HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 3:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
a list of SF Bay Area threads can be found here:

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/tags...=san+francisco
timbad - Glad that you posted the list for us. I had it earlier this year but it was "lost" when my hard drive failed. It can be difficult to find these things as the Skyscraperpage.com is so rich in information.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 6:54 AM

Quote:
Affordable homes for disabled residents might go up right next to SF City Hall
By Adam Brinklow Nov 19, 2019, 2:33pm PST

San Francisco will move forward with a proposal to build affordable housing on city-owned property a few feet from City Hall, according to Mayor London Breed.

If all goes according to plan, Mercy Housing and the Kelsey, a San Jose-based developer that specializes in housing “inclusive for people with and without disabilities,” will create 102 units at 240 Van Ness and on neighboring Grove Street lots . . . .

Of the 102 proposed homes, 21 units would be specifically tagged for disabled tenants, with those units priced for people making as little as 13 percent of the Area Median Income (AMI).

The city currently classifies AMI as $86,200 for one person or $123,150 for a household of four; those figures are likely to rise by the time the Kelsey project finishes.

In all, 52 of the total homes would be priced at 100 to 120 percent of the median, and these moderate-income units might end up being the most valuable for the city’s housing goals.

According to the Association of Bay Area Governments, San Francisco should aim to permit 5,460 such homes by 2023, but the city persistently has trouble finding developers who want to build in this bracket . . . .

The present timeline calls for construction to begin in late 2022 with a completion date of 2025.
https://sf.curbed.com/2019/11/19/209...-san-francisco

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:36 AM
heavy user of walkability

various other miscellaneous things...

the fancy pavers appear only to have been for striped sections of the otherwise cement(?) sidewalk just to the east of Park Tower

'Serif', 900 block of Market

1066 Market

the affordable one on Fell in Hayes Valley has fairly plain colors...

but the entranceway has fancier touches/materials

the mews it forms at its back (looking west toward Laguna)

the little one u/c on Octavia at Rose, I think

I like the murals on the west side of the former Flax site (I thought it was going to say 'The Rise' on them, though)

I thought Eagle Plaza (12th and Harrison) would be further along by now

here is the associated new development there

from Potrero Hill

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 6:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks again, Mr. Bad, for all the photos. You remain our Most Valuable Poster.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 7:02 PM

Exclusive: Developer puts S.F.'s Oceanwide Center, other U.S. holdings on market

For details, see http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...58#post8755258

Old Posted Nov 22, 2019, 1:15 AM

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 12:59 AM

1140 Harrison Street

View of the west side of the construction from Berwick Place. This one spans about half of Harrison Street. The Salesforce Tower can be seen in the arch. There is an interesting brick building across from this wall which is being preserved.

1140 Harrison_2019-11-23 (1)

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 2:14 AM

1298 Howard St. at 9th Street

Walked by today & see a pile driver on site which I noticed a few days ago from my apartment. It has been a long time since any activity there. A gas station & food concessions were there previously.

1298 Howard__2019_11_23Flickr

Old Posted Nov 24, 2019, 8:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
Walked by today & see a pile driver on site ...
I had totally forgotten about that one, thank you! crossing fingers this means it's getting going

Old Posted Nov 25, 2019, 11:44 PM

Does anyone have an update on 1629 Market Street? Strada closed on funding in April.

https://www.blaujournal.com/strada-i...san-francisco/

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman12 View Post
Does anyone have an update on 1629 Market Street? Strada closed on funding in April.

https://www.blaujournal.com/strada-i...san-francisco/
This is the old civic center hotel/Pipe Fitters Union parcel. There's been almost no news since it was announced. But if funding was secured, that puts it one up on other projects slated for the area.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 6:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coyotetrickster View Post
This is the old civic center hotel/Pipe Fitters Union parcel. There's been almost no news since it was announced. But if funding was secured, that puts it one up on other projects slated for the area.
Quote:
Strada (Investment Group), in partnership with a family office, entered into a development agreement with a union pension fund to redevelop a prime San Francisco parcel located on Market Street.
https://stradasf.com/project/detail/15

Quote:
Stockbridge Capital Group has teamed up with developer Strada Investment Group on 1629 Market St., a 420-unit multifamily project in San Francisco with a price tag of approximately $320 million. HFF worked on behalf of the developer to arrange a joint venture equity partnership with a Stockbridge affiliate.

Stockbridge provided equity of $130 million for the fully entitled project, according to sources cited by The Registry. The project at 1629 Market St. will consist of residential units averaging 732 square feet, along with 9,000 square feet of retail, spread across three mid-rise buildings.
https://www.multihousingnews.com/pos...-fran-project/

So Iceman would seem to be correct that it's funded and this second clip says it's entitled. The question then becomes whether those involved want to proceed at this time when other residential developers are backing off. But I could find no "news" since July of 2019. It was, of course, "announced" in 2017.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Developer previews new Mid-Market condos that will start in the $500,000s
By Blanca Torres – Reporter, San Francisco Business Times

Developer L37 Partners plans to start sales of Serif, a new Mid-Market condo project, next spring.

The condos make up one component of the $350 million development at 950 Market St. that also includes a 232-room hotel dubbed, The Line, and 16,050 square feet of retail . . . .

Serif consists of studios, one-bedroom and two-bedroom homes ranging from 450 to 1,200 square feet with prices starting in the $500,000s.

Amenities include a rooftop solarium with a library and a bar, entertaining kitchen, gym, yoga studio, pet spa, dog run and 24/7 attended lobby. L37 expects to complete construction on the project in early 2021.

Other new housing developments are also in the works including Shorenstein Properties’ 304 rentals at 1066 Market St., 503 apartments at Trinity Place Phase 4 at 1145 Market St., and 193 apartments at 1028 Market St. from developers Olympic Residential Group and Tidewater Capital that broke ground in October . . . .
https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...lmR2gifQ%3D%3D

Old Posted Nov 28, 2019, 12:11 AM

---

Old Posted Nov 29, 2019, 2:38 AM

Quote:

the fancy pavers appear only to have been for striped sections of the otherwise cement(?) sidewalk just to the east of Park Tower

'Serif', 900 block of Market

1066 Market

the affordable one on Fell in Hayes Valley has fairly plain colors...

but the entranceway has fancier touches/materials

the mews it forms at its back (looking west toward Laguna)

the little one u/c on Octavia at Rose, I think

I like the murals on the west side of the former Flax site (I thought it was going to say 'The Rise' on them, though)

I thought Eagle Plaza (12th and Harrison) would be further along by now

here is the associated new development there

from Potrero Hill

I love this view!

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 3:25 AM

Found a post showing Serif's cladding on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/SerifSanFrancisco/

And for reference:

https://www.facebook.com/SerifSanFrancisco/

Old Posted Dec 2, 2019, 4:30 AM

I do like that rendering! I feel like this project will be more impactful on its area than many, due to its size and location

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 10:59 PM

New skyscraper to rise in city’s skyline

Dec. 3, 2019
Laura Waxmann
sfexaminer.com

A proposed 800-foot tower could soon rise in downtown San Francisco’s rapidly changing skyline.

The 61-story mixed-use skyscraper is planned at 542-550 Howard St., or Transbay Parcel F....

Following a number of revisions to the project in recent years that included a reduction in the proposed unit count and an overhaul of its exterior design, the “Parcel F” tower’s developers are seeking approvals for additional amendments at the Planning Commission on Thursday.
If approved, the tower could become The City’s fourth tallest building, right behind the Salesforce Tower, the planned Oceanwide Center and the Transamerica Pyramid.

As currently proposed, the project calls for the construction of 165 condominiums, 189 hotel rooms and approximately 274,000 square feet of office space. Some 79,000 square feet would be devoted to shared amenity space and 9,000 square feet to retail space located along Howard and Natoma streets. The project also includes some 20,000 square feet of open space.

The project would also include the construction of a pedestrian bridge on the tower’s fifth floor that provides public access to the Salesforce Park....

The tower, designed by Pelli Clarke Pelli Architects, is intended to become a “ significant addition to the skyline of San Francisco” and will be ”highly visible from many primary approaches to the city,” according to planning documents....

Hines is developing the Parcel F tower, which is planned to be “the last super-tall building in downtown San Francisco for the foreseeable future,” according to the firm’s website....

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 11:24 PM
Show me the blueprints

Oh nice, looks extra nice cozied up to Transbay like that.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Dec 4, 2019, 11:56 PM

Very nice design, compliments Salesforce Tower.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations