HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment

Old Posted Oct 14, 2012, 3:09 PM

Nocturne 2012

Finally got a chance to experience Nocturne, very cool event. CH is reporting 20000 people participated. One thing that struck me was that the city felt very alive with all those people out and around much like a bigger city. It could be a look at the potential Halifax 10-15 years in the future if we keep building residential downtown.

Anyway hope some of you got to share in the experience last night.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2012, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZulu View Post
Finally got a chance to experience Nocturne, very cool event. CH is reporting 20000 people participated. One thing that struck me was that the city felt very alive with all those people out and around much like a bigger city. It could be a look at the potential Halifax 10-15 years in the future if we keep building residential downtown.

Anyway hope some of you got to share in the experience last night.
If anyone has pics, I'd love to see them!

Old Posted Oct 19, 2015, 6:36 PM
Volatile Pacivist

I was just out during Nocturne 2015 on Saturday night and it was very busy as well. The rain in the early part of the night put a damper on things, but there was also an event letting out at the Metro Centre so the sidewalks were just packed. Quite a few times I had to walk on the road, but fortunately there wasn't a lot of car traffic.

I took the ferry over, and it was absolutely packed, and there was someone singing on the lower deck but I was upstairs because I enjoy the view. I didn't see all the art because I only had about an hour free to walk around but I saw maybe 20 exhibits.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Arts, Culture, Dining, Recreation & Entertainment