HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 2:59 PM
Community Guy

Missing Links - sidewalk upgrades - April 25, 2019

A gathering to discuss the Missing Links initiative – our crowdsourcing project asking Edmontonians to help map upgrades needed on city sidewalks and streets.

It will feature:

a presentation of the five examples we’ve developed for inexpensive, straight-forward improvements possible for specific locations in the city
traffic engineer, Marcel Huculak, who developed the case studies, will explain his approach and findings
Q&A session
This public event invites citizens, community leaders and planners to explore what’s missing in active transportation infrastructure and possible next steps.

It's free.

https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/gaps-fix...xxW5_O04CUg79s

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldrsx View Post
A gathering to discuss the Missing Links initiative – our crowdsourcing project asking Edmontonians to help map upgrades needed on city sidewalks and streets.
The city needs volunteers to do the job of what paid civic employees should already do, but aren't, or are doing a piss-poor job of?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 3:11 PM
Community Guy

Complimenting their work.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Apr 22, 2019, 1:52 PM
DRINK

Strathcona County issued an RFP this year for a survey of all municipal sidewalks to inventory every single sag, crack, chip, etc.....no doubt to be used in assessing capital projects....

there is no excuse for the CoE to not have a comprehensive GIS database of municipal infrastructure such as sidewalks....

Old Posted Aug 4, 2021, 5:04 PM

Snow angels to clear sidewalks

On top of the city requiring help for infrastructure the one thing good citizens could do is engage in a sidewalk snow angel removal program. Red Deer has set up one for years but Edmonton seems to be laking. See blog thread

www.absnowremovalandlawncare.com

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton