HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Jan 11, 2019, 8:29 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrison View Post
I'm going for dinner there in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Order the Animal. Its is an off menu item. It's similar to their Hugo Taco, but about 3 times the size and instead of only flank steak and chorizo, it also has chicken and pork.

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 2:50 AM
Community Guy

EDMONTON, AB – The newest in a chain of independently branded but corporately affiliated brewpubs in Alberta will be opening soon in Edmonton.
Campio Brewing is the newest project from Bear Hill Brewing, which already operates Jasper Brewing in Jasper, Banff Avenue Brewing in Banff, Last Best Brewing in Calgary, and Wood Buffalo Brewing in Fort McMurray.
Set to be located in the former Characters Restaurant at 10257 105 St. NW, Campio will be opening its restaurant, bar, and retail shop later this year.

https://www.canadianbeernews.com/201...n-in-edmonton/

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 4:41 PM
Derp

Sounds like a Delux Burger Bar and Guru will be coming soon to Tower D

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 9:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcaliburKid View Post
Sounds like a Delux Burger Bar and Guru will be coming soon to Tower D
What is tower D?

Old Posted Jan 14, 2019, 10:11 PM
Derp

City of Edmonton Tower

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 4:07 AM

Guru was anounce before Christmas. Canoe or one of its itrrations is moving into the lower floors at Stantec, not the 29th floor like was planed. And Starbucks is under construction on the main floor of Stsntec.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 2:52 PM
Community Guy

'Canoe or one of its itrrations is moving into the lower floors at Stantec, not the 29th floor like was planed.'

I was very much hoping for the 29th, but had heard this awhile back. We need more elevated dining in Edmonton.

Old Posted Jan 15, 2019, 11:07 PM

is Canoe in TD tower in Toronto? If so, my parents and I HATED it...except the view...

Old Posted Jan 16, 2019, 4:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
'Canoe or one of its itrrations is moving into the lower floors at Stantec, not the 29th floor like was planed.'

I was very much hoping for the 29th, but had heard this awhile back. We need more elevated dining in Edmonton.
To bad the upper mechanical room was all prepped for it to.

Old Posted Jan 18, 2019, 7:45 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Jan 21, 2019, 1:32 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post

Not even just elevated dining - something elevated that is open to the public. I was hoping that Stantec would've included a small public observation deck (charge $) like you see in other major cities with tall buildings.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 8:27 PM
Derp

Blaze Pizza and 5 Guys coming soon to Raymond Block

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Not even just elevated dining - something elevated that is open to the public. I was hoping that Stantec would've included a small public observation deck (charge $) like you see in other major cities with tall buildings.
Cost of adding another dedicated elevator was prohibitive. That and the security concerns were, I was told the issues.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 10:28 PM
HVAC guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airboy View Post
Cost of adding another dedicated elevator was prohibitive. That and the security concerns were, I was told the issues.
Funny they'd go through the effort if fitting up kitchen services up there but not consider a dedicated shuttle elevator. That's not very good planning.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 240glt View Post
Funny they'd go through the effort if fitting up kitchen services up there but not consider a dedicated shuttle elevator. That's not very good planning.
For the restaurant they were going to use the public elevator. Only to level 29. The observation deck was originally thought to be on 66. But that is now a couple of large suites.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 10:50 PM
DRINK

Quote:
I'm going for dinner there in a couple of weeks. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
did you go yet?

Old Posted Jan 24, 2019, 11:13 PM
A Better Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOFEAR View Post
did you go yet?
I did, and as it was Taco Tuesday, I had their taco platter (3 different types of tacos and got 2 of each type). Very tasty but surprised at the small size of the dining room. Bet they're thinking of expansion...

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 4:46 AM

Church's Chicken is expanding in Canada opening 4 new franchise locations, 3 more for Ontario and 1 for Edmonton.

Quote:
In Alberta, Fays Enterprises Ltd, under the leadership of CEO Mian Ahmad and operating partner Yasir Saeed, bring a combined 20+ years in the food and retail industry, and are looking forward to extending the Church's Chicken quality food and genuine hospitality experience to the people of Edmonton. "We take great pride in upholding the top-notch industry standards and guest satisfaction people associate with Church's products," said Mian.
https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...861368506.html

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 2:52 PM

Quote:
I did, and as it was Taco Tuesday, I had their taco platter (3 different types of tacos and got 2 of each type). Very tasty but surprised at the small size of the dining room. Bet they're thinking of expansion...
Agree La Patrone is good. Space was small. A bit of an effort for a wheel chair but workable.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2019, 3:14 PM
HVAC guru

Speaking of restaurants in Sherwood Park, we went to Vivo last Saturday. It's family style which is not my favorite but the food was really good, pasta was exceptional. Our server was a pro, I think the only time I've had a better sever was at Wildflower years ago. The room is dark and banquettes are too tall, you feel like you're in a tiny room. It was expensive at $300 for four of us and we brought our own wine. I don't think I'd rush back but it's worth a visit.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton