HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 29, 2021, 4:49 PM

Don’t know if this has been posted here before but, looks like they broke ground on a 11 or 10 story building next to the Metroplex in Plymouth Meeting at the mid county tolls. Definitely moving a lot of dirt around. I don’t know how to post pics or else I’d screen grab it. https://www.brandywinerealty.com/property/metroplex-ii

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 1:46 PM

Wilmington Riverfront - updates

1) The Capano Avenue of the Arts, building #2 was approved for all needed variances to build their new luxury apartment building (11 floors, 3 parking level floors, 8 floors - residential - which is approximately 141 feet tall and actually like 6-7 inches taller than the Crosby Hill building!).
I was told that all that needs to be done for construction permits is a Waterfront District commission review, which is essentially administrative at this point (that's from the Wilmington Zoning Board). So I expect this building to start pretty soon.

2) The "River House" development announced in late 2019, 401 A Street, from Baltimore developer, Washington Place Equities, might still be on. I emailed their leasing folks and was given a boilerplate response, that "...we will welcome our first residents in Summer of 2022." We shall see, I don't see any construction down there. They have a social media presence but nothing has been updated in about a year:
https://www.riverhouseapt.com/

3) New restaurant - Taco Grande seems to be making a lot of progress. Big Fish started an IG account for it, with construction updates. I don't know about an official opening but it definitely seems like they want to be ready to go for early summer.
https://www.instagram.com/tacogrande_riverfront/
https://www.facebook.com/tacogrande.riverfront
https://www.tacogrande.com/

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 3:03 PM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawnadelphia View Post
1) The Capano Avenue of the Arts, building #2 was approved for all needed variances to build their new luxury apartment building (11 floors, 3 parking level floors, 8 floors - residential - which is approximately 141 feet tall and actually like 6-7 inches taller than the Crosby Hill building!).
I was told that all that needs to be done for construction permits is a Waterfront District commission review, which is essentially administrative at this point (that's from the Wilmington Zoning Board). So I expect this building to start pretty soon.

2) The "River House" development announced in late 2019, 401 A Street, from Baltimore developer, Washington Place Equities, might still be on. I emailed their leasing folks and was given a boilerplate response, that "...we will welcome our first residents in Summer of 2022." We shall see, I don't see any construction down there. They have a social media presence but nothing has been updated in about a year:
https://www.riverhouseapt.com/

3) New restaurant - Taco Grande seems to be making a lot of progress. Big Fish started an IG account for it, with construction updates. I don't know about an official opening but it definitely seems like they want to be ready to go for early summer.
https://www.instagram.com/tacogrande_riverfront/
https://www.facebook.com/tacogrande.riverfront
https://www.tacogrande.com/
You the man Jawn you always get the facts! Thanks for the updates.

For the Riverhouse do they mean construction starts in 2022? or opens in 2022? interesting

Did you see my post about the gold club? seems thats getting redeveloped into a gas station and fast food restaurant. it's a shame because I thought we would get our strip club back.... I guess a new one somewhere else now.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2021, 11:21 PM

Looks like rail service to Reading is back on the menu!

http://media.amtrak.com/wp-content/u...-Statement.pdf

What I find is a missed opportunity is that they’re not looking to restore rail service to the Lehigh Valley and Scranton via Philly, but rather New York. Because of history, those areas are more culturally aligned with Philly but itd be a shame to lose that connection to New York. Seems to me the best thing to do would be to run rail from Scranton to Philly via Allentown, and connect each to NYC individually. But not sure how feasible that is.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 3:34 AM
Tony V / ValuezTV

Lots of work out in Wilmington today but here is a picture of the bar

Also I wonder what's gonna be planned for this lot

Old Posted Apr 2, 2021, 6:57 PM

Topgolf project to get underway in Northeast Philadelphia, with King of Prussia to follow

Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...la-region.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 5:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyTone View Post
Also I wonder what's gonna be planned for this lot

I saw renderings about 3 years ago for a 3-4 story residential building with ground floor commercial (if I recall correctly) but I can't find them now. I know there was a set of renderings on Loopnet and I thought I had previously shared them here but I guess not. And that was before the fire at the sneaker store at neighboring 405 N. Market and the ensuing demo (which now adds to the total grass lot size) so I'd expect plans would have changed base on that anyway. That said, I don't know if there's been any update to the design or any movement on the project itself in the past two years since I left. The lot is owned by the family that owns Dragon Cuisine right there on the corner of 4th and Market.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 4:39 PM

A good sign for the region.

Philadelphia Manufacturing Surges, New York Strong on Optimism

Quote:
Growth at manufacturers in the Philadelphia region and New York state and rebounded in April, reflecting stronger orders and increased shipments as the economy continues its recovery from the Covid-19 pandemic.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia’s general activity index surged to 50.2 -- the highest since April 1973 -- from a revised 44.5 in March, according to a report Thursday. That exceeded all forecasts in a Bloomberg survey of economists whose median projection called for a reading of 41.5. Readings above zero indicate expansion.

Almost 59% of Philadelphia-area firms reported increases in current activity this month, while only 8% reported decreases, the regional bank said. The index for current shipments increased, while the current employment gauge surged to 30.8, a record high.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 3:46 PM

Construction Progresses On Matson Mill In Conshohocken

Rendering:

Rendering:

Progress:

Progress:

Quote:
Significant construction progress has been made on Matson Mill, a large multi-family development at 101 Washington Street in Conshohocken. Designed by Hord Coplan Macht, the building rises five stories tall and will include 280 residential units that will be arranged as studio, one-, or two-bedroom apartments. The project is located next to the Schuylkill River Trail and will also include 310 parking spaces to support residents’ transportation needs. IMC Construction is the project contractor.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/04/cons...shohocken.html

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 3:50 PM

Construction Progresses At The Birch At 51 Washington Street In Conshohocken

Rendering:

Rendering:

Progress:

Quote:
Construction is progressing at The Birch at 51 Washington Street in Conshohocken. Developed by LCOR, the project will stand five stories tall upon completion. A total of 304 residential units will be situated within the structure. The project will be going through going to a zoning hearing today to seek permission to include the project’s name in the structure, which can be seen on the renderings shown in the article.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/04/cons...shohocken.html

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 3:52 PM

Foundation Progress At West And Main, A Sora West Hotel In Conshohocken

Rendering:

Progress:

Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/04/foun...shohocken.html

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 4:08 PM

$50M sports complex and velodrome project takes next step in Coatesville

Quote:
IDG Development plans a $50 million National Sports and Events Center on 26 acres in Coatesville. The site, referred to as the Flats, sits in a Federal Opportunity Zone. City Council signed off on the sale of 26 acres to a development team that plans to build the facility.
Article behind paywall here:
https://www.bizjournals.com/philadel...Pos=9#cxrecs_s

Old Posted Apr 19, 2021, 7:50 PM

I like the activity in Conshohocken around the train station. Hope it continues and expands to Norristown as well.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 2:13 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
I like the activity in Conshohocken around the train station. Hope it continues and expands to Norristown as well.
I wouldn't hold your breath. While I would love to see Norristown really take off one day it has a lot working against it and is getting worse instead of better.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 2:54 PM

that's a real shame; it's one of those Philly suburbs with some great bones, plus regional rail and NHSL access/county seat. The river setting could be pretty scenic as well.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 5:52 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skintreesnail View Post
that's a real shame; it's one of those Philly suburbs with some great bones, plus regional rail and NHSL access/county seat. The river setting could be pretty scenic as well.
Agreed. It's like a slightly better version of Chester and it's going to take a lot to turn it around and I don't see that happening because I have seen it continue to slide downhill vs any real improvement. And it's one of the most expensive places to live in MontCo last time I checked, which is mindboggling (2.1% income tax and a millage of almost 60 and outside of some really undesirable places the real estate does not have the bargains it once did). Once I jump the border I will be getting an instant 1.1% raise.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 6:23 PM

I have no direct information about this project (2 Metroplex in Plymouth Meeting) moving forward, but I can confirm that something is going on at this site, there is a bunch of heavy equipment on site and the whole area is being graded.

20210420_141614 by , on Flickr

Old Posted Apr 20, 2021, 7:30 PM
Me?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikieman View Post
I have no direct information about this project (2 Metroplex in Plymouth Meeting) moving forward, but I can confirm that something is going on at this site, there is a bunch of heavy equipment on site and the whole area is being graded.

20210420_141614 by , on Flickr
It's crazy how much is going on in PM, KOP...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2021, 6:03 PM

19-Unit Building Approved At 257 East Main Street In Norristown, PA

Rendering:

Current site:

Quote:
The municipal council has approved plans for a mixed-use development at 257 East Main Street in Norristown, PA, a town located near Philadelphia. Upon completion, the building will rise five stories tall and will feature a commercial space on the ground floor with 19 residential units above.
Read/view more here:
https://phillyyimby.com/2021/04/appr...orristown.html

Old Posted May 4, 2021, 2:36 AM

Some updates from Phoenixville - a lot is going on. Steelpointe in Phoenixville is progressing quickly. First phase is entirely sold out already, not a surprise in this market. Lennar will be building Phase 2. They're also building a new bridge that will connect the new development with Paradise Street, and eventually they'll add a pedestrian bridge to connect it with Bridge Street. The developer also recently applied for permits for 232 apartment units. Photos from Rick Rotondo Photography on Facebook.

"Luxor" from Westdrum is also under construction in Phoenixville, on the other side of that bridge they're building. That'll have 205 units. Came across this ariel video of it.

Video Link

The Borough is also about to start on a new firehouse on the other side of the Paradise St bridge as well.

I don't have a picture but Capano is building 108 units off Rt. 113 in what they're calling The Reserve on Forge. Wasn't able to get a pic driving by the other day but it's well underway.

On the north side we've got some framing up for the new community recreation center.

There's quite a few smaller-scale projects happening too, and other big projects in the pipeline, but I don't have time for all that.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations