HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 7:11 AM
hi

Very interesting, thanks for the pictures.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 5:25 PM

The design and construction looks fine. It's too bad it is built on a pile of rock and is landscaped with only hard materials. Looks cold and harsh.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 7:20 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
The design and construction looks fine. It's too bad it is built on a pile of rock and is landscaped with only hard materials. Looks cold and harsh.
The Bedford waterfront has never really lived up to its potential. A lot of the landscaping as you say looks cheap and the pace of development has been very slow during a period when the rest of the town has mushroomed.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2013, 10:01 PM
Jelly Bean Sandwich

Much better than the typical 4-5 floor buildings that Bedford has been seeing as of late. I think the difference is the amount of glass used. No massive concrete walls and the red brick goes well with the darker greens

Old Posted Jan 8, 2013, 1:24 AM

Looks great. If the rest of the Mill Cove development goes ahead these buildings will be a part of a larger neighbourhood of a similar scale to King's Wharf. Combined with other projects like Harbour Isle (or whatever that development's current incarnation is called) we'll end up with a handful of harbourfront urban villages with distinct, cohesive architectural themes.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 3:35 PM

I went down to visit this for the first time since its been completed. I was really impressed with the quality of the public realm around the buildings. It lacks the retail to attract people, but the landscape is definitely better then say King's Wharf.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 4:28 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonovision View Post
I went down to visit this for the first time since its been completed. I was really impressed with the quality of the public realm around the buildings. It lacks the retail to attract people, but the landscape is definitely better then say King's Wharf.

That really is impressive. The green tinted glass, art work and vegetation all go together very well.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
That really is impressive. The green tinted glass, art work and vegetation all go together very well.
Yep, toss in some retail (even something as simple as a coffee shop) and it would be a home run! Typically, I find that without retail it still has the feeling of walking through somebody's backyard.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Suburbs