HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 21, 2010, 6:43 AM

On Wednesday night (I believe), the Austonian was lit up with only the blue neon rail along the top -- not the "half moon" areas that are typically lit up white. It actually looked pretty cool, and quite different from any other time I had seen it. The neon strip is quite prominent when the half-moon areas aren't lit up. Gives it a bit of the same feel as the Bank of America building in Dallas. I took some cell phone pics, but they aren't really good.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2010, 8:55 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

I thought it was neat but I do like all the lighting lit up better, especially the north and south ends of the crown. For awhile they were not lighting them but over the past few nights I have noticed they are lit again. Its very hard to notice that building from the north or south without the lighting. I think you can see the neon lighting better from the north and south even with the white lighting on top rather than the east or west sides.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2010, 5:36 AM

Tonight it looks like they have the workout room (or club room, can't really tell) lit up. It looks at least as bright as the 360 spine. The other crown lights are also on. The blue neon ring around the crown is interrupted by one section of pink. I guess they are still working out the kinks.

Old Posted May 23, 2011, 6:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myomi View Post
Tonight it looks like they have the workout room (or club room, can't really tell) lit up. It looks at least as bright as the 360 spine. The other crown lights are also on. The blue neon ring around the crown is interrupted by one section of pink. I guess they are still working out the kinks.
The first light in that line had gone out and wasn't passing data along to the rest. Took a lot longer than I would have liked to get someone to repair.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin