HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 5:50 PM

[Halifax] Regency Park Extension | 12 Buildings | 7-28 FL | Proposed

New proposal for the Mount Royale area for a Stage I development agreement to allow the extension of Regency Park Drive to Washmill Lake Drive adjacent Bentley Drive. The plan is for 996 residential units in a mix of townhouses and mult-unit dwellings up to 12 floors and 164'000sq ft of commercial and office space.

Case 19532 Details

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 11:05 AM

It's what we've been asking for, isn't it? All the buildings appear to be at the street with parking in the rear. It does look like the on-street diagonal parking is facing the wrong way. Or, are people going to be required to back into these spaces?

Old Posted Jul 13, 2023, 12:48 AM

Might as well reuse this long-dead thread for the new proposal;

Rank Inc is proposing a Stage I DA for the extension of Regency Park Drive to Washmill Lake Drive.

• the extension of Regency Park Drive to Washmill Lake Drive;
• a total of 12 multiple unit buildings ranging in height from 7 to 28 storeys;
• ~2,750 residential units inclusive of townhouse style and apartment units;
• ~ 143,000 square feet of commercial space located along the Regency Park Drive extension;
• dedicated parkland and trail systems that connect the development to existing trails within the area, such as the Geizer Hill Trail;
• landscaped areas and amenity spaces throughout the development

Case 2023-00408 Details

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 1:55 PM

Seems to be a lack of images here on the HRM forums. Going to start posting before these files get pulled off the city's website!

Last edited by Stuckinsky; Jul 14, 2023 at 2:07 PM.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 4:12 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

It seems a bit better than some projects around there but still not great. I don't think site plans like this, added together, add up to a larger area where you can easily get a lot of your day-to-day needs met without a car, ideally in an attractive environment (not walking or cycling through parking lots and arterial roads).

I am sure some people like this part of town but it is the worst of both worlds in some ways. You get multi-unit with no private outdoor space and shared walls but you don't get the usual convenience of a medium density neighbourhod.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 4:19 PM

Terrible placement for the parking. Looks like a Le Corbusian nightmare.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
It seems a bit better than some projects around there but still not great. I don't think site plans like this, added together, add up to a larger area where you can easily get a lot of your day-to-day needs met without a car, ideally in an attractive environment (not walking or cycling through parking lots and arterial roads).

I am sure some people like this part of town but it is the worst of both worlds in some ways. You get multi-unit with no private outdoor space and shared walls but you don't get the usual convenience of a medium density neighbourhod.
143,000 sq. feet of retail space ain't nothing, and perhaps there may be some additional retail developments on this stretch in the future.

That said, I generally agree with your sentiment. If I had to imagine myself living here, I'd feel land locked (based on the current proposal).

There is also way too much open-air parking creating a much more sparse neighbourhood. If that was placed underground, everything could be tighter and create a better sense of place

Old Posted Jul 14, 2023, 6:18 PM
Halifax Promoter!

\This looks great, I hope the buildings have some design, like shown here! I think the parking is mostly underground with parking shown to be guest or commercial.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs