HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 5:58 PM

OOOHHHHH How I cant wait for this to be reality!

I don't know exactly where WPS would be in this. But it seems like if it was a 1,000ft+ it would have added a nice balance to the skyline there right in the middle.

An aerial view of frozen Lake Michigan by Daniel/Dan Eidsmoe, on Flickr

source: rgarri4[/QUOTE]

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 3:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomrQT View Post
You should prepare yourself for the current planned height to stay.
Thanks, I think I’ll be okay. BMO has been adding floors well into its construction. And this is the last highrise office tower in the pipeline, at least that I know of. So there’s a case that the same could happen with this one, particularly bc it is in the second hot job market in River North (with WL).

This is also a thin tower — 1.2M at 58 floors while BMO is 1.5M at 50 floors — so even a law firm lease would push this over 900 feet.

And that’s not to mention that this tower could flip over and die with some financial turmoil, like the kind we’ve seen the last month.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 6:48 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtowntransplant View Post
Thanks, I think I’ll be okay. BMO has been adding floors well into its construction. And this is the last highrise office tower in the pipeline, at least that I know of. So there’s a case that the same could happen with this one, particularly bc it is in the second hot job market in River North (with WL).

This is also a thin tower — 1.2M at 58 floors while BMO is 1.5M at 50 floors — so even a law firm lease would push this over 900 feet.

And that’s not to mention that this tower could flip over and die with some financial turmoil, like the kind we’ve seen the last month.
I don't think BMO ended up adding much or anything at all. As for this I think there was a cost reason they cut the height, I read something like that way back, I wouldn't expect them to bump it up again. They already have their signature tower in San Francisco.

That picture is awesome btw! To make us feel better, you can always stop and realize that Chicago is basically adding a Los Angeles worth of skyscrapers this cycle, even without Tribune and Parcel I.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2020, 1:20 PM

Updated from last week was groundbreaking is 5/4. Who knows if that will happen now... haven't heard anything yet.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2020, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicag0 View Post
Updated from last week was groundbreaking is 5/4. Who knows if that will happen now... haven't heard anything yet.
Not to be a Debbit Downer, but I'd speculate that probability of delay for this project is now 'quite high.'

Old Posted Mar 21, 2020, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivernorthlurker View Post
Not to be a Debbie Downer, but I'd speculate that probability of delay for this project is now 'quite high.'
I Agree

There is virtually no chance anymore of a march groundbreaking because of the coronavirus, and now closures and stay at home order extending into April and with things likely to get worse we can see further extensions to closures into may.

I could possibly see a Mid-Summer Ground Breaking if things end by June but it ain't no guarantee.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals