HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 15, 2022, 1:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gannman View Post
Murfreesboro Pk, Nolensville Pk, and Gallatin Pk have had BRTlite for years.
Exclusive lanes don't really matter on suburban arterials. The protected lanes, dedicated signaling, and grade separations need to be in the super-congested downtown area. I don't believe that bus lanes are ever going to work in DT Nashville. The streets are narrow and the tourists aren't paying attention. They're going to constantly walk out into the lanes. A special green light for a bus doesn't matter if 60 tourists are taking selfies in the lane.

The bus/LRT tunnel plan that failed at the polls a few years ago would have solved a ton of problems, but the plan needed to be bigger. In addition to the tunnel from the state capitol to SoBro, it needed a perpendicular tunnel below Broadway that would have carried buses/LRT underground from Beaman Ford to Nissan Stadium.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownNashville View Post
Ritz is moving right along, I’d imagine we’ll see ground breaking within a few months based on the permit applications coming through.
Ritz-Carlton still on course ? There is speculation, from Austin sources, that the Ritz-Carlton in Austin is tied to whether or not Ritz-Carlton starts.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
Ritz-Carlton still on course ? There is speculation, from Austin sources, that the Ritz-Carlton in Austin is tied to whether or not Ritz-Carlton starts.
Haven’t heard anything that links the Ritz in Nashville with any other city. The slight delay with the RC here is due to infrastructure work needed to accommodate 5 towers in the three blocks surrounding the KVB roundabout. Downtown lodging is still strong and will likely do better than most other cities in the recession. Plus RC wants to build in the recession to get labor at a better cost and to have it ready when the economy gets back from n track.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2022, 9:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
Haven’t heard anything that links the Ritz in Nashville with any other city.
The link is that the Nashville & Austin Ritz are being built by the same developer who is still trying to arrange financing for both projects.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 1:26 PM

I have it on VERY good authority that the RC in Nashville is about a month and a half out from starting.
They are just trying to tie down the staging area for the project. All of the permits and financing are in place as far as I know. We, being the Post, are in contact with the developers on a fairly regular basis.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2022, 2:14 PM

This RC has three deep-pocketed Nashville investors who are not involved in the Austin project. They're part of the larger team that transformed the Gulch. Apartment construction in Nashville's core is really just beginning with ten already under construction, and another eight (including this one) about to start. Currently there are 36 tower cranes in the core with an expected dozen more in the next year. There are over 50 cranes in the city. It's interesting to see how development has sort of come in waves with office leading the way about ten years ago, then hotels, then residential, and we're starting to see office beginning again with Pinnacle, Amazon, and other towers associated with larger complexes like the Alliance Bernstein and Probst towers. AFIK, the GBT tower downtown is purely speculative.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2022, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texcitement View Post
This RC has three deep-pocketed Nashville investors who are not involved in the Austin project. They're part of the larger team that transformed the Gulch. Apartment construction in Nashville's core is really just beginning with ten already under construction, and another eight (including this one) about to start. Currently there are 36 tower cranes in the core with an expected dozen more in the next year. There are over 50 cranes in the city. It's interesting to see how development has sort of come in waves with office leading the way about ten years ago, then hotels, then residential, and we're starting to see office beginning again with Pinnacle, Amazon, and other towers associated with larger complexes like the Alliance Bernstein and Probst towers. AFIK, the GBT tower downtown is purely speculative.
Absolutely, and speaking of this group, there are various iterations of this group that are involved with several other announced & unannounced projects. They have only started investing in Nashville. I know of two projects that have been announced and several others that have not.

BTW, if anyone is curious, the current tower crane count is 55 with one more about to go up at Gulch Union. Most of the cranes are inside of the 440 loop. IDK about a GBT tower DT, but there are going to be multiple towers on the east bank. They may end up being in a slightly different location though.
GBT spent 60 million on 3.7 acres, so I think they will have to go big to get a good ROI.

The Tishman Speyer tower or towers is now on their website, but we do not know if it will be one or two towers. We have heard two now.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2022, 6:44 AM
Future God

A user named PostRural on Urbanplanet was kind enough to create these rough mock ups of the Nashville cityscape featuring rudimentary renderings of most of the highrises in varying stages of the proposal/approval/construction process, and I thought I'd share it here as well.

Red = Under Construction

Turquoise = Proposed or Approved

Purple = Planning Stages

Yellow = On Hold

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 9, 2022, 6:51 PM

The Ritz Carlton Hotel and Residential Towers will get started by fourth quarter of this year.

From the NBJ, https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...g-details.html

Site plans filed with Metro outline the following details:

A 46-story tower composed of 242 Ritz-Carlton hotel rooms, 165 for-sale condominiums, a parking deck and a rooftop restaurant;
An adjacent 32-story tower composed of 185 apartment units;
A dog park on the corner of Lafayette and Peabody streets;
A spa garden, “grand ballroom,” hotel bar, fitness center, dining area and pool deck;
Outdoor, wraparound terraces for both towers

The ownership team includes Washington DC-based M2 Development Partners' President Tim Morris, Nashville-based Steve Armistead and Jared Bradley, who developed The Gulch in Nashville, and Angela Marriott, ex-wife of John Marriott, of Marriott Hotels, owner of the Ritz Carlton chain.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2022, 8:20 PM

1401 Church (45, 35, 30, and 7 stories, mixed-use, 3 acres, Country Delite Dairy site

A new four building development was announced for the mid-town that will be bordered by Church Street, 14th & 15th Ave. N. and Grundy Street. The proposed development will consist of a 45, 35, 30 and 7 story buildings.

Current view of site:

If this is built, it will totally transform that area and will be next to the massive Reed District Project that will have three times as many buildings.

Last edited by PillowTalk4; Aug 17, 2022 at 12:35 PM.

Old Posted Aug 11, 2022, 8:30 PM

New development for 4th & Lea in SoBro

Nashville Now Next reported that a D.C. developer has announced a 24 story building at the corner of 4th Ave. S and Lea in SoBro.

https://nashvillenownext.com/2022/08...own-nashville/

Here are renderings of the proposed building:

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 9:56 AM

[QUOTE=BnaBreaker;9683841]A user named PostRural on Urbanplanet was kind enough to create these rough mock ups of the Nashville cityscape featuring rudimentary renderings of most of the highrises in varying stages of the proposal/approval/construction process, and I thought I'd share it here as well.

Red = Under Construction

Turquoise = Proposed or Approved

Purple = Planning Stages

Yellow = On Hold

[/

Last edited by IluvATX; Aug 12, 2022 at 4:27 PM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 11:49 AM

Removed my comment and the quote.

Last edited by H2O; Aug 12, 2022 at 5:48 PM. Reason: Respect

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 12:04 PM

Removed quote

Last edited by downtownNashville; Aug 12, 2022 at 7:39 PM. Reason: Respect

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 1:03 PM

I truly love Austin and wish we could have the high-rises they have there. But it is not to be. I love to visit there and want to go back down there soon.

Due to height regulations set in place beyond the control of the Developers, it will be very hard to go past 750'.

There is a plan for a new longer runway ay BNA to handle the large capacity cargo jets as those always use the one the goes over downtown, but that may never change. We also need the longer runway to get the Asian flights and that runway is due to start I have heard in 2024.

A developer can go past that height if it is outside of the cone of flight, but that is not within the allowed zoning of Metro codes. Metro height regulations are very strict here. That goes back to a city planner some 20 years ago and we are finally getting past that boondoggle and allowing height in places where it was not allowed before.

So, it looks as if we may just follow the San Diago model as we are sort of in the same boat they are with the airport in close proximity to their downtown.

Last edited by nashvilleron; Aug 13, 2022 at 1:10 PM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2022, 4:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashvilleron View Post
We don't go onto the Austin thread and bash, so please show some respect. I truly love Austin and wish we could have the high-rises they have there. But it is not to be. I love to visit there and want to go back down there soon.

Due to height regulations set in place beyond the control of the Developers, it will be very hard to go past 750'.

There is a plan for a new longer runway ay BNA to handle the large capacity cargo jets as those always use the one the goes over downtown, but that may never change. We also need the longer runway to get the Asian flights and that runway is due to start I have heard in 2024.

A developer can go past that height if it is outside of the cone of flight, but that is not within the allowed zoning of Metro codes. Metro height regulations are very strict here. That goes back to a city planner some 20 years ago and we are finally getting past that boondoggle and allowing height in places where it was not allowed before.

So, it looks as if we may just follow the San Diago model as we are sort of in the same boat they are with the airport in close proximity to their downtown.
Apologies. Never knew about the FAA height restriction though.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2022, 2:35 AM

Honestly, the Nashville height is impressive even with the height restrictions. 3 500+ FT towers U/C, with the Ritz Carlton starting soon is nice. Also, 1401 church is 45 stories so we can see another possible 500+ ft tower.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2022, 1:09 PM

Hey guys,

It's all good! The Ritz which will start in the 4th qtr. will be 569. 1010 Church which is slated to start 1st qtr. of 2023 will be 750'. Preliminary work has started at the YMCA in order for the demo work to begin. The base of the Amazon 3 tower 600' is under way, however that one will be slow as Amazon is reevaluating how they configure the floor space. Once the Ritz starts Tony G. will start his 800 Lea tower 610' across the street. He just wants to make sure that one starts before he starts his. Also, Pinnacle is under construction at 504'.
I will be meeting with Tony in the next few weeks, and I will see if there is any new news anywhere.

In other news GBT has made their plans clearer at the Beaman site with a design overlay for the area with 7 towers of 20-35 stories.

The Demonbreun Hill site is back in play with Hall Capital buying the site for 57 million. The SP allows for 3 hire-rise buildings now, but I see a SP modification coming as that SP was done when the land sold for 17 million. They will need to get a better ROI on the property.

There are other things that are coming down the pipeline I know about but can't mention here or the other forum I am on. Some of you all know I have some sources that are pretty good and know about this stuff a good while before it happens. I knew about the 3-tower project at the Dairy site or at least I heard it was three towers and was Bosa a few months back. So, there is more coming if the economy holds up! I am optimistic.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2022, 12:48 AM

I love this image from UrbanPlanet, basically just a chaos amount of cranes in not even 5 blocks.

Old Posted Aug 18, 2022, 3:56 PM
Chairman

Counted 11 cranes!

-sb

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations