HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 11:29 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Is that new date for everyone, or just depending on what floor you're on?

If it's based on the floor, what floor is the unit you bought on?
Not sure if it's for everyone? My partner and I will be renting our unit from a friend. We will be on the 4th floor and someone our friend/landlord knows will be on the 5th and he somehow got info of early 2022 at least for his unit anyway. So we're just assuming we would be the same?

Really hoping the info is wrong or they speed up construction!

Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEC View Post
Not sure if it's for everyone? My partner and I will be renting our unit from a friend. We will be on the 4th floor and someone our friend/landlord knows will be on the 5th and he somehow got info of early 2022 at least for his unit anyway. So we're just assuming we would be the same?

Really hoping the info is wrong or they speed up construction!
Dang. My mom bought a unit on the 4th floor and we were hoping it would be ready by around June or July 2021. Even if the higher floors are available later, I can't see the difference between the 4th and 5th floor being 6 months - which makes me wonder if the 4th floor will be available no earlier than late 2021.

They seem to be making really good progress now and hoping just 1 more year is needed for her - but these things aren't easy to tell.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2020, 1:24 AM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Dang. My mom bought a unit on the 4th floor and we were hoping it would be ready by around June or July 2021. Even if the higher floors are available later, I can't see the difference between the 4th and 5th floor being 6 months - which makes me wonder if the 4th floor will be available no earlier than late 2021.

They seem to be making really good progress now and hoping just 1 more year is needed for her - but these things aren't easy to tell.
Well for all of us I'm really hoping it was misinformation!

Old Posted Jul 1, 2020, 9:50 PM

Condos are almost always delayed. And I mean almost ALWAYS. Like it’s a christmas miracle if it isn’t.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2020, 8:04 PM

Took a quick video of it today. Excuse the video quality.

Video Link

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 11:04 AM
Burger Connoisseur

This project is frustratingly slow. Drove by yesterday really hoping they would be done the main floor possibly starting the second.... Nope still just a parking garage! Meanwhile the Casa DiTorre condo on Hwy8 which started construction long after The Jackson is already on the 3rd floor!

Old Posted Sep 22, 2020, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StEC View Post
This project is frustratingly slow. Drove by yesterday really hoping they would be done the main floor possibly starting the second.... Nope still just a parking garage! Meanwhile the Casa DiTorre condo on Hwy8 which started construction long after The Jackson is already on the 3rd floor!
Casa DiTorre is a smaller building and footprint than the Jackson.

Also, I heard the Jackson had some issues with the sewers or nearby water or something that would mess with the integrity of the foundation, so that added extra time to the process.

I think within the next month or so they'll start on the floors and they'll be picking up the pace considerably.

My mom went to pick out her floor/cabinet/tile/fixtures, etc. last week - so the opening can't be too far off.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2020, 10:35 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Also, I heard the Jackson had some issues with the sewers or nearby water or something that would mess with the integrity of the foundation, so that added extra time to the process.
Ohhh well something like that would definitely cause a delay. Well the parking garage looked mostly complete so I'm sure the rest of the building will move quickly like you said (hopefully)!

Old Posted Sep 26, 2020, 11:21 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Casa DiTorre is a smaller building and footprint than the Jackson.

I think within the next month or so they'll start on the floors and they'll be picking up the pace considerably.

My mom went to pick out her floor/cabinet/tile/fixtures, etc. last week - so the opening can't be too far off.
Plus they are very different sites. The Jackson is adjacent to a ravine, and probably had a much more complex foundation to account for the slope. Casa Di Torre on a flat plot of land.

Nice to see this moving along though. This is now a very different street than it was 30+ years ago. I can recall when King between Nash and Centennial was 2 lanes! With an orchard where St. Joe's and the housing surrounding it is (Jackson's farm market on the corner of Nash and King)

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 1:22 PM

drove by this yesterday and it's finally above grade. The first floor walls were going up.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2020, 10:28 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
drove by this yesterday and it's finally above grade. The first floor walls were going up.
Exciting news, thanks for the update!

Old Posted Oct 28, 2020, 10:48 PM

Took another walk by this today and took another video.

Video Link

Old Posted Oct 29, 2020, 10:01 AM
Burger Connoisseur

Thanks Berklon, it's looking good!

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 12:28 AM

Desantis sent out an e-mail update today to the future tenants (sorry about the size).

Old Posted Jan 1, 2021, 9:17 PM

Took a video today to kick off the new year.

You can see the far side where they're testing the brick they'll use from the 3rd floor and up.

The remaining listings on realtor.ca stated "tentative occupancy is late 2021" - so I think the best case scenario is late Oct/Nov, but a realistic time would be spring 2022.

Video Link

Old Posted Jan 2, 2021, 2:31 PM
Burger Connoisseur

Wow they are really making progress now, good to see. Is that brick in front of the precast or did they just paint the precast it's kind of hard to tell from the video? Looks good though.

Some of the gaps seem rather large between the panels though especially at the corners. I know nothing about construction so for those in the know... is this normal? Seems like a lot of filler to fill in & seal those gaps, how does that lend to quality or potential future issues?

Thank you for doing these updates.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 1:30 PM

1/17/2021 by Joe, on Flickr

Old Posted Jan 19, 2021, 5:18 PM

Thanks. This is looking terrible.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2021, 9:54 PM

The concrete facade still needs to be stained. It'll look sharp once it's complete.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2021, 4:00 AM

A new month, another video update (excuse the camera movements - the reflections on my phone screen made it hard to see what I was recording).

Video Link

They've installed windows on the first floor. They should be starting the 6th floor in the next couple weeks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Suburbs