HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 3:19 PM

Hey SouthCentral do you have any recent pictures of the old D & H building on seventh street as well progress on the round about on 7th street?

Old Posted Oct 27, 2021, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldy1 View Post
The reason I said a super Walmart would be good for uptown, I was thinking about the many jobs it could create in that part of the city.
At the cost of where else? Some mom and pop in a pedestrian strip that it will shut down a half mile away?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 1:03 AM

Quote:
Hey SouthCentral do you have any recent pictures of the old D & H building on seventh street as well progress on the round about on 7th street?
I don't but I will try and drive down 7th sometime soon. Might be a few weeks though.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2021, 5:29 PM

Thanks SouthCentralPA.

Old Posted Oct 30, 2021, 3:10 PM
Me?!?

Talk about a smart flip!

Harrisburg property sold for $12.8 million

By Daniel Urie | durie@pennlive.com
A 21.3-acre Harrisburg property that was purchased for about half-a million dollars this summer was sold for close to $13 million on Oct. 18.

A real estate development company affiliated with Moran Logistics, a warehousing and logistics provider, based in Watsontown, Northumberland County purchased the Herr Street property for $505,000 in July from the Capital Region Economic Development Corporation (known as CREDC), the non-profit economic development arm of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...outputType=amp

Old Posted Nov 2, 2021, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Talk about a smart flip!

Harrisburg property sold for $12.8 million

A 21.3-acre Harrisburg property that was purchased for about half-a million dollars this summer was sold for close to $13 million on Oct. 18.

A real estate development company affiliated with Moran Logistics, a warehousing and logistics provider, based in Watsontown, Northumberland County purchased the Herr Street property for $505,000 in July from the Capital Region Economic Development Corporation (known as CREDC), the non-profit economic development arm of the Harrisburg Regional Chamber.
https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...outputType=amp
I read about that today and was wondering how it was even possible to flip it for that much of a difference in price....??

Old Posted Nov 7, 2021, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Drove down 7th Street yesterday to check these out. It was hard to get a good picture of the roundabout but it looks like most of the work is done and should be open to traffic sometime soon.

The old D&H Building is completely gone and a brand new building for the Commonwealth looks pretty well complete.

Old Posted Nov 7, 2021, 10:34 PM

Harrisburg University tops off new academic building with beam signing

https://theburgnews.com/news/harrisb...h-beam-signing

Harrisburg University building sounds like it topped off!

Quote:
Harrisburg University officials celebrated a milestone in the construction of the university’s new education center. On Thursday, they joined with donors to sign the final two steel beams of the structure.

The 11-story building is being built at S. 3rd and Chestnut streets in downtown Harrisburg. It will house the school’s health sciences, advanced manufacturing and interactive media programs.
Quote:
The building will house health science laboratories, 3D printing facilities, advanced manufacturing equipment, a 150-seat interactive auditorium, a virtual reality creation space and other classrooms.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 2:01 AM

Thanks SouthCentral Pa for the picture of the new state office building, it looks good and the turn about is coming along.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2021, 9:46 PM

Quote:
Thanks SouthCentral Pa for the picture of the new state office building, it looks good and the turn about is coming along.
No problem

Old Posted Nov 10, 2021, 2:45 AM
Chairman

Where in Hburg is this new state building?

-sb

Old Posted Nov 10, 2021, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Where in Hburg is this new state building?
Where the old D&H building was on N 7th St between Schuylkill & Radnor. Not sure what department is going into it though.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2021, 7:24 PM
Me?!?

Harrisburg Mall receives demolition permit for its three largest empty spaces

Work is going on at the Harrisburg Mall in Swatara Township.

Maryland-based St. John Properties has received a demolition permit for the interior of the former Boscov’s/JCPenney space, the former Macy’s store, and the former Great Escape movie theater, according to Robert Ihlein, the director of building and codes department for the township. He said the mall owners have not revealed any further plans and he stressed that the permits are only for the inside of the three spaces. Officials at the mall couldn’t be reached for comment.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...BVGPcbmT6NF5Co

Old Posted Nov 13, 2021, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastSideHBG View Post
Harrisburg Mall receives demolition permit for its three largest empty spaces

Work is going on at the Harrisburg Mall in Swatara Township.

Maryland-based St. John Properties has received a demolition permit for the interior of the former Boscov’s/JCPenney space, the former Macy’s store, and the former Great Escape movie theater, according to Robert Ihlein, the director of building and codes department for the township. He said the mall owners have not revealed any further plans and he stressed that the permits are only for the inside of the three spaces. Officials at the mall couldn’t be reached for comment.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2021/1...BVGPcbmT6NF5Co
Very interesting... I wonder what the end-game is for this??

Old Posted Nov 14, 2021, 11:29 PM

Harrisburg Update

All photos taken on 11/12/2021 by me on my phone.

State Archives Building
Looks like window installation has started on the west side of the building. They also started the exterior on the north side of the building. It looks to be grey brickwork - looks pretty good.

Federal Courthouse
Looks like most of the glass is installed on the west side of the building finally.

Harrisburg University Tower
Some close-up shots of the interior work. You can see ductwork, fireproofing, wires, stairwell, etc.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2021, 11:32 PM

Bonus shot from Negley Park. It's not great quality since it was taken on my phone but it shows just how noticeable the new Harrisburg University Tower is. Great addition to the skyline!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 1:00 AM

Thanks again SouthCentral PA good pics as always. By the way when will the Archives building be completed?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2021, 1:51 AM

Quote:
Thanks again SouthCentral PA good pics as always. By the way when will the Archives building be completed?
No problem!

And not sure.. According to this page I found, the next milestone is the exterior will be complete in the winter of 2022.

Quote:
Latest updates

The contractors are making progress with fireproofing, interior wall studs, mechanical, electrical and plumbing activities. On the exterior, the contractors are installing glass-fiber reinforced concrete panels and curtain wall panels.

Next milestone

Winter 2022: Complete exterior of new courthouse.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2021, 12:39 AM

Some updates from this long Thanksgiving weekend. All photos taken by me on my phone.

State Archives Building
Taken on Friday 11/26/2021. First photo is what the side facing N 7th St looks like.

And there's more glass on the N 6th St side.

Federal Courthouse
Taken on 11/26/2021 from the State Archives site. This is the north side of the building and it looks like glass installation has finally begun.

Taken on 11/27/2021. West side of the building taken from N 6th St. Looks pretty nice to me.

Harrisburg University Tower
Taken on 11/28/2021 from 3rd & Chestnut.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2021, 9:32 PM

$35M apartment venture eyed for Hager Building parking lot in downtown Lancaster

Proposal in Lancaster for a six story (seven stories in the back) mixed-used building. Right near Central Market, it would replace a parking lot and an under-utilized building (top two floors are vacant). It would keep the historic façade which is a huge plus. I think it looks pretty nice and would be great for downtown Lancaster!

https://lancasteronline.com/business...6d52bb7c1.html

Quote:
A local businessman is proposing to develop a unique mix of housing and shopping in downtown Lancaster that would transform one side of a prominent center-city block.

In a project costing at least $35 million, Doug Shand wants to construct a six-story building in the first block of West King Street, mostly on the parking lot he owns next to the Hager Building. It would include 120 to 130 apartments, from studios to two-bedroom units with dens.

The rest of the project’s footprint would come from a historic structure at 43 W. King St. Shand would save its façade but raze the structure behind it. The same approach was used on Penn Square, where the Watt & Shand façade was preserved and the Marriott hotel/convention center built behind it.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations