HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Today, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
Seoul's heading headfirst in to a spring heatwave. It'll be 32c here on Friday.

I don't know if I'm ready for another humid, East Asian summer.
Hate to tell you, but it looks as if the wet season in Japan has started about 3 weeks early... Forecast for the next 10 days is all rain.

This sucks for several reasons, first is that the sunny May days before the rainy season is the best time of year in Japan, it is comfortable (low to mid 20s) and fresh, and allergy season is largely over. Next this means an extended wet season... And finally, it likely means an extra long and extra humid swimmer, ugh...

Old Posted Today, 12:51 AM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proof Sheet View Post
For a pure merging of natural scenery and built form, Italy blows Canada out of the water..
For sure. The only thing we've got going for us that Italy (or the rest of the world outside of the US, for that matter) doesn't have is the pleasant streets of old homes in the cities and towns of southern Ontario and Quebec. Well, okay, all of Canada has the sort of suburban spaces that immigrants flock to, but you wouldn't exactly put a photo of Markham or Milton up as an example of an aesthetic to stir the passions of one who has just seen the Amalfi Coast.

Erm, didn't mean that to sound like anything in Canada stands up to the Amalfi Coast. Still, aside from the awe-inspiring barrenness of Canada's remote areas, what really grabs people from other countries is streets in neighbourhoods like this: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.2473...7i16384!8i8192

And this: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.2498...7i16384!8i8192

During the UCI cycling world championships in Hamilton in 2003 I noticed countless European fans stopping and staring at this place along the route: https://www.google.com/maps/@43.2511...7i16384!8i8192

Old Posted Today, 1:00 AM
Registered Drug User

Quote:
Originally Posted by giallo View Post
We're all getting old.

But yeah, I'm really not in to it these days - though I was never really in to 35c with 75% humidity.
At least the heat is consistent in Asia, though. You get used to it and you get into a rhythm with it. The worst thing about southern Ontario is that a stretch of three or four days of nice heat and humidity will inevitably get broken up by thundershowers followed by a few days of dry, cool weather where it doesn't feel like summer anymore.

A South African women I met here once told me that it wasn't the winters that bothered her here, but the lack of consistent heat in the summers. I knew exactly what she meant.

Old Posted Today, 2:42 AM
Suburbs Suck

Only 15.1C and at noon so a weird weather day today.
Clouded over with some drizzle this evening.
castlegar.ca

Old Posted Today, 3:02 AM

Similar to Castlegar, only hit 15c. Had some well needed rain showers through the day. Sun came out with perfect timing while I was at the driving range.

Warming trend starting tomorrow with rising to our warmest forecast of the year, depending on where you check the forecast, it ranges from 26c to 29c on Sunday.

Old Posted Today, 3:59 AM
Go Chiefs!

17C and mostly cloudy. Despite the sunny periods, the temperature remains on the cool side today. We will get our first above normal day this month tomorrow? The answer in a few hours.

Low of 6C this morning.

The warmspot was Winnipeg, MB at 24.7C.

Old Posted Today, 4:14 AM

Beautiful day in the Peg today 24.7 C . Best part 10 day forecast is highs in low to mid twenties the whole time !!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada