HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 2:51 AM
Halifax Promoter!

This is the empty lot on the corner where a hotel had been proposed? This is much taller. It looks fantastic. This isn't approved is it?

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 9:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalNinja View Post
Looks like this may be where the 5 story apartments/town homes were previous proposed? It's surrounded by fencing now.
There was an excavator on site for weeks waiting to start, then it was removed. Good sign that they decided to change their plans.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddifax View Post
This is the empty lot on the corner where a hotel had been proposed? This is much taller. It looks fantastic. This isn't approved is it?
No, the hotel corner is on "Ruth Goldbloom" Wentworth is on the other side closer to Kearney Lake.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2021, 3:38 PM
Halifax Promoter!

I know where you mean now... it has been vacant for some time, sort of triangular piece of land.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 1:19 AM

Would be great to see that one get built! With all of the buildings being fairly uniform, this could serve as a signature tower of sorts for the area

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 3:30 PM

Driving by today I saw an excavator and dump truck working on the site of the 20 story building.

Old Posted Aug 17, 2021, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Driving by today I saw an excavator and dump truck working on the site of the 20 story building.
I noticed that as well. It looked like it was being used as a dump site rather than new excavation on site, but it was night when I was buy so they weren’t working. Last I heard there was a Fall 2021 date, I forget if that was approvals or start of work.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kph06 View Post
I noticed that as well. It looked like it was being used as a dump site rather than new excavation on site, but it was night when I was buy so they weren’t working. Last I heard there was a Fall 2021 date, I forget if that was approvals or start of work.
Drove by again today to see what's up. They've excavated quite far down, dump trucks in and out all the time now. Hole in largest along Dunbrack st.

Appears there is a lot of soil in this lot as I did not see any bedrock and they are a good ~15-20 feet down at the deepest.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2021, 5:42 PM

Quote:
Drove by again today to see what's up. They've excavated quite far down, dump trucks in and out all the time now. Hole in largest along Dunbrack st.

Appears there is a lot of soil in this lot as I did not see any bedrock and they are a good ~15-20 feet down at the deepest.
I've been walking by every few days and was going to mention it is definitely more active than I had originally speculated. I think it use to be a bit of a pit that was filled in a number of years ago. I checked Google maps and the 2009 streetview image shows it close to being topped up.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 3:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmajackson View Post
New proposal for the ~3 acre vacant property at Dunbrack Street & Wentworth Drive in Rockingham.

The applicant is looking to rezone the property to R-2T (Townhouses) and R-4 (Multi-Unit). 10 townhouses would line Wentworth Drive with individual front entries and rear driveways from a central courtyard. On the southern and western end of the site boardering Dunbrack Street and the Rockingham South development will be two 5 storey residential buildings (93 units total) with shared underground parking and central lobby and amenity space. It will be home to ~277 people which works out to ~75 people per acre.

The proposal is just for the rezoning and not a development agreement which means the applicant is tied to the land-use bylaws but not the specific plans shown in the application.

Case 20983 Details
A development permit has been issued for Stonehaven at Rockingham South. The parcel has also been subdivided. One lot for the townhouses and one lot for the multi-unit. The permit is for 114 units which is slightly higher than the 103 mentioned during the rezoning process.

Staff Report for the Rezoning - June 2019

Project Brief - November 2018

Also on another note since this project is already mentioned in this specific project's thread I'd like to change this thread to a local community discussion thread. I'll rename this thread to Clayton Park & Rockingham Developments & Discussion. This would provide a specific spot to discuss developments in the larger community in the Hemlock Ravine - Bedford Basin - North of Fairview - Highway 102 area. I'd welcome some opinions on this idea.

Last edited by Dmajackson; Nov 1, 2021 at 3:28 AM.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 12:08 PM

Somehow the name "Rockingham South" passed my notice. Isn't this area west of Rockingham? Not that it really matters, but it strikes me as odd.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2021, 2:27 PM

Quote:
A development permit has been issued for Stonehaven at Rockingham South. The parcel has also been subdivided. One lot for the townhouses and one lot for the multi-unit. The permit is for 114 units which is slightly higher than the 103 mentioned during the rezoning process.

Staff Report for the Rezoning - June 2019

Project Brief - November 2018

Also on another note since this project is already mentioned in this specific project's thread I'd like to change this thread to a local community discussion thread. I'll rename this thread to Clayton Park & Rockingham Developments & Discussion. This would provide a specific spot to discuss developments in the larger community in the Hemlock Ravine - Bedford Basin - North of Fairview - Highway 102 area. I'd welcome some opinions on this idea.
I think the low rise in the attached links have been scrapped in favor a single high-rise pictured earlier in this thread. An excavator was re-deployed to site this weekend.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2021, 11:47 PM

Photos of the Wentworth/Dunbrack site. There is a decent excavation towards Dunbrack.

Old Posted Jan 2, 2022, 6:02 PM

Old Posted Sep 15, 2022, 2:16 AM

Construction permit has been issued for 75 WENTWORTH DRIVE, HALIFAX. This is the site mentioned above at Dunbrack Street. The permit says mixed-use building of 105 residential units and 19 storeys.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2022, 12:47 AM

A coming soon sign for the hotel across from the Shell/Needs/NSLC is up. Maybe this has leap frogged the latter building on the other end of the development? The separate townhouses fronting Wentworth on that site have started.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2023, 5:03 PM

75 Wentworth rendering is up on site. Framing for the townhouses is underway.

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)

Old Posted Apr 22, 2023, 11:50 PM

Quote:
75 Wentworth rendering is up on site. Framing for the townhouses is underway.

Halifax Developments Blog (Photo by David Jackson)
Site work has picked up again, looks like the excavation for the crane is complete and a mudslab is poured:

Old Posted May 11, 2023, 2:12 AM

A pretty sizable crane base in formed up now.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2023, 4:37 PM

The crane here is part way up.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs