HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Indeed. I don't know why, but perhaps Harley wanted a more prominent location closer to town. I still have the original renders on file. The new renders are quite different.
The reason is what you are all suspecting. Harley was demanding that they be separated

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 1:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

La Vie en Rose and Bikini Village Launch Expansion by Acquiring Vacated Retail Spaces in Canada
By Mario Toneguzzi
April 4, 2021
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...i1v_3AtBdyvUpg

They specifically mention the Mapleton Centre in Moncton as part of their expansion plans in the linked Retail Insider article above.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2021, 8:00 PM

Significant earth-moving operations started today at the old Day and Ross site off Mapleton Road, where the new Kent will be located.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 3:50 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Significant earth-moving operations started today at the old Day and Ross site off Mapleton Road, where the new Kent will be located.
I must admit that I am not a big fan of this move by Kent. This is just more needless retail sprawl. I would be far happier if they stayed at Wheeler Park and refurbished their store there.

Between the loss of Costco and the loss of Kent, the Wheeler Park development is in big trouble.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2021, 4:08 AM

Quote:
I must admit that I am not a big fan of this move by Kent. This is just more needless retail sprawl. I would be far happier if they stayed at Wheeler Park and refurbished their store there.

Between the loss of Costco and the loss of Kent, the Wheeler Park development is in big trouble.
I would be happy to see 2 Kents. Current location for garden centre, indoor outdoor furniture, kitchen design, flooring, lighting centre, etc.

The new Kent could be all construction stuff. Drive thru wood yard, windows & door centre, contractors centre, tool centre, etc.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2021, 1:30 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Rumour is that Fairweather at CF Champlain is going to relocate to the former Jack & Jones location.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2021, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Rumour is that Fairweather at CF Champlain is going to relocate to the former Jack & Jones location.
Recent chatter suggests that they are actually moving to the former Just Cozy spot (next to Envy). This is spot is 2,296sq.ft. Which is a downsize from their current spot (4,266sq.ft). Apparently, the current Fairweather spot is already spoken for by a new tenant (possibly could be Torrid??).

Old Posted Apr 13, 2021, 11:28 PM

Quote:
La Vie en Rose and Bikini Village Launch Expansion by Acquiring Vacated Retail Spaces in Canada
By Mario Toneguzzi
April 4, 2021
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...i1v_3AtBdyvUpg

They specifically mention the Mapleton Centre in Moncton as part of their expansion plans in the linked Retail Insider article above.
I just happened to deliver to a new La Vie En Rose store in CF Masonville in London today. They already had a location in the mall, but upgraded to the former Le Chateau. Their Bikini Village store had also recently relocated within the mall to what is now right across from the new LVER location. Both are much nicer stores than their previous locations. Nice to see them investing in these times.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2021, 1:51 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Forever 21 Returning to Canada with Physical Stores
By Craig Patterson
April 13, 2021
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...ysical-stores/

Quote:
Los Angeles-based fast fashion retailer Forever 21 will make its return to Canada this year with physical stores after shuttering all locations as part of a bankruptcy filing in 2019. Toronto-based YM Inc. is leading the expansion after establishing a partnership last year that included announcing a new Forever 21 e-commerce site for the Canadian market.
Quote:
YM Inc. owns several fashion retail banners in Canada including Urban Planet, Urban Behaviour, Sirens, Bluenotes, Suzy Shier, Stitches, West 49, and Amnesia. In 2019 Retail Insider reported that YM was bringing the Aéropostale retail banner back into the Canadian market after the US brand’s bankruptcy in 2016. YM Inc. was founded in 1975 with the opening of a Stitches store in downtown Toronto and the company has since grown rapidly with more than 650 stores across its banners and thousands of employees.
Forever 21 never had any stores in NB, with the closest location at MicMac Mall in Dartmouth. YM however operates multiple locations, especially at CF Champlain, and it would be interesting to speculate that at some point, they might be interested in bringing the Forever 21 banner to this neck of the wood. In particular, the former Victoria's Secret location in the mall might be attractive to them.........

Old Posted Apr 15, 2021, 11:09 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post

Photo from this evening showing activity at the old Day & Ross site. The old Kent location is easily visible in the far background.

In the near background, you can see the new tower crane installed for the eight storey apartment building on Lady Ada.

In the foreground, you can see the land cleared last fall, and now for sale. A good opportunity for commercial, retail, hotel or residential, located facing the TCH.

Old Posted Apr 16, 2021, 12:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Ardene is apparently returning to CF Champlain. It will occupy the Fairweather space (which is itself relocating elsewhere in the mall).

Old Posted Apr 21, 2021, 6:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Ardene is apparently returning to CF Champlain. It will occupy the Fairweather space (which is itself relocating elsewhere in the mall).
Confirmed:

Old Posted Apr 23, 2021, 1:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Gap-Owned Brand ‘Athleta’ to Enter Canada with Stores
By Craig Patterson
April 20, 2021
https://retail-insider.com/retail-in...a-with-stores/

Two stores are opening this year (Toronto and Vancouver).

There are currently 200 stores in the US. GAP says they want to open 20-30 stores in North America per year.

This is a brand that potentially could open in places like Halifax or Moncton, but I imagine that it will be a decade before they hit the Maritimes (at their current rate of proposed expansion). In 10 years, there could be 500 stores continent wide, with presumably about 50 in Canada. It is at about that point that market penetration would allow a store like this to consider Moncton as a potential target for expansion.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2021, 5:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Anyone remember the Disney Store at CF Champlain that closed about 15 years ago?

Breaking news from Retail-Insider - Disney has just announced closure of all of their remaining retail stores in Canada.

It's the end of an era...…….

Old Posted May 10, 2021, 3:26 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Lots of earth moving going on for the new Jiffy Lube in the Granite Centre.

Old Posted May 14, 2021, 3:28 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The foundation for the new Kent store on Moncton Street, off of Mapleton Road is now apparently being formed in.

Old Posted May 16, 2021, 1:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to Halifax ReTales. Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen (best known for their chicken offerings) will be opening a location in Bedford NS (as part of a small retail complex including an Esso station and an A&W).

https://halifax.retales.ca/2021/05/j...m-tikka-pizza/

This will be Popeye's first incursion into Atlantic Canada. They apparently plan multiple locations in Halifax. If this chain is expanding to Halifax, will Moncton and the other NB cities be soon to follow???? If they come to Moncton, where do you think they would set up shop?

https://www.popeyeschicken.ca

Looking at their website, I was surprised to see that there are over 200 Popeye's locations in Canada. It's time they finally discovered Atlantic Canada.

Last edited by MonctonRad; May 16, 2021 at 1:43 PM.

Old Posted May 16, 2021, 2:48 PM

Quote:
According to Halifax ReTales. Popeye's Louisiana Kitchen (best known for their chicken offerings) will be opening a location in Bedford NS (as part of a small retail complex including an Esso station and an A&W).

https://halifax.retales.ca/2021/05/j...m-tikka-pizza/

This will be Popeye's first incursion into Atlantic Canada. They apparently plan multiple locations in Halifax. If this chain is expanding to Halifax, will Moncton and the other NB cities be soon to follow???? If they come to Moncton, where do you think they would set up shop?

https://www.popeyeschicken.ca

Looking at their website, I was surprised to see that there are over 200 Popeye's locations in Canada. It's time they finally discovered Atlantic Canada.
Interesting, I wonder if there restaurants are in suburban locations or are they off highways/ busy high traffic areas.. I could see one in Salisbury maybe Lincoln, Quispamsis in NB, MAYBE NEAR THE MALLS IN CHARLOTTETOWN. on PEI,

Old Posted May 16, 2021, 6:15 PM

I've always thought it odd how Popeye's had no footprint here.
They have no clue how much revenue they are missing out on.
Or maybe they do, and thus are mounting their assault on the quick-serve chicken wars hereabouts.

Old Posted May 28, 2021, 12:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mapleton Centre Update:

Under Armour signage has been installed:

La Vie en Rose Outlet signage has been installed:

Moxie's is currently closed, but apparently this is pandemic related, and there are staffing issues. A deep cleaning is in order too. It will likely reopen in 7-10 days or so.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces