as a 7,500-square-foot outdoor terrace for events and other activities.

The project will be directly connected to the Salt Palace Convention Center to provide convenience for convention attendees, Baisiwala said...

...“This hotel is built directly into the convention center, which makes it exceptionally easy for the convention attendees to go in and out from their hotel rooms into the convention center,” he said. “Perhaps more importantly, it has a lot
of suites — big rooms where VIPs can be housed. And it also has a lot of meeting space which augments the number of meeting rooms of the Salt Palace.”

Salt Lake City's Salt Palace Convention Center. Convention Center Hotel to rise at the far south end pictured here.

https://www.monaco-saltlakecity.com/...r-c3205e56.jpg

Note the Circular Plaza at the bottom, which was the former appearance of the plaza that has now become the construction zone of the new Convention Center Hotel

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...55/SLC+library

May 25th

Quote:
Still mostly foundation work at the Hyatt Regency site (yesterday). It's a big hole in the ground:

Pic By Atlas

August 14th

Pic By Stayinginformed

August 14th
Steel Above Ground at the CCH Site

Pic By Stayinginformed

Sept 5th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Apparently there was a big concrete pour of the foundation this last weekend. https://www.linkedin.com/posts/portm...647171584-nFH9

Sept 20th

Photos By Highrise_Mike

Last edited by delts145; Mar 26, 2022 at 3:25 PM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2020, 1:08 PM

Downtown - The Regent Street Hotel - Preliminary Renderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoe View Post
What's the latest on the Regent Street project? Have new details emerged? Renderings?

I heard a rumor it will be 40 stories and 450'. Wondering if that's true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
I only heard it was going to be taller than the 330' or so of the original design. I haven't heard of a finalized design yet but I would think they should be close.

I would love it to be around 450' only because of Kensington directly to the East also just under 450'.

There is something nice about seeing multiple buildings coming soon around the 450' height range.

This was also a height talked about for the Hines tower to replace the Utah Theater.

Note: Parking Lot pictured immediately to the right of 'The Regent' is now under planning and development for Salt Lake's newest residential tower, "The Kensington".

https://file.phorio.com/photo/198599010/mars/image.jpg

Pictured, The upcoming Kensington Residential Tower, which will sit directly to the right of 'The Regent Hotel'.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/bv88...lin_7855.0.jpg

...And to the right and across the street from The Regent and The Kensingston will sit The Liberty Sky residential tower, which is currently under construction.

https://www.smallwood-us.com/assets/..._h_5EKOv4q.png

Downtown - The Regent Hotel - Luxurious Boutique Hotel Coming To The New Regent Street

It was predicted by many that with the development of the spectacular multi-billion
dollar City Creek Center, exciting and diverse projects would soon spring
up throughout the Downtown District. A new world class Performing
Arts Center/Theater, 111 Tower and a revived Regent St. are but a
few of the recently completed projects surrounding City Creek.
The excitement continues to build throughout Downtown as dozens of
large major projects progress through their proposals and
beginning construction phases. Highly anticipated is this beautiful
boutique hotel tower, 'The Regent'.

PRELIMINARY PROJECT DESCRIPTION
The Regent Street Hotel is a preliminarily proposed 330-plus foot tower with 20-plus full stories topped by a roof deck and lounge.(Plans to increase height are currently in flux.) Plans include an enclosed portion
of the roof deck lounge and 3 stories of public, meeting and amenity space, The roof deck has 4,000 SF in enclosed space, 6,290 SF in deck and open space, and 1,450 SF in mechanical space.

Last edited by delts145; Sep 30, 2020 at 11:48 AM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2020, 11:25 AM

Downtown Update - Mixed-Use Tower Planned For West Temple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperlord View Post
Held Properties has sold their property at 370 South West Temple.

The new owner is:
370 SOUTH WEST TEMPLE LLC
Address:
C/O THE DOMAIN COMPANIES LLC, 11 PARK PLACE, SUITE 1705, NEW YORK, NEW YORK, 10007
PROPERTY TYPE - PRELIMINARY BREAKDOWN
Residential, Retail and Hospitality - Coworking - Mixed-Used, Transit-Oriented Development

APARTMENTS

RETAIL SPACE
6,200sf

OFFICE SPACE
58,000sf

28-PLUS FLOORS

ARCHITECT
Solomon Cordwell Buenz

DEVELOPMENT COST
$230M

FINANCING
Fundamental Partners

COMPLETION DATE
Late 2023

SUSTAINABILITY
Enterprise Green Communities
Fitwel Healthy Building Certification

The Domain Companies are currently finishing up developing 'The Exchange Project' across the street from the SLC library.

Pictured, The Exchange, which is the Domain Companies current project, approaching completion.

https://thedomaincos.com/wp-content/...cf_cropped.jpg

Last edited by delts145; Sep 30, 2020 at 11:28 AM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 10:00 PM

Update - Sugar House District - The Twenty Ones Project

Quote:
Another development on the agenda of the planning commission today is Twenty Ones, which is meant to replace the whole corner of 21st and 21st (where the Blue Plate is). I assume the Blue Plate will get a new space in the development but I don't know for sure.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 10:27 PM

Parting Shot - Salt Lake City's Millcreek Canyon

https://dtjew9b6f6zyn.cloudfront.net...16056832_o.jpg

Last edited by delts145; Mar 26, 2022 at 3:30 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations