HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 1, 2021, 8:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Mapleton Centre Update:

- La Vie en Rose Outlet is now open.
- Under Armour construction is now complete. Just waiting for stock.
- Moxie's has reopened after their COVID exposure.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2021, 8:05 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Also:

2,500,000 views for the Moncton Retail Thread!!!

Old Posted Jun 2, 2021, 11:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Ardene signage is up for their new location at CF Champlain:

photo from Retail Talk & Share

Old Posted Jun 6, 2021, 2:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Marble Slab Creamery is apparently looking for a Moncton franchisee.

https://www.marbleslab.ca/

There is a store in Halifax, in Clayton Park. There are over 80 locations nationwide.

Old Posted Jun 6, 2021, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
Marble Slab Creamery is apparently looking for a Moncton franchisee.

https://www.marbleslab.ca/

There is a store in Halifax, in Clayton Park. There are over 80 locations nationwide.
They currently have franchises available for all 3 big NB cities. https://www.marbleslabfranchise.ca/locations

Old Posted Jun 8, 2021, 1:36 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sky Zone has announced their new location - 615 St. George Blvd (the old Chrysler distribution centre). It will be 28,000 sq ft (larger than their old location), and will have a higher ceiling. This will likely be a better location all around.

An opening date has not yet been announced.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 1:45 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sorry, wrong thread.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 1:49 PM

I’ve been hearing from people at my work that there is a big renovation planned for the Main Street Superstore. It’s also going to be more than cosmetic, with some departments shuffling around. I’ve been hearing they plan on doing this starting in January and it is to feature a Starbucks near the front of the store. I know that there is a Tim Hortons in the Charlottetown Superstore so this is not a stretch. I am surprised that it is planned on being a Starbucks.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 2:03 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I’ve been hearing from people at my work that there is a big renovation planned for the Main Street Superstore. It’s also going to be more than cosmetic, with some departments shuffling around. I’ve been hearing they plan on doing this starting in January and it is to feature a Starbucks near the front of the store. I know that there is a Tim Hortons in the Charlottetown Superstore so this is not a stretch. I am surprised that it is planned on being a Starbucks.
Interesting. I have a source who has mentioned that there is a major (nearly forklift) renovation planned for the CF Champlain Walmart. Maybe the upgrade at the Main Street Superstore is in response to the rumoured Walmart upgrade.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 2:58 PM

I'd still like to see a residential tower attached to Champlain place. It's a business model that Cadillac Fairview is implementing in other markets. They've made substantial investments in residential towers above their commercial properties, creating some incredible buildings. Maybe we'll see it here some day.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 4:16 PM

Quote:
Interesting. I have a source who has mentioned that there is a major (nearly forklift) renovation planned for the CF Champlain Walmart. Maybe the upgrade at the Main Street Superstore is in response to the rumoured Walmart upgrade.
It could be. I know that the store is very old. It was built in 1986 and it’s last renovation was in 2011. There is parts of the floor where things are cracking and slopping so I think this renovation will be substantial. It would almost be cheaper to relocate. I believe Moncton could support one of the Loblaws urban market stores (perhaps next to Rallye Chrysler) and another new store in Dieppe as a replacement. I don’t believe this is in the company’s plans though.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2021, 6:28 PM

Quote:
There is no Tim Hortons in any of the Superstores in Charlottetown.
There has been a Starbucks in the one near the University for the last year or so.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 2:48 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The structural steel is starting to go up for the new Kent store on Moncton Street off of Mapleton Road.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2021, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy1 View Post
There is no Tim Hortons in any of the Superstores in Charlottetown.
There has been a Starbucks in the one near the University for the last year or so.
Ahh I was told it was going to be a Tim Hortons before it got built. Must have gotten it confused. That makes sense then if that one was a Starbucks than the Moncton one could have one too.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2021, 2:08 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is interesting:

Quote:
Recipe Unlimited Corp. says it has signed a deal to sell its Milestones chain of restaurants to Quebec-based Foodtastic Inc.

Financial terms of the deal were not immediately available.

Recipe chief executive Frank Hennessey says the deal helps the company further rationalize its portfolio to focus on large brands.

The company’s banners include Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St-Hubert, the Keg, Montana’s, Kelsey’s, East Side Mario’s and New York Fries.

Foodtastic, a franchisor of multiple restaurant brands, bought the Second Cup Coffee Co. chain from Aegis Brands Inc. earlier this year.

Some of its other restaurant brands include Au Coq, La Belle et La Boeuf, Monza, Carlos & Pepe’s, Souvlaki Bar and Nickels.
The Moncton franchisee also owns the local Montana's and Kelsey's restaurants. I wonder how he feels about his third restaurant being divested by Recipe Unlimited? I wonder what this will mean for the menu offerings and quality of service for Milestone's?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2021, 3:41 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
This is interesting:

The Moncton franchisee also owns the local Montana's and Kelsey's restaurants. I wonder how he feels about his third restaurant being divested by Recipe Unlimited? I wonder what this will mean for the menu offerings and quality of service for Milestone's?
They also recently acquired Cooper Branch last month. They seem to be aggressively expanding their portfolio. I would think the franchisee may look to unload it if possible. It hasn't been open long so this isn't the best news for them I'm sure

Old Posted Jun 16, 2021, 7:51 AM

Didn't the Copper Branch close, or am I mistaken?
I hope I've been misinformed, as I haven't made it there yet.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2021, 9:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'homard View Post
Didn't the Copper Branch close, or am I mistaken?
I hope I've been misinformed, as I haven't made it there yet.
Copper Branch in Dieppe is indeed closed.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2021, 1:17 PM

They also had announced an aggressive expansion plan with Second Cup not long after they bought the chain. I think it’s good to have a different owner. My question is will they continue to except those gift cards that have all the different restaurants on them, and if so for how long.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2021, 2:06 PM

Quote:
They also had announced an aggressive expansion plan with Second Cup not long after they bought the chain. I think it’s good to have a different owner. My question is will they continue to except those gift cards that have all the different restaurants on them, and if so for how long.
The Starbucks on Main Street was such a vibrant place in it's heyday. It was usually busy with a lot of downtown workers there throughout the day.

I wonder if Second Cup would consider this location.

The drawback might be the fact that a lot of downtown workers are no longer working downtown. But I would think that some must be returning to their offices. And there's always the possibility of new business moving in, like Thinkmax who are moving into the Higgins Block. I think it would be great if Second Cup were to open downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces