HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 3:02 PM

Are the Landings and River North two separate developments? If so, how many other separate developments are there to be in that location?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 6:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Are the Landings and River North two separate developments? If so, how many other separate developments are there to be in that location?
The Landings is the name for the first residential project in the development. It consists of two 7-story and two 2-story retail buildings, one which will be a conversion from an existing warehouse.

The next phase will be office buildings for what will likely be a new campus for Oracle. Infrastructure financing was passed on final review by the Metro Council last night.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 8:20 PM
Nashville born and raised

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:09 PM.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 8:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
I added images of some proposed buildings to a current skyline view..

That's awesome! What's interesting is that this doesn't even include midtown and all of the proposed and under construction projects there. Is it possible to have an extended panorama that includes the proposed and under construction for midtown?

Old Posted Feb 3, 2021, 9:26 PM

River north oracle

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:09 PM.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 1:51 AM

Two towers officially started today.

900 Church, Tony Giarratana's 34 story 418' residential tower next to Amazon's Nashville Yards office tower, has heavy equipment on site and dirt has started moving. 900 Church is a partner tower to 801 Church, which should start very soon.

Modera Gulch, a 15 story residential tower in the South Gulch along Division street, has started demolition of the existing building and has multiple permits in place.

Modera Gulch is one of 6 new residential towers(4 of which are under construction, with one more starting very soon) over 10 stories on Division Street. There is also a dual-brand 12 story hotel proposed for Division Street.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 2:05 AM

Last edited by MidTenn1; Jan 6, 2022 at 4:10 PM.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 2:40 AM
Future God

Quote:

Incredible... if all of those get built Nashville will have the largest (not tallest, but largest) skyline in the Southeast outside Miami and Atlanta.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 3:28 PM

Does anyone have a recent update on the Neuhoff site in Germantown? Walk past it everyday in hopes of seeing something big starting. Thanks!

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 4:53 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germantown94 View Post
Does anyone have a recent update on the Neuhoff site in Germantown? Walk past it everyday in hopes of seeing something big starting. Thanks!
I hope something happens with it soon! That has been one of my favorite proposals from the last decade.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 4, 2021, 5:40 PM

Quote:

Tony Giarratana has tried yet another pitch to build Paramount, his 60 story building on the Church Street Park property. But it still may be dead in the water since there was no action taken on his latest proposal.

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashvill...rd-vision.html

His plan would now be to convert Anne Dallas Dudley Blvd to a park that is larger than the current Church Street Park, build a 60 story tower in place of the current park and build a $9M public residential property that will have 65 units specifically set aside for homeless youth, veterans, and IDD residents and caregivers.

Maybe since I no longer live in Nashville, I don't understand the rationale for not at least working with Tony on this deal. Downtown will still have a park. The city gets additional public housing paid for by private monies in a land swap. The city also gets a 60 story residential tower that will bring in more property tax revenue. Something a park alone cannot do.

Tell me why this doesn't make sense for Metro. Has there been an alternative proposal that would offer the same or more? I remember the Hermitage being against the project. Is their influence that great? Is their proposal to revamp the existing park really that much better? What are they doing for homelessness in the area? Do they offer meals to the homeless people in and around the area? Do they provide shelter to the homeless on cold winter nights? I'm not asking out of sarcasm or even my strong desire to see a 60 story building built in Nashville. I just don't see from the outside attempting to look in, what the issue is with Tony's proposal, and I'd like to understand why the Hermitage is so against it. And, why Metro isn't responding to it?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 5:33 PM

Wonder where they could put the baseball stadium development. Midtown near Reed or Beaman developments, the undeveloped land behind the convention center (behind Circle South and Ritz-Carlton developments), land in vicinity of the train museum. Are the old Sounds stadium or PSC Metal location out of the question?

Old Posted Feb 5, 2021, 7:11 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
The one on the left (900 Church/34 stories/418'/356 res. units) has all permits and prepared the site and has construction activity beginning.

Great looking towers! Is that a cantilevered pool at the top of 900 Church? I looked around online but can't find any details.
Edit: never mind, I found another rendering. That pool is something I would like to think I'd try but probably wouldn't.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilism View Post
Wonder where they could put the baseball stadium development. Midtown near Reed or Beaman developments, the undeveloped land behind the convention center (behind Circle South and Ritz-Carlton developments), land in vicinity of the train museum. Are the old Sounds stadium or PSC Metal location out of the question?
I think the old Sound's stadium site is out of the question, since it's already being developed if I recall correctly. I also think the group pushing for the MLB team wants the stadium close to downtown to increase walkability to it.
The PSC Metal site would be ideal, but they have not shown any interest in relocating. That site may be the eyesore of downtown for years and years to come without eminent domain. I also wonder what will be to cost to clean up that site as well. Which may be part of the reason why PSC doesn't want to sell because their may be conditions for clean-up. It could also be why Metro has been reluctant to using eminent domain, because the clean-up could fall on the city.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 6:25 PM

[QUOTE=MidTenn1;9179606]I added images of some proposed buildings to a current skyline view..

[/QUOTE
This is beautiful!

Old Posted Feb 8, 2021, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
Incredible... if all of those get built Nashville will have the largest (not tallest, but largest) skyline in the Southeast outside Miami and Atlanta.

damn. i haven't been since the early 2000s (back when sully still lived there!) but i've got to make a trip up sometime.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 1:29 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

nashville could use a good strong centerpiece tower over 700’ (i dont know what is proposed) - i was surprised to learn that the batman building was over 600’ tall - it feels very squat when driving past it and doesn’t pop like one kansas city place or something which is comparable height.

currently looking at positions based out of nashville medium term to hopefully capture growth in renewables and changes in environmental regulations as the southeast moves that direction. just sort of checking in here now to see what is happening.

Last edited by Centropolis; Feb 20, 2021 at 1:48 PM.

Old Posted Feb 20, 2021, 3:34 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
damn. i haven't been since the early 2000s (back when sully still lived there!) but i've got to make a trip up sometime.
You definitely should my friend... almost a totally different city than it was back then, in a good way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centropolis View Post
nashville could use a good strong centerpiece tower over 700’ (i dont know what is proposed) - i was surprised to learn that the batman building was over 600’ tall - it feels very squat when driving past it and doesn’t pop like one kansas city place or something which is comparable height.

Agreed... the Paramount Tower (which is the middle brownish tower in MidTenn's mock up there) is proposed at 750 feet actually but it is currently somewhat in limbo because the city is being stupid about a landswap deal that would be required. Fingers crossed on that one. But I'd say pretty much everything else you see there has a fairly strong chance at happening, because Nashville is just totally on fire right now and is approaching, if it hasn't already gotten there, Austin levels of development. It's still very much a work in progress, of course, but it is exciting to see the transformation taking place before our very eyes.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 12:26 AM

In regards to my last post about Neuhoff. Walked by today and they have started putting on their "advertisements" on the Construction fencing highlighting the new development and a new website. Looks like it's shooting for a 2022 completion.

www.neuhoffgermantown.com

Old Posted Feb 23, 2021, 2:13 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
...Nashville is just totally on fire right now and is approaching, if it hasn't already gotten there, Austin levels of development...
Not quite in the same ballpark.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations