HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 22, 2021, 12:50 PM
somewhere in-between

Here's some photos that were posted of a recent tour of "Willkommen"; the mixed-use, mixed-income, multi-site redevelopment project in Cincinnati’s Over-the-Rhine neighborhood -

Source: LinkedIn | GBBN

Old Posted Sep 18, 2021, 7:27 PM
somewhere in-between

Cincinnati Ballet's new Margaret and Michael Valentine Center for Dance opened on Wednesday. Take a deeper look inside, here -

Quote:
Take a peek inside Cincinnati Ballet's new home
David Lyman | Cincinnati Enquirer
September 8, 2021; Updated September 9, 2021

Source: LinkedIn | Albert Cesare

Old Posted Sep 19, 2021, 2:42 PM

Nice to see Cincinnati here.
Are there major developments currently underway in the downtown area?
How about infill in Over-the-Rhine?

Old Posted Sep 20, 2021, 7:18 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prahaboheme View Post
Nice to see Cincinnati here.
Are there major developments currently underway in the downtown area?
How about infill in Over-the-Rhine?
I'm hoping someone more local to the area can fill us in! I just post them as I see 'em, in the hopes of barely keeping a pulse going on this thread (not since early 2020 has anyone else posted any updates on here). I know there have been recent developments in Over-the-Rhine. Then there's the ongoing downtown Macy's / Fountain Place redevelopment. Anyone in Cincy visit the forum these days? I have way too many other places closer to home to focus on updating, but am interested in this city.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2022, 9:21 PM

The last tenant has moved out of the iconic Carew Tower [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carew_Tower].

It's about to sell and be converted into apartments:
https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...e-of-the-first

The building's upper floors are very small...we'll likely see just 2-4 apartments per floor toward the top.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 4:18 AM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
The last tenant has moved out of the iconic Carew Tower [https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carew_Tower].

It's about to sell and be converted into apartments:
https://www.wcpo.com/news/local-news...e-of-the-first

The building's upper floors are very small...we'll likely see just 2-4 apartments per floor toward the top.
The future plans are uncertain, though hopefully, the 49th floor observation deck that has been closed since March 2020 due to COVID-19 will be reopened to the public regardless of what happens. Really hope the tower has a good future and the observation deck will be turned into a big time tourist attraction and made wheelchair accessible.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 3:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchGuy1 View Post
The future plans are uncertain, though hopefully, the 49th floor observation deck that has been closed since March 2020 due to COVID-19 will be reopened to the public regardless of what happens. Really hope the tower has a good future and the observation deck will be turned into a big time tourist attraction and made wheelchair accessible.

There is no way to make the observation deck ADA compatible without building a new elevator from the 45th floor up to the 49th.

Such a big project would ruin some of the charm of the observation deck, which up until 2020 was amazingly old-fashioned. The lady didn't accept credit cards and there was nothing to stop people from jumping off, making it attractive to BASE jumpers. They also had that 1988 Bicentennial painting that was pretty 80s retro.

The great thing about the deck was that there usually weren't many people up there so you could take your time.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2022, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmecklenborg View Post
There is no way to make the observation deck ADA compatible without building a new elevator from the 45th floor up to the 49th.

Such a big project would ruin some of the charm of the observation deck, which up until 2020 was amazingly old-fashioned. The lady didn't accept credit cards and there was nothing to stop people from jumping off, making it attractive to BASE jumpers. They also had that 1988 Bicentennial painting that was pretty 80s retro.

The great thing about the deck was that there usually weren't many people up there so you could take your time.
The Santa Barbara County Courthouse observation deck in Santa Barbara, California was made wheelchair accessible without taking away the historic charm there back in 2015. So, I think the same can be done for the Carew Tower without taking away the historic charm.
https://keyt.com/news/2015/07/24/pop...h-more-access/

Old Posted Sep 4, 2022, 3:51 PM
somewhere in-between

UC Health Medical Center -

Source: LinkedIn | Ryan Conover

Old Posted Sep 4, 2022, 3:55 PM
Show me the blueprints

Good looking lobby

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 16, 2024, 9:37 PM
somewhere in-between

I thought that this was an interesting / oddly-specific distinction to make. I know that the Midwest generally lags behind basically all other regions, when it comes to widespread implementation of innovative / sustainable building technology advancements. But I immediately thought to myself, there must be some other mass timber buildings already constructed in the Midwest. Just for example, what about the new mass timber building at Michigan State University? I suppose that one is technically 3-stories though... Anyway, whether they're the first or not, it is still pretty cool to see that Cincy has a two story one u/c - the new HQ for Cincinnati Public Radio (CPR). And it just topped out - read more here -

Quote:
Midwest's First Two-Story Mass Timber Building Under Way
Cindy Riley – CEG Correspondent
January 2, 2024

Source: LinkedIn | Skanska

Renderings - it's a sharp-looking building -

Source: Cincinnati Enquirer | Courtesy Cincinnati Public Radio

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations