HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post
I think it's actually next door to 3630.
Exactly this. The driveway is the existing driveway for 3630, and this will be building either adjacent to the parking deck or partially on top of the existing parking deck.

If you us google street view you can see the driveway for 3630 has the exact configuration of the church shown in the render visible next door.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 6:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Exactly this. The driveway is the existing driveway for 3630, and this will be building either adjacent to the parking deck or partially on top of the existing parking deck.

If you us google street view you can see the driveway for 3630 has the exact configuration of the church shown in the render visible next door.
I hope that it shares the parking deck and faces Peachtree-Dunwoody. Would that be too much to ask?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sura View Post
I wish Lenox would implode and they would start over on development.
I actually think that Lenox could be retrofitted quite nicely if the mall is quartered along its main corridor(s) and gridded with the outside streets and flanked by higher density developments on the parking spaces. It would have to be gridded and well integrated with the surrounding development to work though.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 7:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
I actually think that Lenox could be retrofitted quite nicely if the mall is quartered along its main corridor(s) and gridded with the outside streets and flanked by higher density developments on the parking spaces. It would have to be gridded and well integrated with the surrounding development to work though.
Agreed. Lenox could be "enclosed" by an outer collection and/or mixture of mid and high rises, offices and or apartments hopefully with some storefronts on both Peachtree and Lenox Rd. In addition the intersection of Lenox and Peachtree needs to be narrowed. At the present the perceived distance from Lenox to Phipps seems very large and very unfriendly. Buildings on the two opposing corners would greatly reduce this perception. And, perhaps a Barnes Dance crossing could be made there for pedestrians.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
The two front parking lots are perfect for denser development.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 12:31 PM

It's a pleasant surprise to see construction continuing despite all the chaos going on at the moment.

I hope we can get a webcam of 14th and Spring soon. Looks like they'll be putting a crane up shortly.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 2:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
It's a pleasant surprise to see construction continuing despite all the chaos going on at the moment.

I hope we can get a webcam of 14th and Spring soon. Looks like they'll be putting a crane up shortly.
Make hay while we can-- construction sites have been shut down in Boston. Interesting to see how much proceeds, how much is delayed and how much just goes away. It's a hell of a crisis (unemployment may reach 10%+), but it is by definition temporary (if it's not, construction starts will be the least of our worries) and low interest rates will be very tempting for developers (also attractive given 2 year lead times). Yeah, a lot of those projects will disappear in the short run I'm afraid-- long term it's still up in the air--

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 2:15 PM
Back on the road again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
Make hay while we can-- construction sites have been shut down in Boston. Interesting to see how much proceeds, how much is delayed and how much just goes away. It's a hell of a crisis (unemployment may reach 10%+), but it is by definition temporary (if it's not, construction starts will be the least of our worries) and low interest rates will be very tempting for developers (also attractive given 2 year lead times). Yeah, a lot of those projects will disappear in the short run I'm afraid-- long term it's still up in the air--
I think we're going to look back on things and wistfully daydream about unemployment being as low as 10%...I think we're headed for much higher unemployment than that.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 7:20 PM

Quote:

Still cannot believe they do not have one for Norfolk Southern..

Old Posted Mar 20, 2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
Still cannot believe they do not have one for Norfolk Southern..
Right?

Thankfully i get a pretty decent view during my morning commute. Looks like they're starting on the fourth floor.

It's still hard to decipher where the student housing tower is as it looks like it is connected to the NS headquarters as one

Old Posted Mar 21, 2020, 1:13 AM

Thanks guys for staying positive. We'll survive and prosper.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2020, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Right?

Thankfully i get a pretty decent view during my morning commute. Looks like they're starting on the fourth floor.

It's still hard to decipher where the student housing tower is as it looks like it is connected to the NS headquarters as one
There is about a 5 foot gap between them on the lower parking levels-- I guess you are on of the few that still has a commute--

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Right?

AMAZING, that NS HQ construction is still continuing !! Got to give tons of credit there to decision makers who, no doubt, have every reason and intention of protecting workers.

Is construction continuing on other Midtown projects, too?

We all are praying for good news medically around the country and around the world !

Old Posted Mar 24, 2020, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
AMAZING, that NS HQ construction is still continuing !! Got to give tons of credit there to decision makers who, no doubt, have every reason and intention of protecting workers.

Is construction continuing on other Midtown projects, too?

We all are praying for good news medically around the country and around the world !
The Shelter in Place Order by the City of Atlanta Does exempt construction sites--

Last edited by Verge; Mar 26, 2020 at 12:41 PM.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 4:50 AM
Development Shill

Moving to Atlanta in mid-April... how do y'all think this corona shit might affect that process, if at all?

Old Posted Mar 25, 2020, 7:15 PM

No construction has stopped that I’m aware. Shelter in place just means when you aren’t working to stay home essentially. It is not a quarantine or prevent anyone from working. I even had meetings yesterday with school construction officials with city of Atlanta regarding upcoming projects about to start. In addition, the projects we currently have with Atlanta are still active and they are pushing as always to maintain schedules. I’m unaware of any additional construction protections for workers honestly. Most already wear PPE while working including masks and gloves. We are just being told to keep distance between each other and wash hands regularly like everyone else. All suppliers are open. They are not allowing anyone to enter their offices/premises. You must call in your order ahead of time and they bring it out to your vehicle/delivery truck along with your invoice/receipt.

Otherwise it is business as usual from East Alabama to metro Atlanta on all our projects. We have been requested by a hospital system to keep a crew on stand by for their needs should the crew be needed. They were called into work the past 2 nights to build temporary isolation rooms in sections of 2 hospitals for an overflow of patients in metro Atlanta already occurring.

City of Atlanta Permitting has closed but they have moved some things online already. We were issued a permit today by an online method for a $1M project breaking ground next week. Inspections are to be performed by a 3rd party (the city provided a list of providers to choose from for inspections) instead of city officials on the project and reports provided to the city for issuance of a CO upon completion.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; Mar 25, 2020 at 7:37 PM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
No construction has stopped that I’m aware. Shelter in place just means when you aren’t working to stay home essentially. It is not a quarantine or prevent anyone from working. I even had meetings yesterday with school construction officials with city of Atlanta regarding upcoming projects about to start. In addition, the projects we currently have with Atlanta are still active and they are pushing as always to maintain schedules. I’m unaware of any additional construction protections for workers honestly. Most already wear PPE while working including masks and gloves. We are just being told to keep distance between each other and wash hands regularly like everyone else. All suppliers are open. They are not allowing anyone to enter their offices/premises. You must call in your order ahead of time and they bring it out to your vehicle/delivery truck along with your invoice/receipt.

Otherwise it is business as usual from East Alabama to metro Atlanta on all our projects. We have been requested by a hospital system to keep a crew on stand by for their needs should the crew be needed. They were called into work the past 2 nights to build temporary isolation rooms in sections of 2 hospitals for an overflow of patients in metro Atlanta already occurring.

City of Atlanta Permitting has closed but they have moved some things online already. We were issued a permit today by an online method for a $1M project breaking ground next week. Inspections are to be performed by a 3rd party (the city provided a list of providers to choose from for inspections) instead of city officials on the project and reports provided to the city for issuance of a CO upon completion.
My earlier post was wrong-- construction site ARE exempted in the City of Atlanta. Some GC's have initiated strict on site rules, requiring signed waivers for visitors and requiring employees to attest to their current health---

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post

You are wrong about Shelter in Place-- It means don't go to work unless your work is on the exempted list-- That is the whole point, I'm afraid.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 6:01 PM

Atlantic Yards Interiors

Looks like PCM; Mikey Likey

Old Posted Mar 26, 2020, 6:58 PM

I'd say that looks *nicer* than PCM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations