Orange 11 8.73%
thbtrs 6 4.76%
stg 5 3.97%
stg 4 3.17%
stg 4 3.17%
stg 2 1.59%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:19 PM

don't watch the darjeeling limited either, wes anderson is cannibilizing like a papuan

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:23 PM

I've seen the first half of there will be blood, it was awesome but it's not out till July in the UK on DVD.

And I want to get on DVD, it deserves to be played properly.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:42 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Was it? I want to watch it sooooo bad! I remember when a heard about this movie a couple months back. I thought No Country for Old Men was gonna be better but this one appeals to me more now. I used to think I was atheist but isn't that a religion anyways? Somebody told me that the real atheist believed in something but not sure what. That's why I decided that I was Catholic and Republican.

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 10:53 PM

I dont like movies to much. I saw Drill bit taylor last week. pretty funny. then over christmas break I saw I am legend (I know I is,thank you very much )and then something during the summer. ive only seen like,5 movies in the past two years.

My poor dog had surgery today Shadow,a big ol black lab chow mix shes so cute. she had a lump on her leg,they thought it was a tumor,but it was just fattness that got caute up inside her leg she looks terrible,shes been whimpering the whole time now.

And Im so jealous! my moms at a convention it dallas and is staying on the 22'nd floor of the hyatt! I might go down and take some pictures though

Old Posted Apr 15, 2008, 11:15 PM
Desert Dweller

I am Legend was sooo predicdible and idk I wasnt crazy about it, the only good thing about it was the scenes of emply New York (HOLY GOD!) CLOVERFIELD was soo much better and I tottaly loved it even though I saw it twice and wikipedia'd it so I knew what was going to happen. Enchanted was cute but ultra-cheesey/lame and I only went cause it was a big group of people, I wanted to see the Kingdom but it was too late (it was those theatures that play older movies from a few months back) Plus The Kingdom was GOOOODD and it was funny to see these freeways used for the car chase scenes as saying they are in Saudi Arabia when they filmed these scenes a few miles away from my house at the new freeway. I saw some other movies this year, I'm guessing they were bad enough for me not to remember, although I saw 10,000 BC twice, uhm it was OKAY, it was a good movie but kinda cheesey. At least I didnt leave feeling jacked.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 12:27 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Drill Bit Taylor looks too cheesy. I'm into independent foreign films. I don't really like teen movies. Like Super Hero Movie, that movie was fucking retarded. I didn't waste my time on it. I'd rather watch a movie in an independent film festival about some drug dealer or about a prostitute from Japan.

I Am Legend wasn't as crappy as I though it was gonna be. All the ignorant teens from school said it was boring but they just care about the action scenes.

Cloverfield had GREAT special effects. The storyline was good too but there was way too much talking in the movie. And the pat where they fall from the helicopter. How the hell did the fall on top of Downtown and ended in Grand Central Park? How do you survive that anyways? They must have been at least fifteen hundred feet up. Long story short, great effects, too much talking, unrealistic scenes.

Sucks about the surgery, at least it was for the best of it. You're so lucky you can have a dog. My mom won't let me so we might get another cat, a ferret, or both. Ferrets are cool and funny.

Anyways, I don't like the Dali Lama or the new Pope. I liked the old Pope and the Dali Lama, I just don't like him. But I do like what he's fighting for.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 12:34 AM

My Cat is a beast! the best cat eva! hes friendly,yet dominates the hood'. Funny thing is,my nighbors had a cat named Adolf,caused he had Hitlah's mustache,and my cat owned it. we called him Churchill for the longest time after that. he brings in everthing,from frogs to rattlesnakes(that was frikin scary!). Rabbits,fish,birds,mice,rats,hares,dogs,elephants,cougers,other cats,The actual hitler and Foxmtbr and treres,Jin Mao tower,widgets,britney spears wig,South manhatten and Chinchillas!

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 3:25 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

YES! Goodbye Dial-Up. Hello sweet sweet ClearWire.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 6:44 PM

@aleks u were on dial up? (!)
Well yesterday they cut my internet connection, it's back on now but it was downright scary.
BTW, it's not that atheist do believe in something anyways, it's more like this:
everyone needs values and a moral code. Religions are a wrongful method of providing them. But Atheism doesnt mean anything, just that you don't believe in something. The matter is what you believe, or rather what you hold as valuable. You can perfectly not believe in zombies and virgin births and still have values. Read Ayn Rand, you're at the right age.
BTW I didnt know there were any republicans in Grunge City

@Austin: I hope your dog gets well. Mine had the same thing, just fat, no big deal. Lol at your cat bringing foxmbtr and jin mao towr to your doorstep.

@PAtrick: I am Legend was terrible, it felt like an 80s class B zombie movie over produced. And did anybody else noticed that it's actually the story of Sodom and Gomorrah or Noah's ARk? God plaguing the world, and only a few surviving in Vermont? WTF?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2008, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by verticalextropy View Post
Religions are a wrongful method of providing them.
No its not...!!

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanster View Post
No its not...!!
ok

but it's not the only way to provide them. religion is to philosophy, what alchemy was to chemistry.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 12:45 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

^^^No, I think he's explaining what atheists believe. I'm very weird. Like, I dress like a hippie and I am a hippie but I don't like democrats like most hippies do. I don't support abortion nor gay marriage (even though I'm bi). I think that the war should keep going even though it's costing us hella money, I believe that we can win. Even if the war is about oil, have we not learned that people would rather let 1o children die instead of playing 3 bucks a gallon. It's a sad truth but it's happened all over the world. Spain not mostly invaded Latin-America because of the huge amounts of gold they had. Napoleon invaded Spain because they wanted land. Humans are just want machines. They just want and want. More and More.

People in America and Europe who need organs would rather get one from a teenager in Asia, Africa, or South America rather than dying. Even if that organ will only help them live 10 more years. They would much rather kill a father of 5 than die.

Wow, sorry about that. Got outta control kind of. I could write pages and pages about my beliefs but I won't. I'll get sued, banned, and thrown rocks at.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 12:53 AM

Quote:
think that the war should keep going even though it's costing us hella money, I believe that we can win. Even if the war is about oil, have we not learned that people would rather let 1o children die instead of playing 3 bucks a gallon. It's a sad truth but it's happened all over the world.
The War is an honest one. we went there to support peace,keep terrorism out and get rid of saddam,who was torturing and killing hundreds cause he didnt like there religion. Te war is not completly an US war,but rather a war for the nations. we pull out now,we lose the war, the killings continue,roadside bombs and suicides continue to kill hundreds of iraqis,Iran does who knows what,Iraqs government collapses without us support and is overrun by extremists,oil/gas goes up,the economy is screwed,9/11 could happen again,people die and suffer. this is worth a war,hundreds of lives,IMO. It cant be settlet peacefully.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 12:58 AM

i thought you were the mod, i'm sure you can rant all you want.

well i'm certainly not spiking our pure treasureds ubforum with politics, so I'm just gonna say one thing to you Aleks:

You are an individual. You exist. You can be sure of that.
I exist, the world does too. Reallity exists. And only reallity. (only the natural world).
You've proven that you care about values: that's half the path.
now you gotta figure out what is good and what is bad. JUDGE. always judge.

I think voluntary relationships are good. And coertion is bad.

I believe that "initiating the physical force" is absolutly inmoral, inadmissible.
How does that affect your American War? Well I'm not sure, let's not forget that it wasnt America that initiated the hostilities, so I dunno.

The way you dress, the music you listen too, are teenage phases, don't give them much importance. I once was the biggest Smashing Pumpkins fan ever. Now I can't remember the last time I've listened to one of their songs.

cheers

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 1:04 AM

IDK we should probably just end it already. pull out slowly and just give it up we did what we were there to do. Saddam's gone... but whatever

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 1:05 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I always judge. A little too much. But, no. I'm a mod so I should be the one trying to not break the rules but instead to enforce them.

I'm pretty sure I'll be one of the few Republicans with tattoo's all over his body. I want a tiger with it's mouth open around my heart and a Dragon climbing from my back, up onto my shoulder, twist around my arm, and finally have it's head right before my wrist. It's either that or Mario tattooed all over my right arm. Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, all the characters. But that would make me look less tough.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 1:11 AM

Well on an entirely dif note... has anyone seen the new dicovery channel commercial "The World is Just Awesome". its my new favorite. i keep watching it over and over on youtube.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 1:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
. It's a sad truth but it's happened all over the world. Spain not mostly invaded Latin-America because of the huge amounts of gold they had. Napoleon invaded Spain because they wanted land. Humans are just want machines. They just want and want. More and More.

People in America and Europe who need organs would rather get one from a teenager in Asia, Africa, or South America rather than dying. Even if that organ will only help them live 10 more years. They would much rather kill a father of 5 than die.
What terrible cynicism for a guy of your age! But I have to admit that's how I viewed things for a while, but I've gradually come to see that there are so many good traits obvious in humanity , that to ignore them would be in a way giving up entirely, letting pessimism always rule the day.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 1:43 AM

America should stop apologizing for its greatness! It is the only civilization on earth founded on the principles of individual rights. that said,

_Have you been watching the new South Park season?

Old Posted Apr 17, 2008, 1:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducov View Post
What terrible cynicism for a guy of your age! But I have to admit that's how I viewed things for a while, but I've gradually come to see that there are so many good traits obvious in humanity , that to ignore them would be in a way giving up entirely, letting pessimism always rule the day.
It's certainly not his fault. We live in a culture that replaces wisdom for cynisim.

I am an optimism, I think we humans have a potential for creation far greater than for destruction. But for that to happen we need to act on principle, not on pragmatism. And most important, define those principles.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup